I saw a video of tzuyu comforting a crying girl on a show and the context made me have x1000 respect for Twice.

• This video showed up on my tl.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The clip was from this segment.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was confused and now I know the context, the way Tzuyu was soothing the kid holding her hand and rubbing her back. It made me tear tf up. Jeongyeon made me proud she didn't hold back with her disapproval of the mums actions and appreciated her lyrics and all 3 girls said it was a concern.

In sk it's extremely difficult to talk against your parents even if they are downright abusive. I feel it's the same in most conservative countries aswell. Parents are God. Plus idols are supposed to sell the perfect gf/daughter in law image. I'm proud of the way Sana, tzuyu and jeongyeon conducted themselves. They didn't have a problem respectfully pointing out that the mother was wrong here.

The maturity and good judgement they displayed here by both the idols and hosts. God bless their hearts. The first time I felt the hosts did a good job in handling a situation. I think its a mess inviting idols and comedians to discuss serious topics but in situations like this they got across the point without offending the parent. I still have a bone to pick with that show but this episode and the way it was handled was good.

Imo its ok for parents to be realistic but yeah the problem of parents eating away at their child's confidence like this shouldn't be excused.

Desbundar

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!