Will Kep1er out sell Aespa?

• Depends on China, if they like Xiaoting

Xiaoting was 9th, literally the least relevant of the Winners only just squeaking into the final lineup

Chaehyun would be the most relevant for potential Sales being the Highest Vote getter, otherwise what was even the point of that voting system if Korea is not vastly more important?

• Ktown is just over 5k roughly counting the other sites a fan said it’s around 15-20k so far. The fandom goal is 200k if I seen it right. The group or what you call it haven’t started yet.

:pepe-toilet:

• Xiaoting was 9th, literally the least relevant of the Winners only just squeaking into the final lineup

Chaehyun would be the most relevant for potential Sales being the Highest Vote getter, otherwise what was even the point of that voting system if Korea is not vastly more important?

ranks don't matter, Xiaoting got 9th because of korean votes but had more overall votes than Chaehyun (there were small kor votes in general, CH ended that high because they counted kor votes 10x) and in general ranks don't matter, Minju was 11 in pd48 but was one of most popular members with a huge fanbase during her time in Izone

• Xiaoting was 9th, literally the least relevant of the Winners only just squeaking into the final lineup

Ranks don’t matter in the slightest, korean votes weighed 10 times the votes of anyone else anywhere else in the world. heck even in PD48 when it was JUST koreans, Minju who was most likely rigged in the group was the 2nd most popular member in Japan and one of the most popular ones in Korea, and she was always this popular, even before they debuted she was the most mentioned on japanese websites alongside Chaewon who was also rigged in. i’m guessing that’s your first survival show because if you watch any other you’ll realize ranks are never truly accurate as they can be influenced by many factors. I-Land having the most popular member not even in the lineup ( the judges added him ) because of panic voting and people getting complacent for example. Xiaoting was another Sunoo situation where her own fans voted for another contestant because they assumed she’d be #1 as always, and when the interim ranking came out, everyone panicked and she went up 9 ranks in 3 days which is something impossible for anyone else. On intl voting she went from 14th to 5TH PLACE. In 3 days. Had everyone voted for her from the start she’d be only below Bahiyyih.

looking at the numbers the girls are pulling, overall Xiaoting is indeed the most popular member of Kep1er. Also you’re ignoring other countries selling power — GP999 was very big in Japan honestly even bigger than in Korea with 5 MILLION people watching the finale on a streaming website. Mashiro, Youngeun and Yeseo are the group’s top 3 so far.

As for China, Xiaoting’s teaser has 3x more likes than Kep1er’s weibo followers lol

• EVENTUALLY? they’re definitely outselling IOI please IOI was selling 100k per album

Yes, eventually.

Produce was a much bigger show than GP999, so it makes sense that IZ*ONE sold big out of the gate. And they only hit like 160k within a year for their debut before going on to hit 250k for Color*IZ (eventually). This was WITH the power of the great Sakura Miyawaki.

So, while Kepler's fans are loud, people thinking they will sell 200k off the bat...? That's a little delusional.

Even big 3 GG debuts don't usually push past 150k out the gate. If GP999 was bigger in SK, then maybe I could understand that confidence, but like I said, this are only my thoughts.

They may prove me wrong.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• Ranks don’t matter in the slightest, korean votes weighed 10 times the votes of anyone else anywhere else in the world. heck even in PD48 when it was JUST koreans, Minju who was most likely rigged in the group was the 2nd most popular member in Japan and one of the most popular ones in Korea, and she was always this popular, even before they debuted she was the most mentioned on japanese websites alongside Chaewon who was also rigged in. i’m guessing that’s your first survival show because if you watch any other you’ll realize ranks are never truly accurate as they can be influenced by many factors. I-Land having the most popular member not even in the lineup ( the judges added him ) because of panic voting and people getting complacent for example. Xiaoting was another Sunoo situation where her own fans voted for another contestant because they assumed she’d be #1 as always, and when the interim ranking came out, everyone panicked and she went up 9 ranks in 3 days which is something impossible for anyone else. On intl voting she went from 14th to 5TH PLACE. In 3 days. Had everyone voted for her from the start she’d be only below Bahiyyih.

looking at the numbers the girls are pulling, overall Xiaoting is indeed the most popular member of Kep1er. Also you’re ignoring other countries selling power — GP999 was very big in Japan honestly even bigger than in Korea with 5 MILLION people watching the finale on a streaming website. Mashiro, Youngeun and Yeseo are the group’s top 3 so far.

