Anyone else here who thinks IVE is overrated and overhyped?

• Frankly, IVE is not in the top tier in any category. Vocals; they barely sings live and when they do it sounds horrible. Their main vocals, Yujin and Liz, have lovely voices but in terms of singing they won't even make it as main vocals if they had debuted in the 2nd gen. Dancing; their dancing skills are just so-so and they also have problems with synchronicity and lazy dancing. They also don't have a good enough dancer to be called a main dancer. Visuals; they're effin beautiful but there are tons of groups in the 4th gen with higher or at least same group visual level as them. Just off the top of my head there're STAYC, woo!ah!, MAJORS, ICHILLIN', Weeekly, Fromis_9, ALICE. Songs; though their songs have catchy hooks they are also bland and vocally unimpressive. Though I do concede that Rei is a good rapper. Contents; I've watched all of their contents on their channel and it's just really flat, awkward, and kinda plastic.

I'm happy for them that they are successful but it's curious what really catches the attention of kpop fans. Obviously it's not always talent.

• It comes along having good songs and they can pull those good songs on their own level without looking bored or out of place.

Idc about content bc I don't really watch kpop content like that

• They have good vocal colors and charismatic members so it makes sense. Their concept also feels natural to them. I feel like some people are suprised ive is liked, only because they aren't from big 4

• Ive is def one of the more visual 4th gen ggs. Out of all the ggs you listed there I still find IVE to be more visual, but that's not even the main point.

Their music so far is some of the best and I really enjoy it, if I wasn't in my not really into stanning a new group phase rn I would have stanned them with a heartbeat.

Not only that, Wonyoung and Yujin's stage presence is really good.

With their music alone I would not call them overrated/overhyped. So far, they have one of the best discographies for a 4th gen gg, I hope to see a mini album from them soon.

• best music, thats all i care about, their dancing is fine and nobody is lazy wtf are you speaking, they have good stage presence too, everything above is more than enough, especially the music

• i think having songs who can reach most people and don't focus on a niche in term of music by doing very "generic" pop song is what works the best for them and for what they are like for.

having great songs kinda balance their lack of impressive talent

but i wouldn't call them overrated or overhyped because i never see people claim Liz as the best vocalist in kpop or yunjin as the best dancer kpop ever had

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Maybe a little, the girls are very likeable and the songs they have put out have been very good so for right now they are on a high.

I may lose a little interest for that comeback when they release a track I don't vibe with but until then i'm on the IVE train

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• The thing you don't understand is that IVE is talented. Sure, they aren't "the most" talented, but that's fine. If the members can sing or dance and put on a good performance and have good music, then that's enough.

Some of you guys are a little bit too obsessed with "the most" this or "the best" that, and that's why you can't fathom that other people can like stuff without it being the #1 at everything. That's why you guys are called success stans. I don't know why either, maybe it's for bragging rights or something? The same type of people who watch survival shows and root for the kids who can sing and dance the best but have no visuals or charms and then get mad when they lack the votes to pass into the finals.

Aespa and Nmixx have some of the best vocals among the 4th gen, and do I care about them? No. Because I don't like their songs and I don't find any of the members interesting. That's just my preference. If you don't like IVE because you think they lack stand-out talents that can be touted as "the best" this or "the best" that, and used to battle with other groups like some idol game of pokemon, then that's just you and your preference. Just don't expect everyone else to fall into the same line.

• The thing you don't understand is that IVE is talented, even if they aren't "the most" talented, and that's fine. If your members can sing or dance and put on a good performance and have good music, then that's enough.

Some of you guys are a little bit too obsessed with "the most" this or "the best" that, and that's why you can't fathom that other people can like stuff without it being the #1 at everything. That's why you guys are called success stans. I don't know why either, maybe it's for bragging rights or something?

Aespa and Nmixx have some of the best vocals among the 4th gen, and do I care about them? No. Because I don't like their songs and I don't find any of the members interesting. That's just my preference. If you don't like IVE because you think they lack stand-out talents that can be touted as "the best" this or "the best" that, and used to battle with other groups like some idol game of pokemon, then that's just you are your preference. Just don't expect everyone else to fall into the same line.

ate and left no crumbs

• The thing you don't understand is that IVE is talented, even if they aren't "the most" talented, and that's fine. If the members can sing or dance and put on a good performance and have good music, then that's enough.

