Posts by _Mysteric

What I mean by the title is K-pop songs that have the same energy. If they were people, they'd sit at the same table because they're just so similar. (But like, not in a plagiarism-ry way. Or maybe in a plagiarism-ry way?) Just, like, they have the same vibes. I'll give my picks:

And of course, the one with songs nobody cares about:

So, we've just been faced with insane news. After 5 years, Girls' Generation are (reportedly - I still have a very tiny part of me that thinks this is too good to be true) finally having a full group comeback. (Oh, and also more news that happened WHILE I was writing this post - all of TWICE opened personal Instagram accounts.) So, seeing this (and the 2NE1 reunion that happened at Coachella, like, last month), what's the next insane thing that's gonna happen in K-pop land? Place your bets here, and also feel free to make new ones. ;-)

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Honestly, I feel like I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and I'd have dreamed all this. Every time we've had possible SNSD comeback talk it's led to nothing, but now it seems like it's confirmed. I still can't believe it, it feels like an unreality. But damn. Daaaaaamn. It's been long enough!!

Edit: And August is the month of my birthday. It's the perfect present, SNSD comeback and me turning another year old!! Woo!!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anyways, here's a few of my favorites:

External Content www.youtube.com

not "insane" exactly but with an interesting plot twist

I feel like we've all seen this one at some point. Although I already know the plot twist, so it kinda ruins the MV for me... :S

Anyways, I have another nomination I just remembered. Alone by Moon Hee Jun, which is what happens when you combine the high production movie-like story MV format and the jankiness of 1st gen K-pop. I don't know how they simultaneously had a high budget and no budget for this. Bang bang.

There's a lot of peak NCT, but I see your case...! Birthday Party is great (I haven't listened to much footwork, but it feels like at least footwork-lite and even footwork-lite is amazing), and Love on the Floor is peak everything. Love that song too much. (Maybe on the floor?)

You know how sometimes, K-pop MVs will have self-contained storylines? Yeah, I wanna see more of that. Except the storylines are absolutely insane. (But please put spoilers of the MV in a spoiler tag.)

Here's my pick - Bad Guy by Rain. He's in prison and, uh, stuff happens. I like how there are dance segments intercut when he's...well, you'll just have to watch for yourself.

TVXQ: I'd say I'm satisfied. Since they've been around for a while, they have a lot of music, and I like a lot of it. The only thing I want is a Korean comeback...haa, but Epitaph has been doing well for me in the meantime.

H.O.T: Yeah for them, too - even they only have 5 albums they all have tracks I like and don't get tired of. I don't ever find myself wishing for a 6th, if that's what you're asking. (But that's probably also because they've been disbanded for such a long time that wishing for a 6집 is only useless.)

f(x): Extremely satisfied with their music, they never miss. It's just that they haven't released anything in so long, and they're basically disbanded. I was really wishing for just one more album. Until everyone just went up and left. (Immediately after their 10 year anniversary, too! I was really holding on to that hope back then.)

Can I pick all of them?

I LOVE this album. It’s, like, my favorite album from BTS. I don’t listen to it as much as I used to, but it still holds a place in my heart. Obviously, I love all of the tracks (except for Let Me Know ;( ), but my favorite tracks are Could You Turn off Your Cellphone, Look Here, Rain, and especially Do You Think It Makes Sense. Can we talk about Do You Think It Makes Sense a little more? Cuz we need to talk about Do You Think It Makes Sense a little more. (It's like the opposite of Bruno or something, I dunno, I've never watched Encanto before.)

In a more general sense, they probably know. If they're one of those idols who is always watching over your shoulder (like the previously mentioned Bang Chan), the chance of them knowing is even higher. Getting distant? It's a possibility, but I know a lot of rival groups who were actually on good terms with each other - but despite that, the fans fight over...I dunno, their own pride as a fan or something?

But honestly, seeing this thread make me think of this one part of the Happy Together episode that former-H.O.T Tony and Sechskies Jaeduck were on. H.O.T & Sechskies were both aware that their fans didn't get along (of course they were, with fights as physical as they were back in the day), so I guess some tension formed between the groups because of that. The relevant part in the video starts around 2:21.

Yeonjun looks really different without all the makeup, actually. Or at least in this style of makeup they put him in. I gotta say, he fits the "lost boy hurt after breakup" concept pretty well, and he definitely pulls off the softer look well.

Not to get too nerdy, but the color correcting on the photos is the magic touch that makes everything complete. Beomgyu's in particular really stood out to me in terms of that - it has just the right melancholy with the soft but ever-so-present blues, the vague purple of Gyu's hair, and the pinks of the flower...petals? Buds? Whatever, but the point is the photos look really good.

(...And also Hyuka is really pretty here. Just needed to get that off my chest.)

If you asked me to name my favorite track on this just based on my mind, I'd probably draw a blank, but looking at the tracks I actually like every song on this. The most enduring ones here have to be Cypher pt. 1 and If I Ruled the World. Both of those songs have a really nice hip hop style to them - on Cypher pt. 1 the rappers spit cool fire to a nice jazzy beat, and If I Ruled the World does G-Funk, a style that's very lacking in K-pop nowadays. (I don't get why they say "West side 'till I die" in there, though. It's not even like Yoo Seung Jun who he has actual credit to say he's "west side" since he's from the US - no, Namjoon, you are not "west side", you were born in Seoul.) I also really liked We On, although since my BTS phase has been over I haven't really listened to it much - it's a bit forgettable, honestly.

Hard to say, but if JYP learns their lesson and gives them a song that actually works with their strengths, it'll probably be less hated. And being less hated could lead to people who wouldn't've given NMIXX a chance actually starting to like them, which equals not a flop. But on the other side, JYP could give NMIXX an experience like Queendom by Red Velvet, where the song is as safe as possible but isn't really anyone's favorite, which'll probably equal flop. (Not to say Queendom is bad, I like it a lot!)