So should we update the top 5 4gen GG or is it the same ranking?

• 1. BP wannabe

2. payola Group / p*do ceo

3. produce48 girl and friends

4. 1 bully member evicted

5. "nation's embarrassment" clue : Coachella

:pepe-use-head:

- THE PAYOLA COMPANY-

* EBYH *

Mickey Mouse - Wikipedia                

• Ive have the most number #1s on kcharts out of the list (perhaps tied with g idle idk how many they have), the 3rd biggest international peak after Lsf and NJ (9 on bb and 23 on Spotify global), the most successful world tour, and the biggest album sales for gg this year (and last year too actually).

Y'all just don't know how to make rankings when you let recency bias cloud your judgement. It's as silly as saying that NJ dethroned BP because they had a better year in 2023.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Edited once, last by catzi ().

• 1. Empty space

2. Empty space

3. Empty space

4. Empty space

5. Empty

6. Cooka da soup

7. 2 IOI girls and their side kicks

8. 2 IOI girls and their side kicks (missing vocals ver)

9. Aespawned to make people forget about f(x) and red Velvet's floppage

10. Payolajeans plagarjeans bullyjeans fraudjeans nugujeans

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• 5th

Aespa have surpassed 12M monthly listener recently

And Gidle peaked higher than 12M too

Hold on I also forgot about 50/50 who cleared everyone too in that aspect

Fixed it

Ive have the most number #1s on kcharts out of the list (perhaps tied with g idle idk how many they have), the 3rd biggest international peak after Lsf and NJ (9 on bb and 23 on Spotify global), the most successful world tour, and the biggest album sales for gg this year (and last year too actually).

Y'all just don't know how to make rankings when you let recency bias cloud your judgement. It's as silly as saying that NJ dethroned BP because they had a better year in 2023.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• currently and considering everyhting:

1. New Jeans

Their grip in Korea is so strong like strong STRONG eventhough hybeola got significant decrease but they still charting Internationally

2. aespa

While Spotify streaming have significant increase but SM still not giving the push so lets see the next title what happens.

3. IVE

very good albums sales very good korean charting however 4 consecutives times not charting in Spotify Global

4. Gidle

Good album sales, got PAK with bside however same issues can't enter Spotify Global 5 releases in a row.

5. Lesserafim

I'm afraid their image is beyond recovery after Coachella and MHJ Gate

6. Payolit

no need to explain further, they probably increase ranks in the next cb

• How come (G)-Idle isn't in top 1 in both os these ranks? They are the best sellers this year so far, they reached PAK and has been doing so consistently for the last 2 years now. (G)-Idle has a huge fanbase, they don't rely solely on GP's attention. Dispite their controversies, the groups always manages to come back stronger and right back to the top.

• It's still easily NewJeans and then everyone else. And it's like not even close.

I like how you salty 3rd gen stans get all pressed when you think I'm dismissing BP or Twice's body of work, but then you go and do the exact same thing to NewJeans.

Their cumulative numbers are MAGNITUDES higher than their peers'. Literally. They're fresh off a year sweeping daesangs in historic fashion. Nobody is on their level

Now I'll be forwarding all hate speech to Queen Heejin :pepe-notes:

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• How come (G)-Idle isn't in top 1 in both os these ranks? They are the best sellers this year so far, they reached PAK and has been doing so consistently for the last 2 years now. (G)-Idle has a huge fanbase, they don't rely solely on GP's attention. Dispite their controversies, the groups always manages to come back stronger and right back to the top.

so

G-idle

Aespa

NJ

IVE

LSF ?

• 1. (G)I-DLE

2. ??

3. ??

4. ??

5. ??

I could easily see NewJeans bouncing back up to #1 whenever that new song comes out, but I feel like you have to give (G)I-DLE their credit (at least right now). They have the best selling album of any gg this year and Fate is on pace to finish at #1 on the yearly chart for Melon and Circle atm.

LSF is so hated on in SK right now and their songs are dropping down the charts so it's hard for me to see them bouncing back, but I've been completely wrong about this sort of thing plenty of times, and who else could even take their spot even if they do fall off. Not to mention they still have a bunch of MLs on Spotify so clearly ifans still like them and I'm sure BSH will throw everything behind them for the next comeback.

IVE maybe their next song has better timing and they have a huge hit again, and who knows maybe aespa goes another 3 years without a song of this magnitude again like before with Next Level. I can't believe how up in the air everything is right now.

• Okay, this is the game we're going to play? Understood.

Having any group but NJ at #1 is peak clown behavior :clown:

I'm about to get a lot more insufferable (it's possible). We can thank toxic Blinks again.

How many albums g idle sold with their latest cb?

JCsIq3Q.gif

• In Korea?

1.NewJeans

the fact that they charted so high with two mid releases shows they're good. They're the only group after bts that can easily land in top 20 on FRIDAY release and don't fall off like bts after. It's not noticed enough for me.

2.Aespa

They are charting so good in Korea and internationally despite sm not caring and pushing them like they push their mid boy groups. Also the only 4th gen group that's releasing 3 quality songs plus bsides(my world bsides, drama, supernova and armaggedon) in a row while not catering to public friendly safe songs audience to chart good and still did amazing.

