Ive is new scapegoat for kpop fans

• Before Ive we had Aespa who used to received hate left and right from kpop fans, the members were hated on for simply existing, their achievement down played you know the deal, but because Aespa wasn't that present this year kpop fans needed a new punching bag and an easy target, who to hate on other than a successful group from a non big 4 with two it girls, Ive is that group.

As we all know Ive doesn't have an outstanding vocalists ( i know it sound harsh ) although Liz and Yujin are great vocalist but they aren't there yet, and it's the same thing in term of dancing but the fact that they lack a little bit doesn't mean they don't deserve the success they or it gives the right to kpop fans to hate on them because by the end of the day Ive is as hard working as any other group.

Lately it's becoming a routine for Woonyoung to receive vicious hate, the girl breaths and 20 articles are written about how it's wrong for to breath that way, and Liz is an even easier target because of her " weight ".

And now the icing on the cake is the live signing, the fact that it became an issue that was reported on the news is laughable really, the entire kpop industry lipsync the times idols sang live can be counted on our hands yet Ive was the only target and people discarded the fact that Ive had multiple scheduled in one day.

And the members on this forum aren't any better you guys spread the same hate as any k-netizen.

• i thought the whole wonyoung thing was silly. i even made a couple of joke threads about it. didn't really see too much hate out here though-- not knetz level at least

• the more successful a group is the more hate it gets, especially if the group isn't considered super talented. Even when a group has outstanding talents, people will just drag them for their weak spots. honestly I don't see many Ive hate posts in these forums, I guess it's worse in Korea? ppl are still bashing Itzy and aespa on reddit too. I see more posts complaining about the hate Ive gets than actual hate.

• when you get too big, you tend to be get a lot of hate too, people hate when groups threaten their bias group so they try hard to bring them back down, they are gonna be fine, if the music quality stays the same, the hate is only gonna make them bigger

• The fact it made the news...I...

This is what happens when you have unbelievable success and someone as popular as Wonyoung.

It's like Wonyoung is getting it double time. IVE is huge and she by herself is huge. I don't think it would have even have been this big if Wonyoung wasn't one of the people involved.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• The fact it made the news...I...

This is what happens when you have unbelievable success and someone as popular as Wonyoung.

It's like Wonyoung is getting it double time. IVE is huge and she by herself is huge. I don't think it would have even have been this big if Wonyoung wasn't one of the people involved.

I feel like if she stayed as solo act she wouldn't be receiving this much hate but because she's in a group everything about her is over analyzed I've seen comments of people saying she's trying way to hard to be elegant while dancing so here's that

• Curious as to which group will be next. Baemon or New Jeans? Has to be a successful group to cope this level of vitriol.

new jeans

I actually think it's a mark of achievement to be "hated" since being hated means people care about your work (positively or negatively)

what's worse than being talked about negatively?

not being talked about at all

• I guess that's the shadow side of success and popularity, especially if you're at the top of those: there'll be more people who dislike you for it, who are convinced that you don't 'deserve' it and who will drag you and talk trash about you whenever the opportunity arises.

But the fact that it's 'lip syncing' that's being used as bashing argument (again), makes it all even more laughable.

If people have an issue with k-pop stars lipsyncing, they should address that instead of picking on 1 of the many idols that do so as the token sacrifice, just because they dislike that idols' success and popularity.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• The only thing i'm worried about the hate is that non big4 ggs have a much harder time bouncing back from sabotage if it happens. I know ive have many loyal fans who wouldn't ditch them for anything, but I always remember the fabricated t-ara scandal and it makes me sick how it made them lose popularity so fast over a stupid rumor when they were one of the biggest 2nd gen ggs. I know its a different time and different company, and i can only hope thats enough to prevent the worries from becoming reality. some people would say ive is safe bc of kakao but i have my doubts - kakao was already used as an excuse to sabotage ive's name, and that just show how eager people are to see them flop and accuse them of things. Ive was never expected to become this big, everyone said they would repeat pd curse and that non-big4 ggs cant last long, and it's for the same reason t-ara was sabotaged, because kpop fans are elitist af.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• the more successful a group is the more hate it gets, especially if the group isn't considered super talented. Even when a group has outstanding talents, people will just drag them for their weak spots. honestly I don't see many Ive hate posts in these forums, I guess it's worse in Korea? ppl are still bashing Itzy and aespa on reddit too. I see more posts complaining about the hate Ive gets than actual hate.

Oh it's fine here. Not much hate in general on this site after Anon section was removed. That's why I like it here :pepelove1:

It's really bad everywhere else: Youtube, Twitter and especially Tiktok.

• New Jeans ..... I don't know.