As for China, Xiaoting’s teaser has 3x more likes than Kep1er’s weibo followers lol

Then what was the point of Weighted Voting if the Korean Audience isn't more valuable?

Also where are these "Numbers the girls are pulling" you mention in your 2nd Paragraph?

• You’re overestimating Produce’s popularity in Korea and underestimating Kep1er’s in Japan.

– Sakura’s Japanese fans did not contribute to the sales much, I’m an ex Wiz*one and I promise you it was mostly her chinese fans, her J-fans just waited for her to comeback lol and many didn’t even like the fact that she was on a Kpop group

– Produce48 wasn’t so popular in Korea either. It may seem like it but the ratings were much lower than PD101 actually. While it was bigger than GP999, 1st place votes was 98 000 ( revealed to be inflated by 4.8 ) and Chaehyun and Dayeon got 76 000 and 74 000 respectively in Korea, so while that’s not the same they’re relatively close. They’re not flops.

— GP999 was bigger than Produce48 in Japan. 5 million people watched the finale on a streaming website, that’s not counting the YouTube watchers. The show was seriously big, and so will be there japanese fan base because Mashiro and Youngeun who were super popular ( Mashiro especially ) made it. U + Me charted in Japan solely thanks to these two. Japanese fans buy more albums than Korean fans, so we’re set.

— GP999 was bigger in China than PD48.

— GP999 was just bigger internationally. I know you guys think ifans don’t contribute much but Enhypen sales are literally mostly outside of Korea. BP sales are half international. Don’t underestimate.

Also, Purple Kiss the most nugu of nugu sells 80k so surely Kep1er is gonna outsell IOI lol this is 2021 not 2016, 100k isn’t considered giant anymore.

• Then what was the point of Weighted Voting if the Korean Audience isn't more valuable?

Also where are these "Numbers the girls are pulling" you mention in your 2nd Paragraph?

the show is korean of course they’d make the korean vote weigh 50% of the results. it doesn’t mean they’re the majority of the buyers. japan and china’s selling power is bigger than korea’s and the show was huge in japan while not so big in sk

Xiaoting teaser almost has 200k likes and is by far the most liked teaser out of everyone’s, Chaehyun’s is at 144k. Xiaoting had way more people spending Klaps ( points you could buy on the Universe app to make your fave rank on meaningless competitions… useless stuff to make you spend money and see which girls have the more financially ready fans ) on her than Chaehyun. She was always top 3. On Fancafe which is mostly Korean users Chaehyun had the most viewed teaser but Xiaoting was second. Xiaoting has the second most viewed Dazed video below Bahiyyih only, Xiaoting always has the most liked pictures, how is the supposedly least relevant member the most talked about overall?

Again, it’s the same as Sunoo from Enhypen. Her low ranking is due to 1. her fans getting complacent due to her constantly ranking #1, hence the giant jump she made in only 3 days

2. koreans panic voted for K-girls and said it THEMSELVES. before the finale the top 9 was almost all foreigners and they hated it. the interim ranking was 8K 1C because they all voted for korean girls thinking they were doomed and all the foreigners got pushed to the back.

• With a dumb name like

Kep1er I hope not

unfortunately for you it’s looking bright for them

in 24 hours since the pre orders opened their sales are estimated to be at 30k ( all websites combined )

24 hours

no fanbase has placed their order yet , no mass order yet

it’s all casual fans like you and me

when the fan bases place their orders it’s gonna skyrocket god bless we’re aiming for 100k pre orders

• I'm not reading all of that. I gave my opinion. They debut in December right? We'll just see then.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!