Le sserafim and NewJeans are everything StarShip EXACTLY wanted IVE to be...

• Le sserafim and NewJeans both had smash hit debuts and NewJeans especially are taking over kpop in korea and internationally. Ditto is now the idol song with the most PAKS in history. OMG and Ditto are also rising on the Billboard HOT100 and for a 6 month old rookie that's quite insane. Their whole marketing approach, refreshing concept, music is very well put together and I honestly haven't seen idols this INTERESTING in a long time. Minji is also really popular on brand reputation and is called nation's first love. She was a special MC for music bank. All the girls are brand ambassadors for luxury brands. So many people who don't even know what KPOP is are randomly dancing to Hype boy, OMG and DITTO on tiktok and youtube streamers.

Le sserafim are doing great with sales, streams, charts and being known as the best gg performers in 4th gen. They are constantly raising the bar for themselves effortlessly despite the negative rumours and backlash surrounding them during their debut. They managed to come back strong with Antifragile being a hit powerful album. They are praised for their chemistry and bond, all members SHINE not just chaewon and sakura - Sakura has her own show, Yunjin's artistic ability is always promoted with her solo releases and opera singing, Kazuha is rising in popularity in korea, Eunchae is the new MC for music bank(previous one was Wonyoung). This is something IVE lacks. As we all know, it's more like Wonyoung ft Yujin & friends.

You gotta praise HYBE/SourceMusic/Ador/MinHeeJin(even though she runs her mouth a LOT) for their innovation and efforts with these 2 ggs.

I actually like love dive and after like (wasn't crazy about eleven tho), IVE has good music but that's all...... besides the music, they have nothing else really going on for them. They seem like 6 soloists and I can imagine them becoming another Miss A in the future.

I feel like Starship and Kakao are shocked right now seeing these 2 succeed after the negative smear campaign they tried set against them(and other ggs like gidle, aespa, itzy) to paint a good light for IVE.

• I feel like Starship and Kakao are shocked right now seeing these 2 succeed after the negative smear campaign they tried set against them(and other ggs like gidle, aespa, itzy) to paint a good light for IVE.

Starship and Kakao were doing quite well in the 1st half of last year with Ive, and the massive marketing dollars poured into marketing the group both traditional and via un-ethical means was effective. This was at the expense of other things such as idol development.

But NJ appeared and just blew them away. The top 3/hybe groups rarely compete at the same time, and when they do there is only one winner, and casual stans flock to the winner. So all that marketing dollars Kakoa spent, is flushed down the drain.

Note that Kakao partnered with Cube at the end of last year, who manage gidle. This isn't a coincidence, and is a sign they are cutting their losses. Now money that would have went into marketing Ive, will go to Cube to market gidle instead.

• Actually, I think Starship didn't expect IVE to be that big and win multiple daesang that other rookies didn't manage to win coming from a non big 4 company that they are.

They didn't expect them to be that big and didn't know how to properly handle all that success and fame

:flirt-pepe:

Also, here is Gaeul enjoying her solo gig at Chanel

;judgingpepe:

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Actually, I think Starship didn't expect IVE to be that big and win multiple daesang that other rookies didn't manage to win coming from a non big 4 company that they are.

They didn't expect them to be that big and didn't know how to properly handle all that success and fame

:flirt-pepe:

No they planned and expected it. How can an older song beat LYW in Melon when all ajummas are awake. Its not possible and Starship are famous for doing this in the past.

• No they expected it. How can an older song beat LYW in Melon when all ajummas are awake. Its not possible and Starship are famous for doing this in the past.

I don't understand your post famous for doing what?

Because if you are going to try and insinuate that Starship and their nugu ass in the early 2010s is manipulating the charts for Sistar you better bring some evidence

• as an NJ fan, those are bad takes.

IVE is doing extremely well.

They sell more than 2M albums in 2022.

Have two or three smash hits.

WY,Yujin has many CF

The K-pop market is getting bigger.

Currently, they are still one of the biggest GG in SK right now.

Unless their next cb flopp hard,I don't see why SS and Kakao are not happy with those result

• starship's management is horrible.no solid contents...didn't promoted.the members when they get deals ....they dont care if the girls get hate...they will trying get money every time ...when they re overworked...

