QUEENDOM 2 was the biggest flop of the year

• The ratings were pretty low and now:

Loona flopped (album sales didn't increase much)
    Viviz flopped

WJSN flopped

Kepler flopped (lower album sales too)

Hopefully this means that people is getting tired of these rigged TV shows. Hopefully.

• Kepler shouldn’t have participated in queendom as they didn’t build their group’s image and gain more exposure which were obviously their main goals going into the show. if anything,kepler LOST their hype.They got so many views with their debut,they got 3 wins with it,they charted well too I believe and with their comeback releases they flopped in everything except album sales

• Didn't they just have their highest sales ever?

See this thread by icyruios: In a few hours, WJSN "Sequence" has already surpassed their highest first week album sales

yes, as you can see "Sequence" is their best selling album right now

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

also this was their fastest album to reach 1 mill stream on spotify

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

so either op is a troll, or their definition of "non-flop" is ranking 1 in every music chart

• loona doubled in music show wins in 1 comeback, their Korean fanbase is now increasing rapidly and they gained a lot of recognition in korea. Album sales aren’t everything

also they got #1 on bugs and #1 on worldwide iTunes album chart

They won only in minor music shows (The show and Show champion) and probably did it only thanks to youtube ad views

Bugs is a filler chart mass streamed by kpop fans and itunes is just... well... itunes

Unfortunately they flopped both digitally and physically even with that ridiculous amount of photocards and stuff.

kepler increased in album sales, but did bad with everything else basically

According to gaon numbers

Debut: 393k
    Last comeback: 318k

That's definitely lower than before

• We are moving into a new era of KPOP.

Queendom 2 even had to adjust their standards to crown a winner because everyone flopped digitally.

If there is a Queendom 3, I can see fan votes and international digitals being the main focus again because they literally have no one to ask who would actually join the show who does well digitally in Korea?

None of the top groups like BP, Twice, Aespa, STAYC, IVE, LSFM, or ITZY have any reason to join this show. It does nothing for them since they already have their core fanbase along with varying degrees of public recognition. Only ones I could see possibly going are STAYC and maybe even ITZY if they keep underperforming on domestic charts. NMIXX might go, but O.O flopped digitally too so we are back at the main problem unless their next comeback does numbers.

But other than that, MNET has already tapped into most of the household names for groups unless they go back and dip into 2nd gen, and even then, a good portion of those GGs are not active or have disbanded.

Like...I honestly do not see who else they could bring on the show they have not already and the show NOT flop because no one knows who any of the groups are.

Maybe Billie because they have gain some recognition because of Tsuki?

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• so either op is a troll, or their definition of "non-flop" is ranking 1 in every music chart

op is definitely a troll lol now that they can’t troll twice anymore bc nayeon didn’t flop meanwhile aespa did kinda flop by their standards and op kinda stans aespa they now have to direct their trolling to some other groups to satisfy their success stanning thrist lol :sweatr1:

• yes, as you can see "Sequence" is their best selling album right now

also this was their fastest album to reach 1 mill stream on spotify

so either op is a troll, or their definition of "non-flop" is ranking 1 in every music chart

We'll have to wait and see gaon numbers, although they definitely did better this time

As for my definition of "flop" I was expecting them to do waaay better digitally considering they WON the show, but it seems like nobody cared

• According to gaon numbers

Debut: 393k
    Last comeback: 318k

That's definitely lower than before

Give it some time? It's not like they got 393k in one month. The latest album already surpassed 300k on hanteo so the sales will be updated.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Queendom 1 was a new concept. Queendom 2 was a little more of the same, so the feeling of novelty wore off. Plus, the contestants were not as bankable as the first ones. So it's not that surprising that the results aren't smashing.

I think the main difference is G-idle or OMG or even AOA, took the competition seriously and had something to show and prove. Unlike the ones from the second version who did pretty much nothing.

It would've been fun if Mnet eliminated someone (*cough* VIVIZ *cough*) but that's just me.

• oh yeah let’s all pretend you wouldn’t have made a ton of threads shading twice and itzy and rv or other ggs if aespa had smashed on digital charts this cb and not underperformed lol :pepe-shrug:

Sis, I'm not a fan I just like their music lol

chill :pepefacepalm:

• Only ones I could see possibly going are STAYC and maybe even ITZY if they keep underperforming on domestic charts. NMIXX might go, but O.O flopped digitally too so we are back at the main problem unless their next comeback does numbers.

Non of them should go even if they are flopping on kcharts. A complete waste of time.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• I think the main difference is G-idle or OMG or even AOA, took the competition seriously and had something to show and prove. Unlike the ones from the second version who did pretty much nothing.

It would've been fun if Mnet eliminated someone (*cough* VIVIZ *cough*) but that's just me.

If anything, I think the contestants took the competition TOO seriously. I was a bit perplexed by the groups' refusal to upvote one another during the self-evaluation. It was a petty move imo and didn't make for interesting TV.

I think the issue was more about the fact the groups didn't succeed at presenting something new, at reinventing themselves. They were simply less inspired.

• Non of them should go even if they are flopping on kcharts. A complete waste of time.

Then who should go lol? If you're doing well, this show has nothing for you either.

None of the groups we had for Queendom 2 were decent digitally at the time except BG, and the only ones with recognizable hits were WJSN and Brave Girls. Except WJSN only has the one song that really did well. VIVIZ had the legacy of G-Friend, but it hasn't carried over to them as a group. Everybody else...

