Posts by hammerstan

Update April 2024:

Now that photos have leaked and we have very good evidence that Ella Gross, Bailey Sok and Annie Moon will be in the group, I thought I would revisit the possibility that Somi could join the group and whether that would be a good idea for the group and for Somi.

group member thread:

As I said originally, most of the other members would need to stand out so much that Somi wouldn't overshadow them. So far, the lineup of TBLNGG fits that requirement perfectly. They are already famous (Bailey, Ella), or they stand out in other ways (Annie with her chaebol status).

With all the famous members, the contract is probably only 5 years with plenty of solo work (including music) and brand deal potential, so Somi (and the other girls) wouldn't miss out on much.

Somi and the other members would fit an elite, high-class, expensive, yet friendly and approachable "mean girls" type concept, which would be a perfect counterpoint to current 5th gen popular groups. As a bonus, they are not acting, they actually are the concept.

Somi and Annie guarantee instant attention from Korea (both knets and mainstream GP), and Somi and the members are all fluent in English, familiar with the Western culture and have some international fame already (Annie through her Samsung connection), so they have great domestic and international potential.

One or two more members for the main vocal and possibly main rapper and they would be set.

That said, Somi's comments over the last couple years make me think she has no interest in joining a permanent group, so realistically I'd give it a 10% chance, but plenty of people said the same thing about Bailey.

I agree they need better music, but this was clearly a successful promotional move, considering the views.

Update 2:

Annie Moon and Bailey Sok received GLYF (Somi's highligher brand) and posted it on their insta. This is their only interaction I'm aware of, so I would consider this almost confirmation that Annie (and Bailey) will be in TBLGG.

MÉOVV GLOBAL (@MEOVV_GLOBAL) on X
    [📸] Rumoured MÉOVV/TBLNGG member showing off her gift from TBL JEON SOMI’s makeup brand GLYF on her Instagram story! #MEOVV #TBLNGG #THEBLACKLABEL #더블랙레이블…
    twitter.com

MÉOVV CENTRIC (@MEOVV_CENTRIC) on X
    Somi gifting her glyfing highlighter to bailey and annie 2/4 well next ella since she has not update anything yet👀 #TBLNGG #THEBLACKLABEL…
    twitter.com

I don't know, probably sending a kakao message to one of the CEO of his sub label asking him to step on TBLGG ?? :pepe-mirror-glare:

Bailey would break his kneecaps.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Update:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ella is signed to TBL but Bailey isn't officially. For them to make the same move at about the same time can't be a coincidence. I would consider both Ella and Bailey to be almost confirmed members at this point.

Will they endure the rigors of being a KPop girl group? A bunch of princesses who need a squad of attendants doing tours and all that?

They all want to play celebrity games. Their story will make good TV dramas, but will it actually work? I seriously doubt it.

It will be like a superwealthy girl's diary of playing a girl group, Most people would rather let her stay in her own circle, away from ordinary fans.

This isn't Teddy's first group. Of course he would take into account the girls' personalities before selecting them.

I thought they've had more members?

also let's wait and see how many songs they will be able to release per year

I'm not saying they will have 4 members, those are just the most likely members so far based on evidence.

It's likely they will have more based on the leaked photos, but we don't know who they are. Also, keep in mind that we don't know when they were taken and if they contain trainees that were cut.

Assuming TBLNGG's concept is elite, high-class and expensive, with a focus on members' individuality (because Teddy), the members we know the most about are genuinely perfect.

Annie Moon (position: probably leader):

First, getting an actual chaebol into the group is inspired. Not only will Annie generate tons of publicity just by existing, she would be a perfect fit for the concept, granting instant credibility, and luxury brands would fall over themselves to get a top idol/chaebol endorsement. Annie would probably be great for the leader position as well since she's an adult (shocking), a graduate of Columbia University, and has been around people in top leadership positions all her life. Don't know her skills yet, but I'm sure they are at least decent if Teddy chose her and her family isn't resisting (they wouldn't want Annie to embarrass the family), and decent is great by current popular group standards.

Bailey Sok (position: main dancer/choreographer):

Getting Bailey Sok into the group is insane. Evidence for her as a TBL trainee has been around for a couple years, but most didn't believe it was possible that Bailey would want to become an idol. She's just too talented, successful and famous within the professional dancer community. It goes without saying that Bailey would would immediately become one of the best dancers (and in-group choreographers) in kpop history, male or female. Bailey has also been training her vocals with one of BTS's vocal coaches over the last couple years. She has a history of getting brand deals, including Nike, and a ton of charisma, on and off stage. Also an adult.

Ella Gross (position: maknae):

Despite her age, Ella has a long history in entertainment/modelling. She has been an internationally recognized model since she was a young child, with a long list of high-end brands that she has promoted. She has also acted in a number of movies/shows. She has the cute factor that would appeal to younger fans while still fitting the luxury concept due to her background (a hard needle to thread). Skill-wise, she has been training at TBL for over five years, while working and going to school, and from what I have heard she sounded good a couple of years ago, so Ella could only be better now.

Chloe Lee (position: ?):

Chloe is likely a member, but little is known about her at this point, other than that she's tall and beautiful in a way that fits with luxury high fashion, and she has a history of modelling.

That leaves main vocalist and main rapper open, but if Teddy could get Bailey as his main dancer then it is likely that he found very talented members for those positions as well.

Also, notice that they are all fluent in English. Assuming the main vocalist and main rapper are talented, the group will have the skills, concept and communication ability to instantly go world-wide (the West generally cares if a singing group can sing, including idols).

Ultimately, the biggest question is whether the music production will match the brilliance of the member selection. If TBL manages to produce quality songs for TBLNGG then the group's dominance is almost guaranteed. If TBL doesn't, the downside of the concept and such a powerful lineup will become clear: it's hard to maintain an elite, high-class and expensive concept when you are flopping.

Update:

Ella is signed to TBL but Bailey isn't officially. For them to make the same move at about the same time can't be a coincidence. I would consider both Ella and Bailey to be almost confirmed members at this point.

Update 2:

Annie Moon and Bailey Sok received GLYF (Somi's highligher brand) and posted it on their insta. This is their only interaction I'm aware of, so I would consider this almost confirmation that Annie (and Bailey) will be in TBLGG.

Earlier evidence for Bailey and Ella:

TBL has been able to attract a lot of instagramers and influencers.

Talent-wise we do not really know yet. The choreo girl might just be doing their choreo and not in the group.

YGE has been lazy. They have had years and years to look for and reserve great songs for BM, but it seems like they really dropped the ball in this area.

Come on.

Getting Bailey Sok alone is insane. Most didn't even think that was possible for any agency. They would immediately have one of the best dancers (and in-group choreographers) in kpop history, male or female.

Ella is a internationally well known and successful name in modelling who is perfect for the maknae 'position'.

Getting an actual chaebol into the group is also incredible. To get enough faith from the girl and family so that they support the move is extremely impressive and hasn't been done before (for a genuine chaebol), as far as I'm aware. She would be a perfect fit for a high-class expensive concept (which will definitely be the concept with Teddy at the helm), granting instant credibility, like they are not just acting the role.

These are the most likely members at this point, with the most supporting evidence. If they can get Bailey as the main dancer, who are they getting for the main vocal position?

TBL seems to have the pick of the litter.