Who’s the biggest IT-GIRL : Yoona vs Suzy vs Jennie vs Wonyoung vs Hwasa

• Main It-Girl ? 89

1. Yoona (14) 16%
    2. Suzy (32) 36%
    3. Jennie (33) 37%
    4. Wonyoung (7) 8%
    5. Hwasa (3) 3%
    • Yoona and Suzy are very popular for their visual, hit drama, and also cf queens. Music wise both of their solo debut flop.
    • Jennie is the trendsetter and a cf queens, used to br variety show queen and a digital monster with 1 national hits + 1 succesful comeback.
    • Its too early to tell about Wonyoung but she’s the centre, and cf queens. She’s already surprassing the other IT-GIRL like Irene and Hyeri in such a short time.
    • Hwasa is our variety show queen, multiple iconic moment and digital monster with multiple hit song.

in your opinion, who is the biggest it-girl ?

• girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “Whos the biggest IT-GIRL : Yoona vs Suzy vs Jennie vs Wonyoung” to “Who’s the biggest IT-GIRL : Yoona vs Suzy vs Jennie vs Wonyoung”.
  • girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “Who’s the biggest IT-GIRL : Yoona vs Suzy vs Jennie vs Wonyoung” to “Who’s the biggest IT-GIRL : Yoona vs Suzy vs Jennie vs Wonyoung vs Hwasa”.
  • Actresses >>>>>>>>> idols.

Yoona currently, due to more successful movie and drama roles.

However imo Suzy will surpass her. Suzy's acting has improved a lot over the last couple of years.

• Jennie cause she also have international fans

But in korea i'll say Yoona, media literally created the title of kpop center for her

And the title of national ideal type because of all the men liking her and the girl praising yoona beauty

+ Getting book since debut till this days she have been busy with successfull drama in korea and in china

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Btw I think some ppl have no idea the international impact Wonyoung have. There's literally a term called wonyoungism that teenage girls follow because they want to be like Wonyoung

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• If we are talking about personal preference, it is Hwasa for me. I value stage/performance aptitude the most and she is the most proficient at it imo.

Now if we are being objective, Suzy is the biggest because her longivity is impressive.

Edited once, last by h28 ().

• jennie by far. Im taking into consideration her CF deals + international fame + her solo success (including a surprise unpromoted track). Also, i remember she has the most weeks at #1 on idol index ranking + she never leave top 10

• "I don't care, you are you, I am me" - Jang Wonyoung

She said this sentence one time. Based on it, her stans online created a whole new aesthetic and lifestyle to live by. No other idol has reached this level of popularity. Wonyoung is the only true it girl.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• Peak among those: suzy

Current among those: wonyoung

But then, this list is missing IU, Kim yuna etc, who has everyone beaten in basically any relevant metric, past and current

IT girl is also a south korean thing. No single korean celebrity is big enough to be considered an "it" girl in any country outside of it, so im not sure why global stuff is mentioned within this context..

• Well, it’s hard to compare idols of different generations since the standards are so different. Yoona and Suzy thrived at a time where kpop wasn’t mainstream. The only reason companies kept debuting girl groups was because of the success of Girls Generation. That’s why I voted Yoona, she got her accomplishments at a time where kpop girl groups were often flops.

You could make many of these arguments about Suzy who went on to be a successful actress too.

Jennie has more worldwide success though and is a fashion icon.

Wonyoung is definitely the fourth gen it girl and it doesn’t even come close, she’s started many tiktok trends and she popularized this “ai visual” that I see a lot of fourth gen companies trying to recreate.

Idk why Hwasa is here, she hasn’t really started any mainstream trends like the other ones. :teeheek:

• This Hwasa shade when she was the highest ranking female idol on the 2023 Gallup survey :pepe-notes:;judgingpepe:

I'm not going to achievement spam in a necro'd thread but the disrespect for Queen Hwasa has always been over the top

• As the Nation's First Love, Suzy stands apart for reaching the highest accolade an "IT Girl" can achieve because it's an immortal title with only a handful of Korean Females been given it over decades it's been used.

