[enter-talk] THE REAL REASON WHY ROOKIE MALE IDOLS LACK RECOGNITION NOWADAYS

• [enter-talk] THE REAL REASON WHY ROOKIE MALE IDOLS LACK RECOGNITION NOWADAYS

Posted on April 01, 2021

download.gif

I seriously just sigh every time I watch music shows nowadays

1. The music style are all punched out from the factory. "*doom chik* *doom chik*... (tension build up) Fire!!! Wak! Wak! Let's lit the night up yeah~ (machine sound terror)"
    2. They can't write a single lyrics without those "tonight"/"baby" English words
    3. They don't have the visuals nor the skills, yet so many of those kids try to act like the 2nd V, Kai, Jungkook, GD
    4. Their bodies are so frail I feel like I need to protect them. Meanwhile their lyrics go "I'll carry you" while their bodies look like they can't even "carry" a water bottle
    5. For the styling, it looks like they rather die than to give up on those white shirts worn by EXO in LMR and BTS in BST. The overall concepts look like VIXX without the good physique
    6. They don't look like idols who want to be there because they like singing and dancing, but rather, they want to pick up girls in Gangnam clubs
    7. They all look the same
    8. They think that as long as they dye their hair a crazy color, they become GD
    9. Whether it's the music, the lyrics or the dance, it doesn't look "manly" rather they seem too "aggressive" like they want to assault women or something
    10. It feels like all the groups we're having are rip offs of already famous groups. They all claim to be "X's look-alike". But the problem is that they're not even as charming as the popular counterpart and they just look ambiguous
    11. Their teamwork and team atmosphere don't look good even on stage
    12. Girls like innocent guys too, but they always go for the cringe + pretending to be frighteningly fatale + sexy concept
    13. Girls hate guys who try so hard to be heart fluttering and then ask "Did your heart flutter?" They force their heart fluttering moments
    14. Eve their names are f*cking hard to remember and they're so weird. Looks like the trend is calling groups like AI or some kind of virus
    15. To be honest, I even feel like my class has better looking guys than idols nowadays. These idols just look like your group of iljin covering dances
    16. They think it's sexy to be revealing

Anyways, most of those kids have no presence themselves and I have no idea how they were picked. Their dancing, singing, voice color, visual, body and even their character also don't look the best. Besides, their songs are bad, their dance are all inspired by BTS Fire and they try to dance as strongly as possible and it's no fun. They all look like people who want to become idols just to earn like BTS and EXO, have fame and girls.

1. Don't copy other idols, just be yourself
    2. Don't pick silver spoons
    3. Don't only pick for visuals, but someone who looks luxurious
    4. Select someone with a good personality to start with. Otherwise it shows on stage
    5. Take into consideration women's opinion
    6. Don't think that you can remove your clothes just because your body looks a bit nicer
    7. Due to Covid, we need some bright and addictive songs instead (stop with those machines)
    8. Stop putting numbers in your names
    9. Stop putting kids that all look the same
    10. Stop dancing so hard without control, and chill out when you dance
    11. Pick idols who actually love singing and dancing
    12. Pick idols with a nice voice color
    13. Don't add rap in songs when it's not necessary
    13. You need to distinguish between being cute and being cringe
    14. Stop using "tonight"
    15. Stop talking about 'obvious girls' and love in your songs

I know it's easier said than done, but if you follow these conditions, you'll stand out

post response:
    [+534][-65]
    original post: here

1. [+242, -2]
    These kids are all in an ambiguous situation right now. It makes me worried about how they'll feed themselves once their groups disband. Idols in the past can easily become actors or join a variety shows, but they have no more opportunities like these now

2. [+195, -1]
    These are all trueㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but it's hilarious ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+175, -2]
    No but f*ck this was way too specific

4. [+155, -0]
    It feels like they lowered the standard for debuting. Especially regarding visuals

5. [+129, -0]
    I hate those over the top makeup. Can they stop making their eyes look so red?

6. [+101, -2]
    And I feel like people are less into fangirling than before too?? I feel like I have no ideas who these kids with less recognition are
    > That's so true..... back in the day, even if you weren't A-tier or B-tier idols, I still had an idea who they were. But now, if you're not A-tier or B-tier, nobody knows who you are

• That was brutal I feel hurt and I don’t stan any.

Don't only pick for visuals, but someone who looks luxurious.

What does this even mean :pepewhat:

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• Official Post

This is giving boomer energy nnn

stan TXT for all of this:clap3:

• Just as the US music industry has moved toward a more honest, raw, intimate vibe, I feel that a lof people are looking for honesty and truth from kpop.

Which.

You know.

Is a bit antithetic I guess.

That's really the only objective reason, because 4th Gen isn't less talented than 3rd Gen. I'd say that a lof of 4th Gen debuts are actually better - quality-wise - than most of debuts from previous Gens.

• There are different types of new male idol and some are the total opposite of what they complained in the comments, yet they lack in support and recognition. They just want a excuse to hate on idols they never had the intention to know better and following to being with.

Talking specifically about San, a lot of professional dancers' analysis and music contributors in K-Industry praises his talent, expressions and stage presence. On Immortal Songs, for example, he received a lot of compliments for himself. So he doesn't need to change at all. He's doing amazing.

• There are different types of new male idol and some are the total opposite of what they complained in the comments, yet they lack in support and recognition. They just want a excuse to hate on idols they never had the intention to know better and following to being with.

^^^ :yesr:

• this comment made me spill my tea!

1. The music style are all punched out from the factory. "*doom chik* *doom chik*... (tension build up) Fire!!! Wak! Wak! Let's lit the night up yeah~ (machine sound terror)"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It made me laugh that even Knetz think "tonight" is overdone in songs.

She seems more than a bit biased though, sounds like she just wants to see "innocent" concept male idols singing chirpy cute songs.

• Not gonna lie, I watched Kingdom, The Boyz,SK and Ateez all use the same gimmicks.From the outfits,The flips, the scene is either fire,water ou wind effect etc... And it’s the main problem of these 4th generations bg, They always focus on the choreography,trying to do things like they are in some circus. They need to find some balance and all sing live.

It’s sad bc they seems to be talented and I don’t have nothing against them but they need to show some diversity in the way they performs.

• 4. Their bodies are so frail I feel like I need to protect them. Meanwhile their lyrics go "I'll carry you" while their bodies look like they can't even "carry" a water bottle

What a dumb comment.... men don't need to be ripped to be hot. I'm so tired.

• Talking about the music is one thing but body shaming them? Too revealing and try hard sexy instead of innocent? Iljin and sexual predator comparisons?

These two comments in particular

5. Take into consideration women's opinion
    6. Don't think that you can remove your clothes just because your body looks a bit nicer

Change "women" into "men" and make this about female idols and they would be called misogynists

This person seems upset that they don't cater specifically to their personal taste

And how does one look "luxurious"? Most rookies can't afford to wear luxury brands

I am not a fan of any of them but at least I won't cut them down like this and generalise

TXT, CIX and Treasure exist

• I mean we have Treasure who has good group dynamics, charming personality, great vocals, visuals, and some songs which arent 'agressive' but continue sleeping on them i guess :groovins:

• Their bodies are so frail I feel like I need to protect them. Meanwhile their lyrics go "I'll carry you" while their bodies look like they can't even "carry" a water bottle

I'm not for skinny shaming but these idols diets should be relaxed a bit. I'm not saying there should be a muscle popping at every inch of their skin but I sorta agree with this. Its difficult to carry out tough dance routines and hectic schedules with such strict diets. Their body shouldn't be pushed like that especially younger idols still in their teens.

Desbundar

• This thread contains 24 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!