Hating them is literally child abuse, maybe they need to age a few more years to make it legal to hate on them

maybe this was mhj’s master plan all along.. make the group look so young it’s illegal to hate them unless you want to be stoned to death in the court of public opinion :thinkerpepe: :pepe-big-brain:

• She's literally a criminal mastermind this is why we should have more female bosses they are evil geniuses the Nugu3 should learn from her

If sm liked money they really fumbled the bag there they could’ve had mhj the mastermind concoct her plans and manipulation for them while they still had her but alas :violinist-pepe:

Anyway nugu 3 definitely need to give women more opportunities on an executive level imagine all the girlbosses they could parade and the contribution those masterminds could bring creatively to the table outside the sausage fest currently dominating the industry :violinist-pepe:

• New Jeans ..... I don't know.

Hating them is literally child abuse, maybe they need to age a few more years to make it legal to hate on them

maybe this was mhj’s master plan all along.. make the group look so young it’s illegal to hate them unless you want to be stoned to death in the court of public opinion :thinkerpepe: :pepe-big-brain:

Nah, age won't stop people from hating. Wonyoung is the prime example.

I think it's their 'likeable image' that made them bit harder to attack. They also don't have noticeable weak spot to attack, like for example:

1. Everything was pretty much equally distributed.

2. No filler members and not much skill disparity between them.

3. They don't have any Japanese or Chinese members.

4. Etc

Unless something major happened, I think NewJeans won't get Aespa or Ive treatment.

• notice i said “make the group look young”, not “be young”. The ages of nj’s members are 14, 16, 17, 18, 18 - that’s hardly abnormally young for kpop’s standards. Yuna was 15 yo when itzy debuted - that’d make her younger than 4 out of 5 nj members at debut. But we don’t really perceive her that way, bc nj’s concept focuses entirely on youthfulness and making an effort to make the members look like real teens, which is unique in big 4 ggs atm for better or worse. That’s why most people perceive nj as just kids doing kids’ things and much younger than other groups, even tho their real ages aren’t really that much younger, which lent itself to nj receiving less vitriol hate imo. Don’t know how much mhj planned ahead for all that, but it’s undeniable that nj’s harmless inoffensive young-looking concept helped cement their image as the nation’s darlings in people’s perception rn

• notice i said “make the group look young”, not “be young”. The ages of nj’s members are 14, 16, 17, 18, 18 - that’s hardly abnormally young for kpop’s standards. Yuna was 15 yo when itzy debuted - that’d make her younger than 4 out of 5 nj members at debut. But we don’t really perceive her that way, bc nj’s concept focuses entirely on youthfulness and making an effort to make the members look like real teens, which is unique in big 4 ggs atm for better or worse. That’s why most people perceive nj as just kids doing kids’ things and much younger than other groups, even tho their real ages aren’t really that much younger, which lent itself to nj receiving less vitriol hate imo. Don’t know how much mhj planned ahead for all that, but it’s undeniable that nj’s harmless inoffensive young-looking concept helped cement their image as the nation’s darlings in people’s perception rn

Thanks!

You explained what I'm unable to explain about NewJeans 'likeable image' or 'Korean darling'.

• The only thing i'm worried about the hate is that non big4 ggs have a much harder time bouncing back from sabotage if it happens. I know ive have many loyal fans who wouldn't ditch them for anything, but I always remember the fabricated t-ara scandal and it makes me sick how it made them lose popularity so fast over a stupid rumor when they were one of the biggest 2nd gen ggs. I know its a different time and different company, and i can only hope thats enough to prevent the worries from becoming reality. some people would say ive is safe bc of kakao but i have my doubts - kakao was already used as an excuse to sabotage ive's name, and that just show how eager people are to see them flop and accuse them of things. Ive was never expected to become this big, everyone said they would repeat pd curse and that non-big4 ggs cant last long, and it's for the same reason t-ara was sabotaged, because kpop fans are elitist af.

And that's what scare me about Ive one small mistake and they're done simply because they're not from big4 although Starship is no small company but they aren't a big4

• And that's what scare me about Ive one small mistake and they're done simply because they're not from big4 although Starship is no small company but they aren't a big4

I'd think that Big 3 groups (and maybe now Big 4?) would initially get more hate campaigns thrown at them by 'exaggerated controversy' tagging: the bigger companies will have more haters that by extension will be more agressive and active hating on the companies' groups too.

Starship isn't that big nor that hated, so won't have the default set of hate campaigners even before debuting their groups, let alone after.

The only exception is when a group itself gets to the top position, then threatened fans of other groups will start to zone in on that group too.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I'd think that Big 3 groups (and maybe now Big 4?) would initially get more hate campaigns thrown at them by 'exaggerated controversy' tagging: the bigger companies will have more haters that by extension will be more agressive and active hating on the companies' groups too.

Starship isn't that big nor that hated, so won't have the default set of hate campaigners even before debuting their groups, let alone after.

The only exception is when a group itself gets to the top position, then threatened fans of other groups will start to zone in on that group too.