Of course, Nation's Titles are granted to wholesome characters rather than to the personalities of the recipients, so Nation's First Love is based on a Character they acted as.

She's the only Korean Female with a Madam Tussaud's Wax Model

• Suzy at peak > Yoona at peak > Jennie >> Wonyoung | Hwasa

Wonyoung or Hwasa at their peaks were no where near Jennie. imo they were potential IT girls, but have stagnated/faded in terms of hype.

Karina has more instagram followers than Wonyoung now, and better CFs, so she is really the next potential IT girl, and everyone is talking about her now because of her boyfriend.

• Yoona and Suzy are very popular for their visual, hit drama, and also cf queens. Music wise both of their solo debut flop.
    • Jennie is the trendsetter and a cf queens, used to br variety show queen and a digital monster with 1 national hits + 1 succesful comeback.
    • Its too early to tell about Wonyoung but she’s the centre, and cf queens. She’s already surprassing the other IT-GIRL like Irene and Hyeri in such a short time.
    • Hwasa is our variety show queen, multiple iconic moment and digital monster with multiple hit song.

in your opinion, who is the biggest it-girl ?

Before you start reading my comment, I WILL WARN YOU! You're not going to like my opinion, probably because I'm not biased! It's not about the girls, I don't hate any of them or their groups, I only hate this stupid title! So...

Clear and simple, YonnA is the Main It Girl. I love Suzy, but she was never a big deal like YoonA. Music wise both flops if we only look at the stats, but they're more like actresses, not singers anyway, and they're successful. Also, why are you talking about Suzy's longevity, like YonnA isn't here anymore? She's in this industry for 17 YEARS, for God’s sake! Suzy only debuted in 2010. She's the second longest It Girl, but it's disrespectful to YoonA to talk like that.

Jennie was anything, but variety show Queen. I mean, come on, they hardly do anything on TV as a group. She only started her solo career now as a variety guest. She's not a digital monster at all. You can't give a title like that to someone with two songs. That's disrespectful to REAL Digital Monsters, like IU or Taeyeon.

I don't think I've ever heard people talking about Wonyoung other than IVE fans. Maybe I live under a rock or something, but I don't get why is she even considered for the It Girl title.

Hwasa's stats speaks for itself, I don't have to say anything. Especially, because people here already think I'm biased. Let's just say one thing, in January she won "The Icon of the Year" Award. So, technically she's the Main It Girl now, after YoonA.

Girls from the 4th and 5th gen are not even worth mention, because it's too early for that.

• Okay, I read the comments, and I had enough of the Hwasa trashing. Speak volumes why people say most Kpop fans are clueless, and they live in their own fandom bubble. So let's start, if Yama won't do it, I will. Just the main stats from her and why she should be the #1 on everyone's list.

1. Like I said already. She won "The Icon of the Year" award at Circle Chart Music Awards in January, so she's still relevant.

2. She's the ONLY female Idol of her generation who had her OWN variety show on national TV: "Hwasa Show", and she has the most appearance on "I live alone" of all-time as an Idol, and she's the only Kpop Idol who became a MAIN host on the show as well.

3. She has the most variety show appearances from the 3rd gen.

4. She's the only 3rd gen Idol who still has a huge influence on everyone, regardless of age, gender or social class.

5. She's the only Idol ever who never promoted a restaurant, yet it became a global franchise because of her, and everything she ate is sold out.

6. One of her most important influence on Kpop and on the Korean nation, is that she changed their outdated beauty standards. That's why we can see more "AVERAGE" looking Idols now.

7. She's a real trendsetter! People hated her for wearing revealing clothes on and off-stage, now it's all a trend.

8. She's considered as one of the best musician, and performer in Kpop by industry people!

9. She has the most successful solo career in the 3rd gen.

10. In 2020, she became the FIRST and The Only Idol Of Her Generation To Achieve Real-time All-Kills For Solo, Collab, Project & Group Songs. And she still holds that record!