3.IVE

They were proclaimed digital monsters by their fans but friday releases showed they're not that strong in Korea. Their fans used to brag about their numbers how they do better than nj and aespa but their last two results were surprising considering their previous numbers. No, I'm not calling them flops. They couldn't enter top 100 with off the record and top 50 with baddie(super shy landed top 20) on a friday release and needed the final title track and days to finally enter top 10, and needed empty house to get #1 for baddie. If it was any other group we wouldn't hear the end of it. Then heya having super catchy chorus and still not being able to get #1 or trophies sealed it.

4. GIDLE

They still need public acceptance aka catchy songs and relatable lyrics like fate to chart high. They can't just rely on their names like nj and release mid songs.

5. LSF

Never considered them one of top 3 or 4. Their songs are mid and overrated. They are lucky they're from hybe bc that's the only reason they chart top 10. They will never be the top group. They will still be mentioned bc of hybe and Chaewon and Sakura.

• Why even try. Go look at the AKP Top 5 GG list over the last few years. It constantly changes. There is also no agreed upon metric used to determine who the top gg's are. Everyone has a different opinion on what metric is most important - album sales, concert sales, melon vs spotify/YT, etc. (often depends on where their favs fall within each metric).

• You all change your rankings after every top gg comeback :meme-u-ok:

Why even rank atp when the gg market is so competitive and no one has clear dominance atleast in Korea the way SNSD, Twice and BP had at their respective times.

• On a serious note, people should stop trolling and be for real. I made a thread specifically to shine a spotlight on how impressive GIDLE have been this year, but let's not be prisoners of the moment.

The gap between them and NewJeans internationally is massive. NewJeans is in a race with BP to be the first group to hit 1 billion streams on Spotify this year. GIDLE isn't even in the competition.

As an aside, I like how Spotify is all that matters (based on the last two NJ hate threads) until it doesn't.

But even just looking at Korea, why are we pretending like this forum wasn't calling GIDLE flops after Superlady and Wife dropped? I had to actively defend them from the flop label being applied to two songs that were still at least top 20. And Fate, while impressive, had to rise from the grave to do get #1.

NewJeans has the highest MelOn debut of any girl group this year, with a FRIDAY release mind you, is the fastest to every cumulative UL benchmark this year of any girl group, and is the only artist period with two songs over 300k ULs, and those two songs are #2 and #3 on every chart. If not for Supernova going super viral, we all know they'd be #1 and #2 as usual. And to cap this, they're performing at the Tokyo Dome this month after selling out 110,000 seats with the presale alone; it never even hit general sale.

They are clearly still the #1 group by far. Look at how many of their songs are STILL top 50.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

No group is anywhere near this strong on the charts. No artist even.

It takes more than one comeback to chase down a group that had a nearly 1.5 billion point gap between their Circle Digital Index score and the next closest group (IVE).

#1 won't be changing any time soon.

Now 2-5 is where things get interesting. I'll make a thread.

Why even rank atp when the gg market is so competitive and no one has clear dominance atleast in Korea the way SNSD, Twice and BP had at their respective times.

Because that's cap. NewJeans have dominated their peers MORE than any of their predecessors did. The gap between them and the field from debut till now is immense.

Twice was never that far ahead of their peers. They were in a fierce battle with GFriend in 2016 and then BlackPink and Red Velvet arguably had the biggest songs in 2017. BlackPink took about 3 or 4 years before they became the undisputed top group, but in Korea, by 2022, the next generation had completely eclipsed them, while NewJeans chased down many of their records in the West.

You people are just saying words with no facts to support them at this point.

• :meme-nobody-cares:

Twice reign :orange-heart: . Nine #1 songs back to back and causing political foes to shy shy shy every election.

Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

• Some of y’all are just glorifying Gidle atp without an ounce of objectivity. Even Gidle themselves wouldn’t admit they’re anywhere near the top 3

Top 3 have always been between NJ, aespa and Ive, always. But I would say g idle is the dark horse because although they have more lows than top3, they're steady since debut, they won't lose relevancy because gp got sick of them and they won't lose their fandom for other gg or company either (I think this is something achieved with time, because after them aespa is the closest example of it). All of these ggs are safe regardless of their results but g idle is the safest. I think they are the closest equivalent to a female counterpart of BigBang (I don't mean it as an insult btw lol) mostly thanks to Soyeon, because just like Gdragon she have a clear vision about her group which is something rare in kpop, and the other members do a good job to stand out on their own. Having a clear vision about the group you lead is very important, it's why MHJ did so well with NJ, she knew exactly what she wanted, and Lsf not that much (their sales and popularity depended more on members and company stans than anything else). It is also why Ive started showing less impressive results ever since they changed a strategy that was working for them (although as a dive I think fans loved it and reflected on their sales, but gp didn't) and why JYP ggs stopped getting attention. Lack of vision.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Hmm a bunch of old songs and the current songs can only get to #2 (with the gap growing between them and aespa every day). If I remember correctly if you're not #1 you're just a legacy act.

• Hmm a bunch of old songs and the current songs can only get to #2 (with the gap growing between them and aespa every day). If I remember correctly if you're not #1 you're just a legacy act.

Pointing out how a two year old song is still a top 20 song isn't the shade you think it is. If you don't think a group maintaining all their title tracks in the top 50, after two years, is impressive, then you shouldn't be weighing in on this discussion honestly.

And you are quick to try to troll me with Supernova, but why aren't you talking about Armageddon? There is a reason NewJeans is the #1 artist on MelOn even with SN at #1

External Content x.com

Nobody here is even trying to be objective.

• This thread contains 154 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!