Starship Never expect ive did well..look like at their 1,5 month promo for each title songs in each music show, the girls get rushed debut with eleven...ive didn't get break..cause they re only money of this company esp wonyoung and sometime yujin

Asleast All the members get solo schedules with big brands or magazins quickly this is hard for medium company done that

New Starshit ceo is sm producer...i guess sm employee re wild...People...

• You act kakao didn't only admit Facebook hate page....toward the idols...there re ive bad posts tho..you love bring delulu...the netizens love overreacting everything even knet know ive is organic success

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well I just realized something how does Ive seem like 6 soloists?

Also, people are dancing to OMG?

Also for this part about LE SSERAFIM does the random stuff like their chemistry and individual activities really matter if mostly just their fans pay attention to it.

• NewJeans current rise means I've is threatened as the #1 girl group, it doesn't mean they've been replaced. And while Antifragile is doing great, it's not overtaking any of Ive's hits so far. I say this as a Bunny Fearnot

I've ≥NewJeans>>>Le SSerafilm

BLACKPINKJESSICALE SSERAFIMNEWJEANSTHE ROSESEJEONGTWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv 9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv 9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I agree with you.

OP makes it sound like IVE are now total flops.

8zf-yB.gif   

• I like Gaeul :omgr:

• NewJeans current rise means I've is threatened as the #1 girl group, it doesn't mean they've been replaced. And while Antifragile is doing great, it's not overtaking any of Ive's hits so far. I say this as a Bunny Fearnot

I've ≥NewJeans>>>Le SSerafilm

Antifragile is bigger than Eleven but yes, not a national hit the way LD and Afterlike are.

As for OP, Ive is still the biggest digimon in Korea. They have the highest UL peaks with Afterlike and the most weeks in the top 10 with Love Dive.

But if their next comeback doesnt match Ditto in terms of UL peaks and longevity, then the rankings will have to change given how huge Ditto is and how big Hybe Boy has become, with Attendant also showing incredible longevity and OMG still with potential to pull a Hybe Boy.

New Jeans has potentially FOUR national hits while Ive has two. Ive MUST score a mega national hit with their next single, 500k UL peaks, #1 for at least a month on Melon, and at least 30 weeks in the top 10.

• This is something IVE lacks. As we all know, it's more like Wonyoung ft Yujin & friends.

I agree with this but it's something you could've made a different thread for or something cause your title comes off as downplaying their success. HYBE is a bigger company with more resources so naturally theyre going to have a better time promoting their groups. But SSE's way of promoting & managing IVE is going to be their downfall, they clearly have no idea what to do with all their success. And this is why these smaller companies don't end up being big3/4 level cause their overall company doesn't grow and they can never manage even their biggest acts properly. The way Eunchae is probably alot less popular than the likes of Rei and still gets regular solo gigs :skull:

With that being said IVE are doing fine and are probably the only act who can put an actual stop to the HYBE domination now that IU is retired. After Like pulled great physical numbers for a single album, Love Dive is alr top3 most streamed 4th gen songs on Spotify. They're not going anywhere whether you guys like it or not. Really tired of the random downplaying of their success just because other groups are doing well, as if more than one group cant thrive simultaneously

• setting this standard in ggs is what leads people to say things like they are flopping, they fall behind their newly debuted colleagues

af is obv the effect of Love dive and at much of hit as it is, so far it show love dive is ive biggest hit, people will also go along the idea that ive won daseang with ld but after like didnt give them that

its the trap all new ggs fall into, I feel the only one escaping that is lsfrm (so far) bc their raise is more moderated

:thinkerpepe:

• when ive makes a comeback again in a pack house. whichever month that is will be "insert month here" followed by bloodbath.

plus isnt it exciting? you got the njs ive and lsf fandom clashing. throw in some aespa,baemon fans and we got ourselves some fun times

Edited once, last by Rarami ().

