BABYMONSTER ripped and destroyed M Countdown stage with hand mics!!

• the talented monsters indeed :evil:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

• Definitely partially live, but I was hoping for more raw vocals with a quieter backing track.

Still, an improvement over the trend for 100% lip syncing recently. You can see how having live elements increases the energy on stage and the connection with the audience.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• nah look at 1.04 and 2.17 they obviously had backtrack

Edit: they were still really good tho. Thought they were going 100% live with yg's bragging

• definitely had backtrack, like its so easy to tell... YG really likes to showoff their vocals but i notice i havent seen them dance intensely yet? are they being marketed as a ballad group?

• nah look at 1.04 and 2.17 they obviously had backtrack

Edit: they were still really good tho. Thought they were going 100% live with yg's bragging

The 8K version is more raw. Backing track, but I don't think they cleaned up the vocals. More like a live concert performance with backing track.

• in all honesty only the rap parts sounded pure live for

they did really well given the current situation of kpop

my problem with this group is their cringey facial expressiosn. They're too young

• The 8K version is more raw. Backing track, but I don't think they cleaned up the vocals. More like a live concert performance with backing track.

I know the girls are talented and I'm sure they can handle 100% live.

It just that my expectation was high because of yg.

Well, I cant wait for the encore

• in all honestly only the rap parts sounded pure live for

they did really well given the current situation of kpop

my problem with this group is their cringey facial expressiosn. They're too young

Oh yeah same. They sneer too much for my liking, especially ciquita ahyeon and rami. Asa is the only natural imo

• guys remember it's a concept so they need to do those facial expressions, all 7 of them

so if someone doesn't suit it well in your opinion it's not their fault

• Definitely partially live, but I was hoping for more raw vocals with a quieter backing track.

Still, an improvement over the trend for 100% lip syncing recently. You can see how having live elements increases the energy on stage and the connection with the audience.

I didn't want to say it since fans will usually fight you

I watched this live on stream because I had high hopes after they pre-announced they would be doing a hand mic performance and their radio lives have been amazing. Pretty disappointed to be hearing mostly backtrack. The mics are clearly on since theres a few times with clear double layers in the vocals and the girls actually having facial expression changes while singing harder parts but it's disappointing the company (or MCD?) made a decision to not take any risks and make it hard to hear them.

• The only crazy thing about yg shitty media play is how people keep falling for it, is either because of stupidity or desperation.

Allowing your talent to shine isnt mediaplay LOL

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• People need to learn something. There's nothing wrong with backtrack, 99% of the musicians use it, not only in Kpop. The problem is when they use it even when they don't dance. Real vocalists only use backtrack for the harder dance parts. Not to mention, this is still a Music Show, and they have to shoot this early in the morning.

I'm pretty sure, most of you will agree with me when I say: This should be the standard, BUT there is one problem with this, and that's YG. He's trying hard to prove the girls can sing live, but everyone knows that already. He should give them better songs. He literally wasted a live band and talented girls on a lame song. I can't understand why he doesn't let them perform the other songs as well. I mean, other groups and Idols usually promote 2 songs.

For this performance, "Like That" would've been better, not a cringe hip hop song. Babymonster would've won already with "Like That" I'm 100% sure. Wonder if YG will ever realize that Koreans are got bored with the same YG hip hop style.

I know people don't like me being too negative, but I just want better music for BM, because I know they can do much better. Songs like this one, don't do justice to their talents.

• I agree they need better music, but this was clearly a successful promotional move, considering the views.

• They can try in their next comeback hoping yg give them good songs though so they can win.

actually they were very close to win today in M Countdown

and are in 'pole position' to win next week

• I think 90% of the stage were live, their charisma is very good. I liked the live performances. There are excuse makers as always. You said the song was bad, you said it couldn't enter Melon, but you were all wrong, Baemon did successful. The song is not bad pretty addictive. They will be even more successful in future the song where they give a more catchy and wordy chorus. This is just the beginning for Babymonster. There will be an encore next week. At that time, I hope you will not resort to excuses and at least congratulate them.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!