So, has YG officially fallen off?

• With Boy Groups, that is. We all know BlackPink is the life blood of YG right now (it's almost poetic, considering how mysogynistic YG has always been toward Girl Groups. His Karma, I guess).

Firstly, there's Treasure. I remember during I-land days, I used to see a lot of people hyping them up to be the next big thing, bigger than TXT and En-, and that they were set to be YG's response to Seventeen/EXO in the way that they were supposed to be their large, fandom-based, physical kings. But forget about physicals, even with the digitals that YG was known for is nowhere to be seen. The most notable thing I last heard I think is that they are decently popular in Japan? But with the way no one seems to hype them up anymore, as if all their fans have scram, I have no clue what their state is honestly.

Then there is Ikon who are.... what exactly?

And Winner? Do they even still exist? Genuinely. What happened to them?

And Big Bang is... well, you guys know.

Yeoreobun~ pls be nice, this is the first time I've made a thread in such a long time. <3

edit: Also, not saying a comeback is impossible. Big 3 have more lives than a cat. But it for now it seems like the end, no?

• I don’t understand the people who shade Treasure. I am not a fan but there is a lot of biased judgment on this group’s achievements. They’re doing more than great with physicals but are considered flops because they’re not doing well in digitals? A bg?

lt64IYu.gif

• Treasure are gonna be late bloomers IMO, like NCT Dream. The members are liked by Koreans, so it’ll just take one song to really make them rise. Otherwise, at least they sell a lot

With that said, it’s def safe to say YG is kicked out of the big 3. It’s HYBE, SM, & JYP now

People are more interested in Girl Groups than they are with Boy Groups, so BaeMon could be their next new saviors after BP

• I don’t understand the people who shade Treasure. I am not a fan but there is a lot of biased judgment on this group’s achievements. They’re doing more than great with physicals but are considered flops because they’re not doing well in digitals? A bg?

it's probably because all boy groups from YG had hit songs which topped charts

but there is one thing, Treasure are very young group and they still have time to do it

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I would understand this Treasure shade IF others big3 bg charted good :clown: . People love to talk about YGE past glorious days in the digital charts, but JYPE had a past too with 2pm and SME with exo, SHINee and TVXQ all releasing national hits and now NCT is the best at the charts of these big3 bg, but charting for only 1~2 months. And we can add BigHit here too with the digital thing.

Treasure are doing great and i think they have a huge potential and future. Their japanese success sure is promising.

Give them more time, none of these new groups are releasing hits so don't "charge" one if you won't charge the others with the same criteria.

• I would understand this Treasure shade IF others big3 bg charted good :clown: . People love to talk about YGE past glorious days in the digital charts, but JYPE had a past too with 2pm and SME with exo, SHINee and TVXQ all releasing national hits and now NCT is the best at the charts of these big3 bg, but charting for only 1~2 months. And we can add BigHit here too with the digital thing.

Treasure are doing great and i think they have a huge potential and future. Their japanese success sure is promising.

Give them more time, none of these new groups are releasing hits so don't "charge" one if you won't charge the others with the same criteria.

Yes, true I guess, but I wasn't talking about just digitals though. Treasure was also meant to be fandom driven and physical kings (which is why I mention EXO/Seventeen who do actually, if not great, then chart well). If Treasure have high physicals, then my bad, but I wouldn't know since people don't really talk about them. I only mention digitals because it was what was expected from YG boy groups.

As for JYP they had GOT7 who had great phyiscals and international popularity, and they still have Stray Kidz who have great phyiscals and international popularity.

It's not like I don't think Treasure doesn't have the potential or anything like that though (even groups like Brave Girls were able to make a resurgence). For now, this is just my current observations. Who knows where the wind will blow tomorrow.

• Yes, true I guess, but I wasn't talking about just digitals though. Treasure was also meant to be fandom driven and physical kings (which is why I mention EXO/Seventeen who do actually, if not great, then chart well). If Treasure have high physicals, then my bad, but I wouldn't know since people don't really talk about them. I only mention digitals because it was what was expected from YG boy groups.

As for JYP they had GOT7 who had great phyiscals and international popularity, and they still have Stray Kidz who have great phyiscals and international popularity.

It's not like I don't think Treasure doesn't have the potential or anything like that though (even groups like Brave Girls were able to make a resurgence). For now, this is just my current observations. Who knows where the wind will blow tomorrow.

But if you know nothing about them how are you calling them flops?? What are Treasure sales, please? Just so i will know if you are taking with facts or not ..

• Treasure are gonna be late bloomers IMO, like NCT Dream. The members are liked by Koreans, so it’ll just take one song to really make them rise. Otherwise, at least they sell a lot

With that said, it’s def safe to say YG is kicked out of the big 3. It’s HYBE, SM, & JYP now

People are more interested in Girl Groups than they are with Boy Groups, so BaeMon could be their next new saviors after BP

not really a fair comparison, nct dream (127 and u too) were at least charting on melon since debut . physicals aren't comparable due to different eras

I would understand this Treasure shade IF others big3 bg charted good :clown: . People love to talk about YGE past glorious days in the digital charts, but JYPE had a past too with 2pm and SME with exo, SHINee and TVXQ all releasing national hits and now NCT is the best at the charts of these big3 bg, but charting for only 1~2 months. And we can add BigHit here too with the digital thing.

I think it's because the difference between SM and JYP old vs new bgs isn't that noticeable

bigbang was the biggest digital seller, ikon and winner had some big hits right from debut. treasure digital charting is abysmal, so people notice the drop a lot

2pm and 2am did great digitally but they weren't very consistent. got7 charted on melon at first but never had big hits and since like 2018 they stopped charting, day6 keep charting well but not very high. so skz don't look as bad in comparison

SM bgs had some big hits but weren't consistent hit makers either, not like bigbang, and now nct dream is like the 3rd best charting bg this year

• But it isn't logical to use BB as an example that others YGE bgs should follow and not use it in the others companies groups and their respective best acts ..

