Soyou & Hyoyeon call out newbie for Being arrogant

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

โœฉWe Born with the X-Geneโœฉ

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• why tf would you go out of your way to greet someone you dont know ?

its one thing if you see them regularly but these people are strangers

itโ€™s normal in South Korea for whatever reason

โœงโ€งหšโŠน ๏ฝกหšloona,aespa,billlie,iveโœงโ€งหšโŠน ๏ฝกหš

• why tf would you go out of your way to greet someone you dont know ?

its one thing if you see them regularly but these people are strangers

maybe because it's in their culture

and even it's the basic thing to do in your work environment to greet someone even if you don't know them especially if you make an eye contact, it would be akward to not greet someone who's higher in the hierarchy '-'

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• maybe because it's in their culture

and even it's the basic thing to do in your work environment to greet someone even if you don't know them especially if you make an eye contact, it would be akward to not greet someone who's higher in the hierarchy '-'

depends what work environment you mean

there's people you see everyday, your "colleagues" "classmates" whatever

sure you should start greeting them at some point

but this is different

you're going up to a stage to perform

you are not "obliged" to look at everyone else

you already have enough on your mind to focus on and those people are not and will not ever be a part of your life

that said, its not a bad thing to acknowledge their existence or go talk to them but having to greet them after eye contact?

why ?

what great creature are you to deserve this? Who decides you are "higher" in hierarchy? Hierarchies are trash unless they actually help a system's functioning. Many hierarchies are just power abuse and free ego boost.

it is their choice who when or why they choose to greet

all of the above was a reply to my general thought in this matter

now i know its a culture in SK so yeah it makes sense that its the "norm" there but still, people are allowed to be more busy with their own lives than others

I dont see how this is worth anything pointing out on television

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I really dislike seniority culture, Iโ€™m sorry. Like it ainโ€™t that serious

I think itโ€™s also a case of shyness/nervousness, cuz most people wouldnโ€™t look at a SNSD member & not want to greet them out of malice

• i'm not going to read all of this

and i'm sorry but when you know that you'll work in area where you need to have good relationship with your coworker because you might see them in variety show, music broadcast show etc.... for years the least you can do is greet them '-'

• i'm not going to read all of this

and i'm sorry but when you know that you'll work in area where you need to have good relationship with your coworker because you might see them in variety show, music broadcast show etc.... for years the least you can do is greet them '-'

dude years?

most "newbies" have never met SNSD or Sistar in person

probably never will

its one thing if they dont greet the people they meet everyday

this is different

if they want to be greeted so bad, why not go ahead and greet them first?

im not against greeting anyone, i am against sitting and expecting free validation

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• she's doing that again? I love girls generation but considering her past the only one who is coming off arrogant for bringing this up is herself lol if you're likeable you don't need to call out people for them to greet you

• Many outgoing people think that shy, quiet people are arrogant just because they dont look or greet them. Ive been both the person that take that as offense and the person that offended.

There are many reasons for that to happen. It may be arrogance, but most of the time I think its all about being shy, insecure, or just being oblivious to a situation or having shitty eyesight. Anxiety also plays a lot.

Being offended about it tells more about how insecure the person is imo. Sure is great to acknowledge your seniors and be humble, but I also think it would be nice of them to show support to the rookies. Humility goes both ways. She didnt seem mad or angry, just upset. I understand why Hyo and Soyou felt like that but two wrongs dont make one right.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• stans about to check who was promoting same time as hyoyeon in music shows pepe-ooh

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lordโ€™s prayer:

Nรฆvis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Letโ€™s meet surely after the resurrection.

ร†men

:pepe-pray:

• This is the kind of thing that needs to die in SK.

You should definitely be respectful to everyone, but the whole hierarchy thing is one of the most toxic traits in that culture.

Even most Koreans hate it, but still participate in it because they were forced to do it themselves. Hyoyeon and Soyou were probably forced to do this as juniors, and now that they have reached a level of seniority, they want pay back.

