SM Need To Stop Pushing AESPA In The West When There's No Demand

• I keep seeing post about AESPA being the first 4th gen group to go to this festival and this fashion event and do interviews here and there. And I'm just like....why?

Like I'm sorry, but AESPA doing all these U.S promotions to get pushed in the west, because SM want their version of BLACKPINK success is not impressive to me..... AT ALL.

They doing all these irrelevant fashion show appearances and these random festivals and gatherings.

But the thing is, they don't have any U.S. DEMAND.

They have fans in the U.S, yes, but not DEMAND.

One thing I appreciate about BTS, is before they even started doing anything in the west, like going to award shows and major talk shows etc, they already was doing great in Korea, and they had a demand of U.S fans, which is how they got nominated for the Top Social 50 award AND invited at the BBMAS.

They didn't just skip their way in there when people dont gaf who they are.

Same for NEWJEANS now.

They literally have 16.8 Million monthly listeners, and JUST charted on the Billboard Hot 100 at #96. Making them the first 4 th gen group to do so, and only among a small handful of groups to do so (BTS, BLACKPINK, TWICE, WONDER GIRLS).

Mind you they only a 6 month rookie girl group. And they have 0 U.S promotion or push.

Oh, and I seen a post on Twitter from this Kpop Prediction page, and it said one of HYBE girl groups will be invited on a international show...which looking at their demand, its gotta be NEWJEANS

Companies need to learn to take things slow at a time and they'll get there.

Just make good music, and worry about building a core fanbase.

If you can't make a core fanbase, then make sure the music is good enough for them to have GP appeal or casual listeners..like NEWJEANS.

• This thread doesn't even make sense.

Aespa is a group and they are being promoted. End of the story. Stop trying to gatekeep places ffs. Idc and you shouldn't compare BTS trajectory to others and any other group trajectory to others. Let kpop groups do whatever they are doing.

Do you want just NewJeans, BTS and BP there? Lol, this is peak comedy.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• America dont appreciate terrible live stages though. These girls are good in studio but need to work on stage presence. And get some better song producers. So they get back to hits.

Btw every artist has right to promote anywhere.

• Wow Aespa being defended and nj fans attacked. Aespa flops for real

listen to :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• well they can promote any way they see fit. if you don't like it then it is your problem

BTW listen to this :

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• Its embarrassing to see sm pushing my girls like that... They would slay so hard with a "we dont need western or gp validation or whatever" attitude and kept releasing bops and break kpop industry every time they drop a teaser

Pls aespa is one of the coolest groups

But honestly, good for the people that have the chance to see them live, i would too if i had the chance

Maybe theres logic in what sm is doing after all..

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• While SM is notorious for pushing acts that had low demand or whose sound isn't popular in the US (aespa, BoA, SNSD, SuperM) yet sitting on their ass when it came to EXO and Red Velvet, SM has the capital and they'll do what they want with their money.

They paused on US festivals and TV shows for 7 years after SNSD failed to break in until NCT in 2018, but by 2018 BTS had made their way in and shown that K-pop could be profitable. I don't think SM ever stopped wanting to target the US market, but were just waiting until the time was right.

Now when it comes to music, I don't think pushing songs like Savage or Superhuman was smart in all honesty.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• While SM is notorious for pushing acts that had low demand or whose sound isn't popular in the US (aespa, BoA, SNSD, SuperM) yet sitting on their ass when it came to EXO and Red Velvet, SM has the capital and they'll do what they want with their money.

They paused on US festivals and TV shows for 7 years after SNSD failed to break in until NCT in 2018, but by 2018 BTS had made their way in and shown that K-pop could be profitable. I don't think SM ever stopped wanting to target the US market, but were just waiting until the time was right.

Now when it comes to music, I don't think pushing songs like Savage or Superhuman was smart in all honesty.

Ridiculous tbh. They push their least appealing artists internationally but crickets for exo and rv.

at that time exo was charting on BB200 they had everything to gain some tractions there. Their music is pop perfection.

RV have psycho and bad boy in their discography and SM still give them red concept.

• Ridiculous tbh. They push their least appealing artists internationally but crickets for exo and rv.

at that time exo was charting on BB200 they had everything to gain some tractions there. Their music is pop perfection.

RV have psycho and bad boy in their discography and SM still give them red concept.

EXO and RV both had potential if SM had gotten off their ass in 2018.

EXO still had plenty of hype internationally after Love Shot, but they went into solo and unit promotions instead.

Red Velvet should have been pushed harder after Bad Boy and not just at KCON. Psycho was fucked up due to the SBS mess with Wendy, and then they put RV on an 18-month group hiatus. :rant-bee:

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• it's nice to see when companies promote their artists, every company should do so. but if sm or any other company wants their artists to do well in american market they need to give them western gp friendly music. without it everything else is useless.

• I would assume the people at SM know better than us mortals about what promotion suits them best and if not well the money is a tax write off

'tis better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all

• it's nice to see when companies promote their artists, every company should do so. but if sm or any other company wants their artists to do well in american market they need to give them western gp friendly music. without it everything else is useless.

Some of you seems to really not understand

Even if SM is pushing aespa overseas their goal is not to give them the same amount of success than Bts and BP (Obviously if it happen they would be happy but it's not the case)

You really all need to stop to think that if an artist is push overseas it directly means that their goal is to go mainstream

SM is obviously more focus on trying to build for aespa a big fandom more than go mainstream by trying to play on the fact that even if you live overseas you have chance to meet them especially looking at the fact that they did a free fansign in France for their fans,

And secondly like you said if they want to go mainstream they need to give them gp friendly mainstream song the fact that it didn't happen and will never happen is a clear indication that their goal is not to go mainstream in US like all of you think directly when they see an artist promoting overseas if it was the case they would directly start to sing in English and do friendly song like Bts or do just a pure pop music

SM goal by pushing Aespa there is to make their fandom stronger and bigger but also trying to make them build a niche in overseas

If they wanted them to go mainstream SM isn't dumb they wouldn't give them a HyperPop sound when Hyperpop sound is a niche in the US and charli xcx, grimes etc ... Can't even go full mainstream because of their type of music

So yeah it's just basic marketing and analyse of a market

So i swear some of you really need to stop that a group promoting somewhere directly want to go mainstream especially when agencies aren't dumb and know what they are trying to do by giving their artist polarizing music like hyperpop and experimental stuff

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• This is new SM concept to conquer the West

• What about the non BTS non newjeans hybe grps?

Should they stop promoting in US because they have no demand?

I mean for someone who looks like they Stan BTS, you should know.

I'm sure you know BTS journey, and you know before they did any talk shows, or going to award shows and special events, you KNOW they FIRST got nominated at the BBAMS for the Top social Artists award and the members themselves was even surprised they got INVITED too.

From there, everything else followed up with BTS.

BigHit didn't just PAY or make behind the scenes DEALS to get BTS moving in the west.

Because then it would be inorganic.

BTS had a good amount of U.S. fans who voted for them for that award and who moved weight for them, for the BBMAS to even acknowledge BTS.

Now NewJeans look like they following the path.

They haven't did any U.S. promotion or push, but was able to become the 1st 4th gen group to chart on the Billboard Hot 100, and was able to gain 16.8 Million monthly listeners, just off of good music alone.

So if opportunities in the West start happening for NewJeans, then we would know how it happened organically, and without the unnecessary festivals and gatherings

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!