11. She has the official "Queen Hwasa" title, she got it from the Industry, not fans!

12. She's the only Kpop Idol of her generation who was a member of Lee Hyori's own "girl group" on "Dancing Queens on the Road" show, alongside with Legends like: Kim Wan Sun, Uhm Jung Hwa, BoA and Hyori, of course!

And I could go on all day, but I will stop here. So, please, do some research before you talk, and don't disrespect her, just because you don't know anything about her, or you don't like her. Your faves can be thankful for her for a LOT of things, and THEY ARE thankful. Just watch some interviews with them when they're talking about Hwasa.

I just leave this video here, too.

• Jennie because she also has global reach. Nuff said :cursing: :cursing:

I'm sorry, what global reach are you talking about exactly? Honest question, btw. I hope it's not about her Spotify numbers, because we see those stats every day on the main site. 🤣 If I'm being honest, Lisa is much bigger worldwide than Jennie.

And we don't know how big an Idol is worldwide till they do a SOLO concert. Streaming, charting or album sales are not really important. Not to mention brand deals. The ONLY real way we can measure a "global reach" is when they do a concert. I mean, just look at IU. Everyone said, she's only big in Korea, and now she's selling out everywhere.

• I'm sorry, what global reach are you talking about exactly? Honest question, btw. I hope it's not about her Spotify numbers, because we see those stats every day on the main site. 🤣 If I'm being honest, Lisa is much bigger worldwide than Jennie.

And we don't know how big an Idol is worldwide till they do a SOLO concert. Streaming, charting or album sales are not really important. Not to mention brand deals. The ONLY real way we can measure a "global reach" is when they do a concert. I mean, just look at IU. Everyone said, she's only big in Korea, and now she's selling out everywhere.

Have you seen her social media engagements? 2nd to Lisa :cursing:

Most of the items/endorsements she gets her hands on sells out. Even the luxurios ones. :cursing:

Out of all the ones mentioned by OP, who you think is the most popular/recognizable internationally? Definitely not hwasa. Try again :cursing:

Jennie cannot even start a tour because of small discog, useless to compare her to IU. And you're stupid if you think Jennie cannot pull off a tour especially if IU can do it :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• So you can compare her with IU, but I can't? She needs YEARS to even start thinking about her first World Tour. Hwasa will have her first in 2024, probably. Did you even read my comment about her? You can only mention meaningless Spotify or Insta follower numbers? Come on now, man. Half of their followers on Insta are fake accounts. She's only famous, because of her group, but Hwasa is not, because Mamamoo was never mainstream. It's not like Jennie is the only Idol who has luxury deals. Again, read my second comment, where I mentioned some important stats about Hwasa, and watch the video, too. Jennie is a big name worldwide, nobody denying that, but everything she did outside of Asia was a flop stat wise. Except her collab with The Weeknd. "HER" show, The Idol, was a huge flop. "HER" new variety in Korea is a flop too. It's not her fault, but still. While Hwasa made everything more successful where she appeared. Like it or not, that's the truth. I mean, if the fact that Hwasa won the Icon of the year award and not Jennie doesn't speak volume, I don't know what is.

I mean, even her Spotify stats are not better than Hwasa's.

1.jpg2.jpg

• So you can compare her with IU, but I can't? She needs YEARS to even start thinking about her first World Tour. Hwasa will have her first in 2024, probably. Did you even read my comment about her? You can only mention meaningless Spotify or Insta follower numbers? Come on now, man. Half of their followers on Insta are fake accounts. She's only famous, because of her group, but Hwasa is not, because Mamamoo was never mainstream. It's not like Jennie is the only Idol who has luxury deals. Again, read my second comment, where I mentioned some important stats about Hwasa, and watch the video, too. Jennie is a big name worldwide, nobody denying that, but everything she did outside of Asia was a flop stat wise. Except her collab with The Weeknd. "HER" show, The Idol, was a huge flop. "HER" new variety in Korea is a flop too. It's not her fault, but still. While Hwasa made everything more successful where she appeared. Like it or not, that's the truth. I mean, if the fact that Hwasa won the Icon of the year award and not Jennie doesn't speak volume, I don't know what is.