That's how vicious cycles like this keep going on for generations. The US is trash for it's own reasons, but this is one thing I am happy I don't have to participate in.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Yeah SNSD and others have mentioned groups who came after them arenโ€™t as open as they were. Itโ€™s not a case of sucking up to seniors by visiting them, though there is an element to it, SNSD have said in even during their peak that if they simply walked down a hall during music show recording other groups would deliberately avoid them (no eye contact, no greeting, etc). Thatโ€™s just lack of basic manners no matter where you are in the world

It might be a bigger cultural thing over there but I bet a most people would side eye anyone that did similar thing in work environments or when visiting somewhere. Imagine youโ€™re at work and a colleague you try to talk to doesnโ€™t even acknowledge you or blanks you, of course youโ€™d think theyโ€™re stuck up or a dick. Or if your at a shop and an assistant doesnโ€™t help and instead keeps away (I used to do that when I worked in retail lol, some people were crazy to deal with early in morning).

• maybe because it's in their culture

i heard the younger generation is not following the culture and hierarchy that much so this make sense and is for the best, a lot of bullying in korea is because their hierarchy, the seniors are just used to something else

Times are changing, maybe is time for some things to stay in the past, age hierarchy is definitely one of them.

• NGL 2nd gen idols who drag the younger people give me too much boomer energy

The whole greeting thing is weird

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They need to accept that times are changing. I feel bad they were subjected to the hierarchy but they can't continue to enforce it themselves. SK people are tired of it and want it to end.

• Just to be the devils advocate (im not korean so take it with the smallest grain of salt) but likeโ€ฆโ€ฆ. Shes not talking about randoms on the street.

I walk around and normally mind my business out in the world and keep my head down or mindlessly walk without REALLY looking at people, but if Iโ€™m in a setting where people are recognizable or if i was walking around my headquarters of the company i work for or whatever, iโ€™d make sure iโ€™m alert to the people iโ€™m surrounded by and if i do recognize them then i would definitely be respectful to them and do the american greeting of a head nod and a smile at the least.

HOWEVER hyoyeon, dont assume everyone knows what you look like. LBR, her appearance has changed drastically and not everyone knows the SNSD members individually

Like isnt she a little arrogant for thinking shes so famous?

'*โ€ข.ยธโ™ก NewJeans โ™กยธ.โ€ข*'

all this time. . . .๏ฝก๏ฝฅ:*หš:โœง๏ฝก

• i think in this situation she is talking about during music shows, usually when senior artists promote in music shows juniors will visit the waiting room to greet them.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lordโ€™s prayer:

Nรฆvis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Letโ€™s meet surely after the resurrection.

ร†men

:pepe-pray:

• Yas drag them queens. This isnt the first time Hyoyeon has bought this up.

Looking at how many bullies have been exposed among newer gens im not surprise that they think they are something and cant say hi

• i think in this situation she is talking about during music shows, usually when senior artists promote in music shows juniors will visit the waiting room to greet them.

Ah yes, I've watched this somewhere, where a rookie would visit and greet the senior groups from room to room when promoting in the same show or attending the same event/concert.

• Most of the time, it's just out of shyness and anxiety that people tend to not greet others. Not because they're arrogant or anything. Times are changing, so considering how these 2nd gen are barely in their 30s, I thought they would be more understanding.

๐๐“๐’ โ™ก ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐ค โ™ก ๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Meh no ones obligated to bow to u

these power trips some elders have in asian countries is just because of this bs culture

I agree, it's nonsense. Literally someone could be born one second ahead of you and you gotta bow obsequiously before them for your whole life? :pepenomad:

• I agree, it's nonsense. Literally someone could be born one second ahead of you and you gotta bow obsequiously before them for your whole life? :pepenomad:

in the idol industy you can be born earlier but since you have to train hard for several years. another girl who debute after a few days training can be you senior. this hierachy and put people in box stuff can get really complicated... :pepe-bonk:

• and then when you greet them and they look at you like gum on the bottom of their shoes like i'm sure 80% of 2nd gen idols do for 4th gen ones, what then uh lol not the first time hyo brings this up, like get over it sis

• 100% agree with Hyoyeon.

Not only is it embedded into SK culture to respect seniority AND hierarchy but many of these new girl groups wouldnโ€™t even exists if it wasnโ€™t for the groundwork and impact set by SNSD and other 2nd gen groups.

A quick bow and greet is the very least they can do as it takes five seconds.

It is even more disrespectful considering the fact that in music shows rookie acts usually perform in the beginning of the show but have to wait until the winner is announced at the end, so they have all the time in the world to go and visit their seniors and greet them.

• maybe I'm out of the loop, but if I'm in a place it's polite to say hello to people who you pass by, even if you don't know them...

But I guess that it's a question of seniority since this is SK...

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!