The way onces treat Chaeyoung rub me the wrong way

• I’m not saying become her Stan but the way they act like she didn’t get the worst treatment is wild. I love all of them but I always see mistreatment hashtags for all except her. When she got a sec line in DNTA they laughed and said don’t worry. When tzuyu or Mina got like 13 secs they made hashtags.They got mad when she had one photo shoot too. They use her for ships and weird fantasies. At this point I don’t think she’s staying in Twice because how the fandom and Jype treated her over the years. I honestly don’t want her in the group no more. I think if they didn’t ruin her confidence during page 2 era she would’ve been a better rapper and wouldn’t get shy. In sixteen she was the only one who was mostly on the major team and she had a lot of confidence. I am once but this fandom seems to only like members based off of appearances.

• :pepe-hips: Nothing wrong with being a Michaeng shipper. Even Sana openly hinting at them.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• “I am once but this fandom seems to only like members based off of appearances.”

Welcome to kpop, where that philosophy applies 99% of the time lol. There are very few instances where the visuals in the group don’t end up being the most popular / well known / having the largest fanbase simply bc of their face so 😔

• Most big OT9 fanbases don't care about mistreatment or whatever. Hell, they don't even support their individual activities much. Chaeyoung has the smallest fandom in TWICE so they really can't throw tantrums at every little thing like Tzuyu akgaes. It doesn't even work either.

Also one thing I don't understand about y'all is your misconception that TWICE members lack confidence. Like where did you pull that from? Girlies have no problem performing in front of thousands of people for hours straight and y'all think they have confidence issues. Chaeyoung is one of the members who has never sit out any of the performances, be it for any reason. She is the most consistent member of Twice.

And about the shipping fantasy, not to push this on the girls but Chaeyoung and Mina do mention each other a lot and at every occasion lol. Such issues are present in every popular group so that's not a problem as long as the shipping doesn't reach the girls, which it hasn't.

• And about the shipping fantasy, not to push this on the girls but Chaeyoung and Mina do mention each other a lot and at every occasion lol. Such issues are present in every popular group so that's not a problem as long as the shipping doesn't reach the girls, which it hasn't.

Michaeng is clearly pushed a lot by the company. It isn't their fault, that is just the way K pop is. The girls just treat it as a laugh, but sadly some of their fans take it so seriously. When it was revealed Chaeyoung had a boyfriend and all these fans were like "No, she is definitely a lesbian" it was just embarrassing. But it is just a vocal minority. People like that are always the loudest!

• “I am once but this fandom seems to only like members based off of appearances.”

Welcome to kpop, where that philosophy applies 99% of the time lol. There are very few instances where the visuals in the group don’t end up being the most popular / well known / having the largest fanbase simply bc of their face so 😔

and even if the visual isn't the most popular it's very rare that they'll be the least popular one the in group

• I’m not saying become her Stan but the way they act like she didn’t get the worst treatment is wild. I love all of them but I always see mistreatment hashtags for all except her. When she got a sec line in DNTA they laughed and said don’t worry. When tzuyu or Mina got like 13 secs they made hashtags.They got mad when she had one photo shoot too. They use her for ships and weird fantasies. At this point I don’t think she’s staying in Twice because how the fandom and Jype treated her over the years. I honestly don’t want her in the group no more. I think if they didn’t ruin her confidence during page 2 era she would’ve been a better rapper and wouldn’t get shy. In sixteen she was the only one who was mostly on the major team and she had a lot of confidence. I am once but this fandom seems to only like members based off of appearances.

visual always win

welcome to kpop my friend

• Michaeng is clearly pushed a lot by the company. It isn't their fault, that is just the way K pop is. The girls just treat it as a laugh, but sadly some of their fans take it so seriously. When it was revealed Chaeyoung had a boyfriend and all these fans were like "No, she is definitely a lesbian" it was just embarrassing. But it is just a vocal minority. People like that are always the loudest!

No reason for the company to push MiChaeng.

• there is no worst treatment. i'm not into this game of "this member has it so much worse than the others!!" that's some akgae shit

all of them have limited solo work that's only recently started ramping up. the line distribution has never been even in title tracks. i'm not saying chaeyoung hasn't been treated unfairly, but literally none of them have been always treated fairly. and members with the bigger fandoms are going to be louder, but that doesn't mean nobody cares about chaeyoung.

if she leaves twice, it has nothing to do with the way onces "treat her" but everything to do with the way jype has treated all of them

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• i'm just hoping for JYP to use her full potential

she had so much potential during sixteen and she used to look like a star

but she kinda fades away in Twice and she had to muzzle her talent and style to fit into Twice girly concept

so i hope JYP give her the opportunity to do a solo with a more carefree, rebellious hip hop concept

i want to see the Chaeyoung full of attitude of sixteen again

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Of course there is, they know fans like it. I'm not doubting their friendship, but no denying it is pushed as a ship too.

No, it is not. No ship in TWICE is pushed. The girls are all naturally close. We have literally no unit shoot, performance stage, sub unit song, literally nothing that could be perceived as a push by the company. It isn't even TWICE's most popular ship. They just have a rabid fandom for some reason, mainly due to Mina and Chaeyoung constantly mentioning each other. The biggest thing is that they have been like this since debut, way before their ship got this popular. There is nothing else that supports your claim.

• So are you implying that Chaeyoung is not good looking? :whatb:

I think they're saying if Chaeyoung looked like Nayeon or Mina, she will be on every best rapper list and would be praised for her songwriting more like other idols.

• No, it is not. No ship in TWICE is pushed. The girls are all naturally close. We have literally no unit shoot, performance stage, sub unit song, literally nothing that could be perceived as a push by the company. It isn't even TWICE's most popular ship. They just have a rabid fandom for some reason, mainly due to Mina and Chaeyoung constantly mentioning each other. The biggest thing is that they have been like this since debut, way before their ship got this popular. There is nothing else that supports your claim.

