People who stan older groups, how do you think your faves would survive if they debuted these days?

• A lot has changed in K-pop since even the early days of 3rd gen – the trends, the style, and the fan culture are just some (but not all) things that have evolved since, say, 2012. I'm sure a lot of you like older groups, and I'm curious to see where you think they'd be if they debuted right now, in 4th gen. Cuz K-pop was way different just two or so generations ago.

For my faves, TVXQ...let's say they debuted as they were in 2003 (i.e. OT5). K-pop stans nowadays would probably hail them as a savior with their light concept and focus on vocals. And even nowadays, Pinterest kids are falling for the magic of debut-era Kim Jaejoong. Not to mention being under SM would also be a benefit for them. (Let's disregard the fact that TVXQ basically got SM out of their flop era, this is a thought experiment. I won't even get into the problems I'd have to disregard to do H.O.T., my other faves...)

₊˚⊹♡ 단 ♡⊹˚₊

ewdMqv1.gif

₊˚⊹♡ 이 ♡⊹˚₊

• I do not know about groups, but some TV shows would not survive today.

shows like

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

even when is just different same gender groups

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That is what I miss from old kpop.

• SNSD: just look at what an old group’s cb has been doing. Very solid on charts, potentially among their highest Korean alum sales, high tv ratings, members constantly making the news and so on. They’d do very well, probably even bigger than back in their time which is a scary thought considering the were THE group of 2g

The only problem might be kpop fans would have a field day cancelling them for all the banter and disses they say to each other lol.

• External Content www.youtube.com

SLAY

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• BigBang: They'll be alright at least. Their music is popular among the Korean GP from what I've heard. But some of their songs are very of it's time.
    • f(x): They would do better than they actually did since they were ahead of their time. I'm convinced that they would at least have enough international popularity to make the US Billboard Hot 100 (or the top 100 hit charts of any Western country). How high and how many times they'd chart is another question though.
    • T-ara: Compared to Big Bang and f(x), they would be in a worse position. Their concept and style seems more suited to the early 2010s. The consequences of their bullying scandal would have been worse if it occurred in the 4th gen years

I also stan SNSD (they're my all-time ult) but someone already answered them here

• I think Exo would do good. But im not sure how 12 members would fare in the 4th gen. Treasure has 12 members but I hardly hear of them. But considering the fact that Exo would debut in SM, they would do well, and ExoL/Nctzens would be at each others throats.

Edit: They would definately be praised for their vocalist and be considered unique amongst the crowd

• NU'EST disbanded this year, if they had debuted later than they either would be 2 times as famous as SEVENTEEN by now allready (the sad reality used to be that SEVENTEEN was at least 2 times more famouse than NU'EST or even way more so people often gave zero fucks that both are from the same company) or people would bullshit on NU'EST just for being under Hybe

If A.C.E would've debuted this year than this wouldn't have been even possible since all member (even their 24 year old member) enlisted between Autumn of 2021 and Summer of 2022. They are also from an unknown company so they most likly would do the same as they allready do, wich means nobody even cares that they exist

If VIXX would've debuted this year, than probably without Ravi and maybe even without Hongbin, but if they would've debuted this year and debut with their debut-line up than I could smell how the neyt victim of Jellyfish's disbandment would be VERIVERY or they would make VERIVERY into what VIXX is now: the name didn't disband yet but the group sill never release new music anymore and that thanks to shitty menagement and a new rookie group

If THE ROSE would've debuted this year, than nobody would give a fuck since bands got very unpopular

If DAY6 would've debuted this year, than Jae would be still in Amrica and I think Young K said he was scouted as he still used to live in Canada so he might would be still in Canada so DAY6 wouldn't even exist. If they would debut as full group than I could think of that they would break up fast since we all know the personality of Jae by now and trowing tantrups at debut-era would be shit for the band.

If NCT with their full line up would debut this year, than everyone would freak out and get so confused that they accidantly make NCT flop hardcore

If Stray Kids would've debuted this year than JYP had lost his place in the top3 alleready and people would still say "Big 3" but would exclude JYP and exchange it by Hybe. The boys wouldn't be so popular, have a hard time to even gain recognition and they would most likly only be mid-tier to mediocre in selling CDs and nobody would call Hyunjin an IT-boy but just say "the handsome dude from that one boygroup"

If ASTRO would've debuted this year than nobody would even give a fuck about Cha Eunwoo's existence in Korea

if MONSTA X would've debuted this year than either Wonho would never be called out from this stupid woman and gets kicked out or they disband very soon after Wonho gets called out since people would just get mad at the group or the company for having him even if we all know that the woman is to blame for fucking up other idol's careers

if iKON would've debuted this year, than people would boycot them since Bobby is married and has a child and as in Wonho's case also would do the same to iKON since the same stupid biatsch ruined B.I

if BIG BANG would've debuted this year, than a lot iconic artists who got inspired trought their music wouldn't exist and we most likly wouldn't have had to deal with Seungri's BS wich saves so many idols and their agencies who had to face that a lot of their artists were involed in that shit

if bands like FTISLAND would've debuted this year, nobody would care that they even exist and this would most likly also cause that really each and every band just fails, even if in KPop a small number of bands still could work out (I mean DAY6 for example is quit successfull)

if SNSD woud've debuted just this year than SM would be allready broke for years and never had gotten that famouse as they are as a company

If SUPER JUNIOR would've debuted this year than everyone would just say "ew a group full of boomer"

if TVXQ would've debuted just now than the entire idol industry in KPop would be so different since many idol say they admire TVXQ and got inspired by them to become musicians and if TVXQ hadn't existed than many people wouldn't be idols by now

If EXO would've just debuted this year than most likly without any of their Chinese member and nobody would go so crazy over the fact that Kai is just existing

If Eric Nam would've debuted this year than nobody would give a damn ... oh and we would have lesser horny teenager-girls on the internet and he would most likly constantly say "I still suck in Korean as a middle aged man" sinc Eric Nam said his Korean was horrible before he came to Korea

If f(X) would've debuted this year than most likly without Amber and Suli would probsbly be still alive :(

......... I could go on forever and name you every 4+ year old KPop-act in KPop-history

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Nobody actually knows what would happen, therefore this thread is just an outlet for haters to say whatever they want and for fans to say their fav would be fine. :facepalm:

A masterpiece.

External Content youtu.be

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!