anyone else worried for yuna

• i literally gasped irl when i saw this....you can see her whole ass ribcage it's frightening

i hope she's okay she's so young too :(

• I mean I would prefer to see the video this is from before jumping to conclusions

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

out of service

• i literally gasped irl when i saw this....you can see her whole ass ribcage it's frightening

i hope she's okay she's so young too :(

I've seen her pics and understand how they can be manipulated so I'm not going to fly of the handle until I see more. I'm honestly more worried that you were browsing a thinspo Twitter account.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ye the photos have like some kind of setting that makes it look worst. Like my ribs poke out like that too when I make certain motions. When she is just standing u can't see her ribs. She is very skinny though.

• tho she looks skinny sometimes when your body move certain way the ribs look more "there"

I don't think she looks unhealthy but I can see why someone would be concerned by those pictures but on the actual video it looks way normal? idk the word

• What's that?

It's short for "thin inspo". It's any picture or media used by people to supposedly "inspire" others or themselves to be thin, normally as thin as the person in the picture.

It started with the anorexic community of Tumblr to "help" each other reach their desired (unhealthy) weight, and now it's on Twitter.

out of service

So I noticed that in your video some of the other members (Ryujin) have ribs showing too a little and I decided to look from another fancam and see if it’s the lighting.

It looks like lighting maaaaay be the reason but also they both look too thin???? Idk

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• She's fine...

Mainly because she is a member of Itzy where their Performances help tone their bodies so it's natural she would lose fat so her weight of 46kg has a high muscle count.

It is unhealthy for your ribs to show if you hardly did any exercise

• So I noticed that in your video some of the other members (Ryujin) have ribs showing too a little and I decided to look from another fancam and see if it’s the lighting.

It looks like lighting maaaaay be the reason but also they both look too thin???? Idk

The first thing I did too was try to find different lighting but wow, what a difference it makes..

Whoa, thanks for sharing. What strikes me from the vid isn't her rib cage (some people just don't carry a lot of fat there and you can see it when they flex in certain ways), but her thighs. They used to be normal/plump and now they look kind of gaunt and move differently. I mean her ribs don't look great either, but the legs are definitely different than they were before and can't be blamed on the lighting. I wonder if she's stressed now that JYP has a new girl group and ITZY is kind of plateauing.

• She's fine...

Mainly because she is a member of Itzy where their Performances help tone their bodies so it's natural she would lose fat so her weight of 46kg has a high muscle count.

It is unhealthy for your ribs to show if you hardly did any exercise

Disagree strongly. Watch the video and compare her loose, thinner than usual thighs that reveal tendons while she moves to Chaeryeong's. Chaeryeong is what a thin, but muscular woman looks like. All the girls are under the same lighting conditions and doing the same choreo, you can't blame stuff like that if only one girl looks unhealthy. Also her arms are even thinner than usual, I don't see much muscle there.

• i don't like commenting on a person's appearance, because a) we don't know what's going on bts and b) it can be hurtful to that person's perception of themselves. so honestly its best to just not speculate and support her, until there are obvious signs she's hurting herself, and in that case she has friends and family who will look after her as well, i always hope for the best for each idol <3

• A Yuna's always been really skinny.

I think these pics have been filtered with lighting to make it look way more exaggerated than it is.

I've seen the fancam.

And here's a gif.

VioletCrazyKoalabear-size_restricted.gif

Yes she's really skinny. But Yuna seems to have a body type a lot like Yoona did, who was also always really slender but not due to being unhealthy. Yoona's ribcage would show when she stretched certain directions. An old girlfriend of mine had a similar body type and her ribs would show the same and she was not unhealthy. I know that for a fact as I lived with her and knew exactly what and how much she ate.

You never know of course, but my feeling from washing her from debut is she's always been a really skinny body type, so being slender enough to show your ribcage isn't necessarily because she's not keeping healthy.

But hopefully she's doing well and isn't on some insane diet, and this is more a reflection of her natural slenderness and combo with an active vigorous dance lifestyle.

• I've seen her pics and understand how they can be manipulated so I'm not going to fly of the handle until I see more. I'm honestly more worried that you were browsing a thinspo Twitter account.

someone i know brought it up & I brought it here its that simple really

even if I were browsing it it would be none of your business so :huuh:

• Disagree strongly. Watch the video and compare her loose, thinner than usual thighs that reveal tendons while she moves to Chaeryeong's. Chaeryeong is what a thin, but muscular woman looks like. All the girls are under the same lighting conditions and doing the same choreo, you can't blame stuff like that if only one girl looks unhealthy. Also her arms are even thinner than usual, I don't see much muscle there.

Muscular and Muscle Content are different things....

If Yuna hasn't changed her eating habits when she was a trainee then it is natural that after debuting that her fat will be converted to muscle due to a massive increase of exercise.

Muscular is direct training of the muscles where the fat content has already been decreased.

Yuna's thighs were mostly fat content while it is a fact that Chaeryeong's body is more muscle content since at least 2015 when she was on Sixteen

• someone i know brought it up & I brought it here its that simple really

even if I were browsing it it would be none of your business so :huuh:

You posted it on a public site. Everyone here comments on things made public. You realize that's just like people commenting on Yuna's body in pictures whether it's any of our business or not...

• Where did you find evidence that her eating habits haven't changed? When people lose weight that's the most likely explanation, I don't see why you would rule that out. People with muscle don't have thighs that look like that. I don't see much muscle, I see loose skin, tendons, and at times, bone. It looks like she lost both fat and muscle compared to before in both her arms and legs.

Also, they debuted several years ago, I don't see why they would suddenly have a very different exercise schedule. She didn't look like this a couple months ago. In any case, if you massively up your exercise and don't change your eating habits that *isn't* healthy. Like if I'm totally sedentary I can live on 1500 calories, but if I started running 20 miles a day, that calorie intake would be extremely unhealthy.

Edit to add: this is a random fancam from last fall that illustrates my point. You can see that while she's very thin and you can sometimes see her ribs, her thighs are smooth and toned, and her arms are thin but not scary looking. The bicep muscle you see here is totally absent in the recent fancam. So you can't say that this weight loss is due to some lifestyle change that happened when she went from a trainee to an idol, she had already been an idol here for years.

External Content www.youtube.com

• i shouldn't have clicked on this thread jfc.

• Didn’t want to join this mess. But some people are smh...it’s okay to be concerned but pulling the Ed card omg. I don’t know about y’all but if people were saying weird takes about my body I would be pretty sad reminding to people that they’re skinny or should eat more is insensitive when you don’t know the full story. But okay 😐

• This thread contains 26 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!