Thing is starship isnt hated bc no one takes the company seriously, thats why even the kakao privilege bullshit started bc people like to associate ive's success with kakao more than to starship exactly to discredit them because "well look kakao is powerful so it makes sense they are popular", completely ignoring that ive is the very first "kakao group" to be actual competition to big4 in every aspect.

Non big4 suffer a lot more with hate because theres not much to defend them from attacks, both sistar and bts suffered with sajaegi accusations at the beginning of their career and as I said before t-ara couldnt recover from the made-up scandal. non-big4 groups have a lot more to lose with hate and accusations than big4 do, thats a fact. You will rarely see a big4 group being accused of sajaegi as soon as they get to the top of the charts, or even making up numbers sales, as we've seen happen to ive.

I say rarely bc I remember people questioned aespa a lot in the beginning bc its true they were one of the most hated ggs, but managed to bounce back. Idk if Ive could.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Edited once, last by catzi ().

• Thing is starship isnt hated bc no one takes the company seriously, thats why even the kakao privilege bullshit started bc people like to associate ive's success with kakao more than to starship exactly to discredit them because "well look kakao is powerful so it makes sense they are popular", completely ignoring that ive is the very first "kakao group" to be actual competition to big4 in every aspect.

Non big4 suffer a lot more with hate because theres not much to defend them from attacks, both sistar and bts suffered with sajaegi accusations at the beginning of their career and as I said before t-ara couldnt recover from the made-up scandal. non-big4 groups have a lot more to lose with hate and accusations than big4 do, thats a fact. You will rarely see a big4 group being accused of sajaegi as soon as they get to the top of the charts, or even making up numbers sales, as we've seen happen to ive.

I say rarely bc I remember people questioned aespa a lot in the beginning bc its true they were one of the most hated ggs, but managed to bounce back. Idk if Ive could.

I think that last one is indeed the biggest issue and risk.

Groups from non-Big 4 companies are targeted less right from the start due to fewer hardcore activist haters - but as soon as someone does happen, those companies have fewer and less effective ways to resolve the situation and have their groups bounce back.

SWJ1P.gif

• i have seen the replies...many ignorant and people dont know nothing about ive..

Rei is japanese also one foreigner...but speak well fluent in korean(remind me yuqi gidle)If you think ive have not fluent member...wonyoung can speak fluent even if this is not perfect...even yujin has improved tho

There re songwriters in ive...yet they re called untalented..cause we know misogynist...

Ive get only stupid scandal yes..80% considered scandal in korea..the international fans act like koreab.o with ives..esp toward Wonyoung..Wonyoung know industry better than you

"Starship didn't get blamed.."Starshit is always called out in bad ive management ..you can smell they dont know why ive get popular also dont know promoted them well..showcase full potentiel..

The People re obessed with Wonyoung..i remember than the People thought wonyoung is older than her age...i guess they never know izone existance cause if they know wonyoung was cyberbullying for winning pd48 at 14 yo by majority international insecure kpop stans..even overanalysed by knet for act like normal teenager..but now knet re more kind with wonyoung ..fck hypocrisis...the international fans love mocked her..for nothing give me big jealousy and insecurity..i know wonyoung haters re weirdo since they love overreacting everything about teen..

Leeseo get hate for supposed fake crying on tiktok app...and being mean at staffs for cake prank...

Liz and gaeul get token stans ...on Youtube and tiktok...love critized other members...

I hope ive geT break...like leave them ..the People write always Starship care only about Wonyoung.."sse will make ive's downfall"..but all the members get solo promotion but you dont care about other members...

wow i think than the kpop stans re just younger and dont know pd48 or izone.. ..after all wonyoung is still gifted girl..she can sound like a person with high iq but still teenager...wonyoung was winner of math 3 times and 100 books in izone chu...

She is still bubbly person and optimist mind

Her haters will become her stans..

She has participed 13 yo in survival show....trying become careful as ive member since she is unnie...wonyoung wish freedom Now in 2023..she said than she wish become more happier during this year..

I notice day by days ..her message bubble get deep and make sense ...before she was more into in sweet comment...by exemple unnie i hope your days re okay

Now give us alarming messages

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I hope the kpop stans stop act blind and open their eyes...wonyoung did suffer much in behind the scene...

This is the first time she did open her thoughts..even during izone wonyoung was always type hidd her problem...chaeyeon was sad about that..

• ok and what? None of your random wonyoung rant has anything to do with my post about nj’s concept lol. Are you saying either izone or ive has a concept similar to nj that makes the members look extra young instead of more mature to mask their young age? No? Then pls leave, shoo shoo

Like i already said, it’s not about the idols’ actual ages when they debut, it’s about the image and concept. Minji and hanni are the same age as wonyoung but their concepts are wildly different so they seem much younger than wonyoung , that’s all

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!