I think it made sense for WJSN, VIVIZ, Brave Girls, and Hyolyn to be there. LOONA to a lesser extent. Because you had groups who had SOME public recognition who were trying to build their fanbase and rejuvenate their brand. The same was true for Queendom, except the names on that show had more recognition and were a tier above most of the contestants on Q2 (digitally and as far as recognition). Plus you had groups had like MMM and Idle who were still hot and gave the show some legitimacy.

But, I don't think there are a lot of GGs these days that fall into that middle grown/sweet spot of having the public's interest but lacking some fandom power. These days, it's the other way around. Fandom power but no public interest. And if you are already doing well in both areas, Queendom holds no appeal to you.

If ITZY continues to lag digitally, they would fall more into that sweet spot. They are still known to the public, and the public still checks them out so there is some interest in them on top of their already core fandom. STAYC is already in that sweet spot of having the digitals but lacking a little on physicals in comparison to other GGs. Billie has some interest on them right now because Tsuki went viral, but not sure how long that will last or if it will translate. Momoland also kind of lands into that sweet spot, but they have fallen off BAD. Fromis_9 are a contender.

You need at least one big group to get the people interested while padding the rest of the contestants with groups who were great or are on the PRECIPICE of being great. Queendom 2 lacked those 1 or 2 groups that are big, which is why it didn't gain as much traction imo. And, I can see Queendom 3 being the same, but who knows...maybe MNET will sweeten the deal.

Edit: Not at me misspelling Precipice lmao.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• I agree queendom 2 lacked big names. But I don’t see why Itzy and Stayc should go.

JYP don’t care if Itzy Flops in Korea, they said multiply times albums sales > melon.

Stayc outsell all the GG in queendom 2 expect Kepler. They don’t lack in physical sales at all especially for a mid tier.

• Then who should go lol? If you're doing well, this show has nothing for you either.

MMM went and they were doing really well back then. I'd say they were too big to go on first season. But they did get an album sales boost.

But, I don't think there are a lot of GGs these days that fall into that middle grown/sweet spot of having the public's interest but lacking some fandom power. These days, it's the other way around. Fandom power but no public interest. And if you are already doing well in both areas, Queendom holds no appeal to you.

Yes a lot of the ggs in queendom s2 went to get more recognition but that didn't happen at all. At least not atm. Like kep1er flopped even harder on kcharts than their debut and their Spotify too got bad compared to wadada.

I think OMG gave this idea that queendom can boost kcharting but their are multiple factors that played into OMG blowing up and they were more popular than everyone in s2 in korea. Not even one group got the positive reaction OMG did on queendom iirc.

If ITZY continues to lag digitally, they would fall more into that sweet spot. They are still known to the public, and the public still checks them out so there is some interest in them on top of their already core fandom. STAYC is already in that sweet spot of having the digitals but lacking a little on physicals in comparison to other GGs. Billie has some interest on them right now because Tsuki went viral, but not sure how long that will last or if it will translate. Momoland also kind of lands into that sweet spot, but they have fallen off BAD. Fromis_9 are a contender.

Itzy is big3, they'll survive anyways. They just need the right song and hype.

I think fromis and billlie are good candidates but at the end they'll end up like s2 season groups as no one cares about queendom any more.

You need at least one big group to get the people interested while padding the rest of the contestants with groups who were great or are on the PRECIPOUS of being great. Queendom 2 lacked those 1 or 2 groups that are big, which is why it didn't gain as much traction imo. And, I can see Queendom 3 being the same, but who knows...maybe MNET will sweeten the deal.

Definitely queendom s2 groups lacked popularity both domestically and internationally. No one cared much because of that . Only kep1er had a big enough international base.

YIREN

• QD1 was new and and got much more hybe, the performances were seen in a much greener light.

Therefor i never expect QD2 to create much hybe except within the participating fandoms. The performances werent really anything worse than in the previous show.

loonas comeback did better in practicaly all parameter.

kep1er performance depends more on their fandoms internal problems.

Brave Girls was there because after 5 years of military performances they deserve some more nicer stages. after attending all the year end awards qeendom could deliver these stages.

About charting. with brave bro promotion we dont need to think about that. They better get hired by a big3-6 company for that. or we just make another random stage mix video on youtube for that. they still have a 1yo, a 2yo and a 6yo song charting on melon tho.

brave girls gained some new fans and we got some nice performances and new songs and interactions. there was also no real mnsnake evil editing. so in general it was even a good show. what is not easy to admit to mnet since how they massacred fu yaning and the other c-girls in the produce show. That they get undeserved rankings was the main negative aspect but that was to be expected.

• Queendom 2 was such a non-event for everyone included. Now I don't think the acts flopped outside of the show since most, if not all, seems to have gotten better sales for their comebacks, but the Korean gp clearly does not care compared to season 1. Now I love Kep1er to death but why were they there? They got their mnet comeback showcase anyway (which was the prize for Queendom), they were fresh out the womb, almost literally, and their ranking was poor because the majority of their fanbase didn't bother to vote for them... Other groups' and Hyolyn's participation made sense, but not Kep1er's lol... At least we got a nice summer comeback, when their spring should've been spent debuting in Japan.

• let's be honest they flopped because their songs were bad/mid. if they come out with a song like dolphin/nonstop, they would do well. their companies failed themby giving them bad songs, not because of queendom 2

• lmao, everyone and their mother basically worshipped heejin and olivia hye after queendom 2

if not for queendom, NO ONE would bat an eye on loona

plus we get to see hyolyn + loona interaction, which is basically a bonus point

i remember seeing people saying bom was boring in q2, and now hyolyn literally set the bar too high

if anything, all contestants got to showcase their talents, especially hyolyn who's been slept on all this time

• the op expecting the entire participants to turn the kpop's table, making the participants become the new top tier, having a high chart on every metrics, and becoming the true queens of kpop.

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!