I mean, even her Spotify stats are not better than Hwasa's.

1.jpg2.jpg

It will take her 3 years or more to even start thinking for a tour. W're talking about if she would release music every year :cursing:

Where's your receipt that half of her insta followers are fake accts. I'm waiting :cursing:

"Her spotify are not better than Hwasa's" then proceed to show a picture wherein Jennie is outstreaming her :cursing:

And btw, their head to head songs last year went into Jennie's favor. That's coming from an unpromoted song :cursing:

And ofc, as usual you make it about your faves. I knew it the moment you initally quoted my post. Bruh, idc about your faves. Whatever you say, that's your opinion. You don't have to make most of the thread be about your faves. :cursing: :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• Everyone on Insta and Twitter has a LOT of fake bot followers, paid or not it's still a thing. You can see their fake names. Even if we don't count those, they will have at least half of their followers, but the reason I said, it's not important because just like on Youtube, followers only count if all of them are actually FOLLOWS you. I mean, I follow a lot of accounts, but only care bout like 30. That's my point, really. If their followers are just random people who hit the button and never see their profile since, is it matter? No. Look at the numbers of LIKES and COMMENTS, that's what matter, but even some of those are from bots. She has more than 80M followers and her average LIKES per posts on Insta is like 5M.

Jennie didn't beat Hwasa on Spotify, she has two songs, Hwasa has 10 times more. That's the point. Her collab with Dua Lipa has more streams than Jennie's collab with The Weeknd. Look at the numbers again.

Do you think Hwasa has a better promotion team? Don't be ridiculous. Jennie is still on Melon Chart, I'll give her that, but that's all in the music department.

So, when I mention FACTS, I'm a biased fan, but when you try to defend Jennie is not the same thing? How's that work? 🤣 At least, I accepted Jennie's fame, but you couldn't do the same, or at least read my comment and watch the video. It's all there, I didn't lie. So, it's not an opinion, it's a fact, just like Jennie's fame.

You know I'm right, so now, you're attacking me again, like a little kid. Either make a good argument or just stop this nonsense. Never said Jennie is not an It Girl or not famous, I only said, Hwasa don't deserve the trashing she got in this topic.

• If that's the case, then we could say the same with all the big accounts too. And you're here stating "half" of her followers are bots like it was a fact. Delulu :cursing:

Physical was released 3 years ago. OOTG isn't a year old and the numbers are close. It is expected to be outstreamed. Since we're going by numbers, Jennie would have all the figures by her favor in all catrgories so you don't want to go there. You'll just make it all about talent if we go by numbers, I know you :cursing:

Uhmm when did I attack you??? :cursing:

Bruh like I said idc about your faves. I am here commenting about Jennie and you're here trying too hard to make it about hwasa. I didn't even comment about hwasa on my original post. Go to the people who actually shading hwasa here :cursing:

• Jennie is the biggest name. None of them can match her on the international level.

Suzy tho at her peak was bigger than Jennie in Korea? That's what I hear from stans.

Yoona below those two? Tho right now I feel yoona is more successful and gets more limelight than Suzy.

Now bottom two. Between hwasa and wonyoung right now it's wonyoung by a huge margin. Hwasa peaked in 2020 and after that she flopped completely. Wonyoung I'd say still has potential to reach newer peaks with more solo work. She is viral queen!

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Her collab with Dua Lipa has more streams than Jennie's collab with The Weeknd. Look at the numbers again.

On Spotify ??????

One of the girls - 600M

Physical (ft hwasa) - 22M (according to kworb) ? 💀

Why u set up hwasa against Jennie like this 😂

Go and look at you&me numbers both in korea and outside vs i love my body.

Do solo vs maria korea and internationally. Again Jennie destructs hwasa.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!