• I think people who genuinely like NJ spread too much the idea they are artistically superior and started a revolution or something, would you not say all the other groups you mentioned also have highly professional marketing and design, styling, etc. teams that make them look pretty and interesting, and also have aspects that are different and innovative. The freakin music critics think Love Dive is innovative too just cause they put on some kneesocks and said Ooooo XD

• IVE has only released singles so far. Also OMG is only a single. Both IVE and NewJeans can reach over 2 million with EPs and LPs maybe reach over 3 million album sales. And that's already possible this year, although the groups are still fairly young.

Starship just can't rest on its laurels, it's time for an IVE comeback.

Also AESPA will surpass the 2 million sales with their next comeback.

• as a fan of IVE
    big NO!

the only thing Newjeans got for now is the recently bias hype

while Lesserafim is Japan success?
    is more on their popular Japanese member Sakura and a little help for Kazuha also 😅

also
    don't like the comeback song
    of two HYBE GG

the only thing I want in those group are the company stans or
    being associated w same company of BTS
    could help IVE or add more hype for them

still not needed I contented for the current IVE direction

Sistar as their sunbaenim is enough
    and more higher chances for IVE to follow that group concept

and those GG doesn't had the star factor
    of Annyeongz
    I can't remember

had this type of
    dynamic duo in KPOP history

• I didn't say it you said it although we all think it

;judgingpepe:

All the groups have some people saying their concept is fresh or their new song is a masterpiece, introduce their songs in flowery words, and reporters claim they are known as the "4th gen leader balance stage killer idol" ,or something actually no one has ever called them. Basically all the groups claim that their songs are highly sophisticated and are on the cutting edge of innovation, but everyone knows that of course they will say that about themselves. But only when the group is emphasizing their artistic uniqueness like Hybe groups (BTS, NewJeans, TXT, Enhypen) or Jaden Jeong's groups (Loona, OnlyOneOf, TripleS), then people actually believe they are better because they are different. Even though, for most groups it is just an image that the companies try to cultivate on purpose and fans try to play along with even when the song sucks.

Then NewJeans specifically. Well just cause it's artistic, it doesn't mean everyone will like it right. And even if a group only makes good songs, composed by a famous producer who has made tons of hits, that still doesn't mean everyone will like them, and everyone knows that. However because NewJeans has some songs which have achievements of popularity, it seems to me like people think that almost everyone from K-pop fans, to the general public likes their songs. It is true they are trendy and part of the culture now but it is not true everyone likes their songs, people have different opinions on all the different NewJeans songs, just like all the Twice songs

Edit: Or just like Ive's songs

• I mean 😋
    Recency bias is a type of cognitive bias
    where people make conclusions based on recent events

When Baemon debut and if they do well NJs is flopping IVE is disbanding aespa is in the grave

When IVE comeback and if they do well suddenly Baemon is dethroned NewJeans become OldJeans aespa is still doing GOT shit ITZY is retired

When LSFM comeback IVE is back to nugudom everything is kakao privilege, OldJeans is NoJeans, Baemon becomes ajummamon aespa is STILL STUCK IN KWANGYA and ITZY is forced to dance JYP's new song

And Nmixx is .... just Nmixx no one rmbs their existence

:boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe:

• I think people who genuinely like NJ spread too much the idea they are artistically superior and started a revolution or something, would you not say all the other groups you mentioned also have highly professional marketing and design, styling, etc. teams that make them look pretty and interesting, and also have aspects that are different and innovative. The freakin music critics think Love Dive is innovative too just cause they put on some kneesocks and said Ooooo XD

That's just army or can call it hybe stans

They think they are mozzart or some shit

• IVE has a hit single LD, and while AL may not have lived up to expectations, I believe they will return stronger this year. At the moment, I believe there is a lot of pressure on groups to outperform NewJeans.

• That's just army or can call it hybe stans

They think they are mozzart or some shit

I just wondered if I can't appreciate high art anymore and can only call it pretentious because I am jaded about the value of examining ideas :-(

Like when I read stuff about Hybe's universes, webtoons and stuff, I feel uncomfortable even though I don't follow it, because it seems they communicate in so many mediums and try to communicate too much in a form where most people won't understand it, and expect your investigation for no reward, except for the reward of understanding.

• This thread contains 43 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!