Why are you getting annoyed about this? I never said they aren't close, it's clear to me that Twice are all good friends. That doesn't stop a company or the girls themselves playing up to it. Chaeyoung even said "the michaeng that you love" so of course they are aware.

• In my rush to defend Michaeng, i forgot to mention something more relevant to Chae's future career...

She spent a lot of time with Black Label acts this past year, including Somi and Rose. Remember her fancy lunch with Rose at that exclusive Italian restaurant? If Twice doesnt renew, I would not be surprised if she ended up at the Black Label eventually, maybe learning how to make her own music with 24, Vince, R Tee and the rest of the producers there.

External Content twitter.com

• I think to me, it's clear rapping is not her passion. She also to me is not a very competitive person. She looks content and happy at where she is. I don't think she wants more lines.

• Onces are just like any other fandom tbh.

They go hard for their own biases, and the members with the most individual fans have the loudest representation because they have the most people. True OT9 fans who ride hard for each member are rare, few, and far between. It does suck that members with smaller fandoms don't get as much attention or support, but at the end of the day, it is up to JYPE.

I have seen so many email campaigns addressed to JYPE about members, I can't even count, but only some of those issues ever get addressed. Probably because a lot of those complaints are based on the fans interpretations as well as what THEY want versus the member. But, there are some occasions where I think JYPE did really pay them dirt.

That's just my interpretation though. We'll see the members' true feelings and thoughts once contract renewals are announced.

Chaeyoung is very under utilized in her solo endeavors, but I'd say her and Dahyun have been getting their fair share of lines since Feel Special. And Chaeyoung and Jihyo have had more of the songs included on Twice albums than any other members. Chae has also has not only a MelPro but her and Dahyun also had their unit cover of JYP's song. So, it's not like she hasn't gotten any individual attention in the last couple of years.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I think to me, it's clear rapping is not her passion. She also to me is not a very competitive person. She looks content and happy at where she is. I don't think she wants more lines.

That's funny because on Sixteen she seemed very passionate about rapping. She wrote her own rap for starters and also looked genuinely so happy when JYP complimented her photoshoot, saying she started to feel/look like a real rapper

• In my rush to defend Michaeng, i forgot to mention something more relevant to Chae's future career...

She spent a lot of time with Black Label acts this past year, including Somi and Rose. Remember her fancy lunch with Rose at that exclusive Italian restaurant? If Twice doesnt renew, I would not be surprised if she ended up at the Black Label eventually, maybe learning how to make her own music with 24, Vince, R Tee and the rest of the producers there.

External Content twitter.com

That is one wild conspiracy :pepe-cross:

• I think they're saying if Chaeyoung looked like Nayeon or Mina, she will be on every best rapper list and would be praised for her songwriting more like other idols.

Minyoung didnt make it cuz she suc

:boredr::boredr::boredr:

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Most big OT9 fanbases don't care about mistreatment or whatever. Hell, they don't even support their individual activities much. Chaeyoung has the smallest fandom in TWICE so they really can't throw tantrums at every little thing like Tzuyu akgaes. It doesn't even work either.

Also one thing I don't understand about y'all is your misconception that TWICE members lack confidence. Like where did you pull that from? Girlies have no problem performing in front of thousands of people for hours straight and y'all think they have confidence issues. Chaeyoung is one of the members who has never sit out any of the performances, be it for any reason. She is the most consistent member of Twice.

And about the shipping fantasy, not to push this on the girls but Chaeyoung and Mina do mention each other a lot and at every occasion lol. Such issues are present in every popular group so that's not a problem as long as the shipping doesn't reach the girls, which it hasn't.

Well Chaeyoung is very noticeably the member who gets very nervous during Twice Encores but that's because of netizens, not anyone else. Despite being a rapper, she's Twice's 5th best vocalist: that's a huge feat for someone who is a rapper. Not to mention she's one of the most grounded Twice members (ie has one of the healthier/less-strained voices). She's the type that has a lot of potential.

I think to me, it's clear rapping is not her passion. She also to me is not a very competitive person. She looks content and happy at where she is. I don't think she wants more lines.

I think she's quite artistically passionate. However her artistic viewpoint may not be where the mainstream viewpoint lies. To me she has always reminded me of Wonder Girls Yubin (in her rapping + being a good vocalist ) + Yeeun (unique artistic direction).

have you heard the heavenly vocals and the rap by Minyoung in problem? She was also the (debated with Jiwon) best vocalist on the show.

Minyoung was easily the best vocalist on the show, however she struggled a lot from the transition from being a vocal student to an idol. Being an idol is quite unhealthy on the voice. You have to sing in bad condition, with a strong diet, and under a lot of pressure, especially during festivals and appearances.

Many strong vocalists flop at being idols: although their technique is good, it needs to be adaptable to many environments. It was rather common in 1st/2nd gen.

JYP realized Minyoung felt out of her element + unconfident on Sixteen, which was pretty low pressure compared to the industry. She could possibly have nervier stages at other places, and regression was almost guaranteed for her. Minyoung also got a bad edit, which sealed her lack of popularity compared to the rest. Technically was her lack of visuals related to her lack of popularity? - very likely.

JYP was technically correct in thinking Twice with Jihyo, Jeongyeon, and Nayeon would be enough in terms of stronger vocals. Twice has always been a group with good vocals, but JYP overworking them heavily took a toll on everyone's voice except for Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu [who initially didn't sing much].

JYP did not plan for Twice to get this big, so he didn't expect to have them go to every festival/performance..etc. They were everywhere in 2016. JYP's producers were also pretty inconsiderate when picking songs. Factors he had not considered.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!