Some of you guys are a little bit too obsessed with "the most" this or "the best" that, and that's why you can't fathom that other people can like stuff without it being the #1 at everything. That's why you guys are called success stans. I don't know why either, maybe it's for bragging rights or something? The same type of people who watch survival shows and they root for the kids who can sing and dance the best but have no visuals or charms and then get mad when they lack the votes to pass into the finals.

Aespa and Nmixx have some of the best vocals among the 4th gen, and do I care about them? No. Because I don't like their songs and I don't find any of the members interesting. That's just my preference. If you don't like IVE because you think they lack stand-out talents that can be touted as "the best" this or "the best" that, and used to battle with other groups like some idol game of pokemon, then that's just you are your preference. Just don't expect everyone else to fall into the same line.

On point! :legend-bee:

• what makes a group overrated or overhyped? FANS. If you want to blame someone then blame fans. Why blame idols? Kpop is not only about talent or whatever. Otherwise blackpink would not be the top gg when red velvet has amazing discography, talented main vocalist and main dancer. You need marketing like blackpink they always have scandals which keeps them in news. There fans care more about scandals and their meetings with western celebrities. Most people are sheeps and will follow what is popular without using their brain.

• what makes a group overrated or overhyped? FANS. If you want to blame someone then blame fans. Why blame idols? Kpop is not only about talent or whatever. Otherwise blackpink would not be the top gg when red velvet has amazing discography, talented main vocalist and main dancer. You need marketing like blackpink they always have scandals which keeps them in news. There fans care more about scandals and their meetings with western celebrities. Most people are sheeps and will follow what is popular without using their brain.

And you're also a sheep since you keep bringing up bp everywhere even when they're not mentioned. Better support Rv's songs rather than obsessing over bp :pepe-toast:

• a burner account to drag them

oh they gonna get bigger :yesr:

• if you are wondering why they got so popular, maybe simply because they had a different vibes from the rookies at that time? I also think that starship do a good job when creating and promoting their debut, like the photos and video teasers. I myself still thinks that IVE had the best group teaser (Have What We Want), and the member introduction videos (Show What I have). Their "Eleven" was also controversial because you either love or hate the tempo change (I myself got hooked by that part, and loved it).

Furthermore, some members had their viral moments, like that Leeseo's zoom cam, Liz's stable sings even when she cried, or Rei's gyaru pose. They also literally got two members (Yujin and Wonyoung) as the MCs of music shows. So it can be said that they are popular.

For the Love Dive anticipation, it was because people didn't know what kind of music that they would bring. And since Eleven got so many achievements, some dives kinda got worried if love dive turns out to be a bad song but alas, it got the same magic as Eleven. Even Love Dive was having a good fight against Still Life in the charts, despite their fandom power differences. Love Dive's magic was also shown when they were performing in the kpopflex and the huge crowd were singing the full chorus.
    (I personally prefer Royal, because it shows more about the member's color, but I understand about why Love Dive is the chosen title track).

And for the GP appeal, it maybe because they had a good songs (for the GP taste) and viral moments.
    (and maybe their concept too, because for some reason, there are many children and teens that love them and it makes their parent or guardian acknowledge them too).

Also, the thing that makes them standout is they are 5 month rookie at that time. So... yeah.

• They're not overrated. Everyone knows their main dancer and main vocal (whoever they are) aren't the best in their field.

People like them for their music. Their songs are all bops and their choreographies are visually pleasing.

• Frankly, IVE is not in the top tier in any category. Vocals; they barely sings live and when they do it sounds horrible. Their main vocals, Yujin and Liz, have lovely voices but in terms of singing they won't even make it as main vocals if they had debuted in the 2nd gen. Dancing; their dancing skills are just so-so and they also have problems with synchronicity and lazy dancing. They also don't have a good enough dancer to be called a main dancer. Visuals; they're effin beautiful but there are tons of groups in the 4th gen with higher or at least same group visual level as them. Just off the top of my head there're STAYC, woo!ah!, MAJORS, ICHILLIN', Weeekly, Fromis_9, ALICE. Songs; though their songs have catchy hooks they are also bland and vocally unimpressive. Though I do concede that Rei is a good rapper. Contents; I've watched all of their contents on their channel and it's just really flat, awkward, and kinda plastic.

I'm happy for them that they are successful but it's curious what really catches the attention of kpop fans. Obviously it's not always talent.

come and say that on your main

• This thread contains 36 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!