Posts by hammerstan

I can't remember why we're not supposed to like him so I'm assuming it's probably for a reason I didn't really care much about in the first place. That said, the hook sounds amazing and maybe Charlie and JK are remembering that rather disastrous awards show performance and they are seeking to restore their honor. :teeheek:

BTS and Puth had a not great performance together in the past, so a bunch of Armys put the blame on Puth to defend BTS. They then dragged Puth by coming up with anything they could to discredit him out of spite, as they do. Some of it stuck in the back of stans' minds.

Actually you know what? Why can't members do solo concerts as well? If they negotiate a full album for themselves after renewing.

Also hammerstan is somi doing a concert anytime soon? how many songs does she have? :eyes:

She only has 8 songs ( + maybe 2-4 more with her next comeback), so probably no concert, but she might open for BP. That could be her "crazy news".

"Teddy is doing some interesting stuff with his own company and should debut a new girl group of his own in a few years with Ella Gross"

The group will probably be sooner than that. Waiting on Ella would take about 4 years due to her age and skill level. The current trainees that they intentionally showed on "I Am Somi" (last December) seemed to be around 16-20, not even close to 13.

Combine that with the fact that Blackpink's former main stylist joined TBL recently... to only style Somi, and maybe ZionT for the next 4 years... I don't think so.

Also, Somi keeps mentioning "crazy news" since the end of last year, and she just said that it still will not be revealed soon (so probably 2-6 months away, going by Teddy time). It might simply be a tour or big collab (maybe BP) that will come with her next comeback, or it could have something to do with the new group. Whatever it is, it's been in development for over 6 months.

"Black Label completely erasing their ig feed and starting new and likely branching out separate from yg in future."

They also changed all the YT thumbnails to alter the logo and had a company party at about the same time. It does have the feeling of "starting new", but probably not in a way that separates them from YG completely. It would be a bit awkward considering that they just moved into the old YG building.

"So During that contract renewal talks, the members will have to decide if they want to continue working with teddy and blacklabel..."

If Teddy thought there was any chance of BP leaving then he would definitely be preparing a new GG for next year, just in case.

Are Izone girls doing great. Definitely.

Outdid IOI? debatable.

Izone is clearly dominating with their post-disbandment groups, even taking into account the growth of kpop.

Ive and Lesserafim are very successful rookie groups so far, with sale/stream numbers close to Aespa.

Yena, Yuri and Eunbi have also done well as soloists, with good sales.

IOI clearly has the strongest individual artists.

Chungha had a couple huge hits and many major music awards.

Sejeong had a solo hit + some music awards, and is one of the most successful drama and variety actors right now + some acting awards. Also has a large number of brand deals.

Somi had a hit last year + a few awards, has the #2 most streamed kpop female solo album on Spotify (between Lisa and Rose), and I think is second only to IU in the number of major brand deals this year so far (and is probably one of the richest idols for her age, not counting family money).

All the rest of the girls are still in entertainment, and most have successful careers after 6 years (mostly acting).

The Wanna One boys are OK. Kang Daniel is doing great though.

X1... they probably could have been huge if not for the scandal.

In Korea Wonyoung is currently more poplar, but worldwide it's similar.

SomiWon.jpg

SomiWon2.jpg

I'm literally a huge Somi fan and Somi is big but let's not pretend it's been all smooth sailing. Following her departure from JYP, you saw a huge decline in popularity and I think a lot of her own fandom wasn't on board with her being a soloist until WYWF and her popularity in Korea only came after DD.

Not to mention, Kang Daniel was the undeniable #1 it boy for his entirety in Wanna One, like he was everywhere. Post- Wanna One, hes still relatively popular but nowhere near being an it boy. Wonyoung was one of the popular member of Izone but only has become the undeniable it girl now with IVE and we have to see how her career goes. Somi on the other hand has always been pretty popular but her general popularity kind of fluctuates and even when her popularity was doing well, I dont think I can pick out a real time frame and say "this is when Somi was the top it girl."

I think Somi has more brand deals, Somi and Wonyoung have similar insta engagement (despite Somi using it less) and Somi's MVs generally get more likes than Ive's (despite Somi releasing music, and all other content, once in a blue moon), so I'm not sure in what way Wonyoung is clearly more of an 'it' girl than Somi at the moment.

Stans talk about Wonyoung more because stans are more interested in the competition between groups than soloists. Just imagine if Somi started her own group (21 is a normal age for the leader of a debut group)... but that would get in the way of her relaxing yet lucrative schedule. Somi is a strange combination of a young idol early in her career and a veteran idol that is focused on things other than being an idol.

Yes that’s the big thing that separates wy from other produce center, she’s entering her prime AFTER Izone not during like Somi Kang Daniel

I see your point, but Somi is bigger now than during IOI.

-8 brand deals in the last 5 months, mostly for big international brands.

-Won best performance, and best solo artist at the Golden Disk Awards and First Brand Awards (advertisers pay attention to this one), respectively.

-Dumb Dumb was a hit with 128M YT views (2.9M likes), 8th on the Korean charts and her album also got onto the main Billboard charts.

-Spotify single streams that are similar to the other top solo artists, like IU.

-Somi's social media numbers are some of the best in the industry (except for BTS and BP, of course).

Somi commenting on all the members accounts.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's amazing to me how ifans underestimate Somi so much and her brand is still powerful in SK. Charts sometimes indicate gp popularity, but even without songs charting high (only Dumb Dumb is a hit) the public still know Somi.

and Somi gets these big CFs when she only releases once a year, hasn't done any dramas/film and rarely does variety.

Perfect for Teddy.

No wonder he chose her as the only idol on his label so far.