I think the bgs are doing great, sure digital are amazingly good if they had, but I'm not gonna call them names bc of this.

• But it isn't logical to use BB as an example that others YGE bgs should follow and not use it in the others companies groups and their respective best acts ..

I think the bgs are doing great, sure digital are amazingly good if they had, but I'm not gonna call them names bc of this.

Even if we take bigbang out of it, ikon and winner had big debuts and national hits

all the songs treasure have released so far fall short in comparison, but I agree they need some time to grow, maybe they could surprise us

• Even if we take bigbang out of it, ikon and winner had big debuts and national hits

all the songs treasure have released so far fall short in comparison, but I agree they need some time to grow, maybe they could surprise us

TVXQ, SHINee, EXO and 2pm had national hits too.

Treasure is doing ok. Their physicals sales per album are better than others YGE bgs and they aren't one year old yet.

I have faith in them and with the right song i think they could do at least ok on charts.

• TVXQ, SHINee, EXO and 2pm had national hits too.

Treasure is doing ok. Their physicals sales per album are better than others YGE bgs and they aren't one year old yet.

I have faith in them and with the right song i think they could do at least ok on charts.

they did and then got7 and day6 never really followed 2pm/2am path, so now ppl don't say jype is falling because of skz digital charting, they are used to it

sm bgs don't really have hits ever since love shot and the way nct is charting now isn't as different from the latest shinee/suju/exo releases so they don't get dragged as much

• they did and then got7 and day6 never really followed 2pm/2am path, so now ppl don't say jype is falling because of skz digital charting, they are used to it

sm bgs don't really have hits ever since love shot and the way nct is charting now isn't as different from the latest shinee/suju/exo releases so they don't get dragged as much

And this is my point. Trying to use such criteria to call YGE bgs flop is just illogical...

• All yg bgs r flopping on charts so why u expect treasure to do well? This ain't 2010s yg anymore. Bgs in general have no public recognition.

Treasure sales r fine. They should have gradual increases. Also let's not act like all top bgs started out smashing. I feel enhypen's mega sales make treasures sales not that great as both debuted from big companies last year. They are selling way better than any of the 3rd gen yg bgs.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• Let treasure breathe...

It hasn't been a year yet. It's unfair to have such high expectations for digitals since most if not all boy groups are currently underpeforming compared to GG... sans BTS and BB(when active).

• Reading some of the comments it’s obvious that many don’t really know what they are talking about….

Anyway leave Treasure alone, almost all BG’s are underperforming on the charts, no need to focus solely on them.

Also I don’t know why some are acting as if JYP is doing so much more better than YG…. They are not lol

• But if you know nothing about them how are you calling them flops?? What are Treasure sales, please? Just so i will know if you are taking with facts or not ..

I didn't call them flops though? I said I have no idea about them due to the lack of fan engagement. People don't bring them up anymore. I only remembered about them a little while ago when I came across a dance in public of "Boy" on YouTube. You are more than welcome to elaborate on them if you wish, this is, after all, why I made this thread to ask.

• I didn't call them flops though? I said I have no idea about them due to the lack of fan engagement. People don't bring them up anymore. I only remembered about them a little while ago when I came across a dance in public of "Boy" on YouTube. You are more than welcome to elaborate on them if you wish,

You said YGE bgs were over, but now you are saying you are asking??

You don't know about their physicals, don't know about their digitals, know nothing about them neither how good they are doing digitally in Japan for example. You know nothing, but you are saying they are over, so tell me, what was the intention of this thread when you don't have receipts for such claims??

It's ok, you don't need to know about Treasure through their fandom and when you can easily google about them.

• Just wait. They're not even a year old yet.

They achieved 1M album sales in just 5 months. They are the first 4th gen group to to that. Some rookie groups would wish they can sell like Treasure. They sell out anything they endorse. It's because they have impact and demand.

The most notable thing I last heard I think is that they are decently popular in Japan? But with the way no one seems to hype them up anymore, as if all their fans have scram, I have no clue what their state is honestly.

You sure about this? "No one seems to hype them up"?? They have surpassed 3rd/4th gen groups in Line Music #1 with 144 hrs. What do you mean by that? They are doing great in Japan honestly.

Pls be nice too :rolleyes: Don't be too closed-minded on YG groups

• I don't even stan Treasure anymore but I still need to say this. First their physical sales is very good for a rookie group, they also sells out their merchs quickly based on the reports I've seen.

Second the double standard people have for them is just strange, other new groups don't do well on charts too but people would just say "they're rookies they will grow" or "boy groups don't chart well anyway" meanwhile for Treasure they're already done and finished since they couldn't hit it big in their debut era?

Don't even try to compare them to YG's past groups when one look at Treasure and you could see how different they are from other YG groups, from their concept to members, music style... They also debuted at the time that YG was at the lowest reputation, any comparison with YG past groups is just silly.

Last their debut era ended in Jan 2021 and they haven't had a cb since then so of course there's no much hype or talk about them outside the fandom.

• Just wait. They're not even a year old yet.

They achieved 1M album sales in just 5 months. They are the first 4th gen group to to that. Some rookie groups would wish they can sell like Treasure. They sell out anything they endorse. It's because they have impact and demand.

You sure about this? "No one seems to hype them up"?? They have surpassed 3rd/4th gen groups in Line Music #1 with 144 hrs. What do you mean by that? They are doing great in Japan honestly.

Pls be nice too :rolleyes: Don't be too closed-minded on YG groups

Ok.

• This thread contains 162 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!