Wonder if we’ll ever get a true cutesy girl group now

• Kinda miss the bubbly & charming aesthetics that come with it

80% of the new groups are doing something that’s somewhat close to girl crush. Not necessarily bad, but like the new Gen doesn’t really have that GG type anymore

I could see the younger HYBE GG maybe doing it

• well hybe debut txt in the middle of a hiphop hype and treasure was kinda different (for yg) to their other bgs

so maybe them, but then again both of them aim to cater to international fans most likely so yeah

I dont see sakura and chaewon gg being very cutesy even tho they probably aim them to the Japanese market, their concept will probably be elegant and feminine like izone

• idk every time i complain about there not being any cute girl groups people get upset and list a bunch of groups that aren't really cute lol

not even weeekly is cute now 🤷🏻‍♀️ i guess everyone wants to appeal internationally and they think girl crush or high teen is the only way to do it

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Maybe not in this gen, but trends always swing back around.

We probably won't get anything too cute like Super Yuppers since that tends to be niche anyway, but maybe something cute but more public friendly like Stereotype or Smiley.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Is Lightsum cute? I mean "Vanilla" felt very cute so they were kind of doing it at first.

But Vivace took a more IZ*ONE-ish direction. Wonder if they'll stick with it or do something else.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Cherry Bullet literally exists X( .

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I find Oh My Girl to have that classic cute vibe.

External Content youtu.be

• Of course there will be, what kind of question is that?

New groups will debut, younger in age and they'll likely do cute concept starting out. SES did it, SNSD did it, Twice did it, another group will do it. It's a cycle.

• I was thinking Lightsum as soon as I read the OP

Man people forget them a lot. Hope overtime they can really cement themselves and kind of find their image.

It just gets me thinking about that thread earlier comparing them to g-idle... like people are saying they don't do as well since they are "generic" and don't have stand out factors, and like... I really like Lightsum, but I see what they are saying. Always room for improvement. They are still a very fresh group so I do think they can find their footing still.

But hey I like Vanilla and I like Vivace... I think those concepts work for them, and I'd like to see what they can do in the future.

b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Man people forget them a lot. Hope overtime they can really cement themselves and kind of find their image.

It just gets me thinking about that thread earlier comparing them to g-idle... like people are saying they don't do as well since they are "generic" and don't have stand out factors, and like... I really like Lightsum, but I see what they are saying. Always room for improvement. They are still a very fresh group so I do think they can find their footing still.

But hey I like Vanilla and I like Vivace... I think those concepts work for them, and I'd like to see what they can do in the future.

I like lightsum too and hope that they get their brand out and group out there so that they can shine but unless something changes like a hit song or one of the members going viral...their current trajectory doesn't look good in comparison to their peers (and not even the big3 peers)

I liked vivace but vanilla was a tiny bit too cute for me...I did like most of their bsides though...

• To think people once complained about too many cute ggs and wished for more ''fIeRcE'' ggs

How times change.

Saturation. I remember when I thought girl crush was such a unique concept, and now look at what’s happened lol.

• I like lightsum too and hope that they get their brand out and group out there so that they can shine but unless something changes like a hit song or one of the members going viral...their current trajectory doesn't look good in comparison to their peers (and not even the big3 peers)

I liked vivace but vanilla was a tiny bit too cute for me...I did like most of their bsides though...

Yeah, I was very excited for their debut but vanilla just didnt hit right for me , they need a good song to breakout

• I like lightsum too and hope that they get their brand out and group out there so that they can shine but unless something changes like a hit song or one of the members going viral...their current trajectory doesn't look good in comparison to their peers (and not even the big3 peers)

oh for sure I found myself listening to "You, jam" a lot when it came out... but really, I was listening to that single album a lot in general haha.

Kind of getting sick of some of these groups releasing single after single so I'm hoping the next one is a mini and that it will be received well.

• oh for sure I found myself listening to "You, jam" a lot when it came out... but really, I was listening to that single album a lot in general haha.

Kind of getting sick of some of these groups releasing single after single so I'm hoping the next one is a mini and that it will be received well.

it was called a single album but had like 3 songs total

BP would have called that a mini album!!!

which groups

I WANT NAMES I TELL YA NAMES!!!!! lol

• it was called a single album but had like 3 songs total

BP would have called that a mini album!!!

which groups

I WANT NAMES I TELL YA NAMES!!!!! lol

ohhh a handful of nugus

t1419 has released nothing but singles since they debuted last year... they finally released an album this year... albeit a Japanese one, but I guess that's a step in the right direction. Hopefully they'll get a Korean mini or full album soon.

IVE. Debuted with a single and are coming back with a single. But maybe this time they'll have... 3 songs??? idk I'm hoping lol

Rocking Doll and Minimani has released two singles so far.

And there are others, but these groups are like... I guess from lower tier companies so that might be a contributing reason for single after single I'm guessing... still frustrating if you do follow these groups nonetheless haha.

• Rikika girl group seems like they will do cute/soft/innocent concept

And maybe classy too, a playful cute concept like early apink

But since these songs are just special prereleases, maybe their debut will be different

Btw woo-ah latest comeback was the perfect old school cute song, stream catch the stars!

• Not for me. I was very excited too because chowon was finally debuting. Sigh

maybe their next song will be more your liking

since you follow all the little groups do you find they release more single songs rather than albums? or minis

• Kinda miss the bubbly & charming aesthetics that come with it

80% of the new groups are doing something that’s somewhat close to girl crush. Not necessarily bad, but like the new Gen doesn’t really have that GG type anymore

I could see the younger HYBE GG maybe doing it

I miss it too

the Girl Crush concept is becoming a little much

like we need variety

I legit was going to stan Weekly

but their newest comeback has me on the bridge of " Is it Worth it?"

I hope HYBE will come through

i wanna stan more GG's

but these sounds are too much ( especially G-Idles new album...i watched Tomboy this morning...i just grabbed Eye bleach and pretend i never saw it...)

even though i wisshed for the Punk rock thing to trend on Kpop like with TXT and Enhypen cause i really enjoyed it

but i think some companies are trying too hard

I wonder how Loona will play into it :pepe-notes:

I hope some groups can incorporate their unique sounds and mix it with the rock trend

This would actually be a Really Good time for Dream Catcher to rule the roost cause they have been doing this concept

so this is their time to shine :peperun: #Dreamcatcher1stWinPLZ

• Saturation. I remember when I thought girl crush was such a unique concept, and now look at what’s happened lol.

I can agree lmao

i still enjoy it

it just needs to be unique sounds

TIME TO GETT LOONA 1/3 TO MAKE ANOTHER COMEBACK :clown::pepe-clown-gear:

YALL WANT CUTESY

GO STREAM LOONA 1/3

i promise

its worth it :pepe-flirt:

motorp77

THIS IS OUR TIME TO GET INNOCENT LOONA BACK

HI HIGH ERA NUMBER 2 LMAO :pepe-joy:

#ReveiveLoona1/3

• maybe their next song will be more your liking

since you follow all the little groups do you find they release more single songs rather than albums? or minis

Singles so far

• With queendom and the current lineup I highly doubt will see a cute loona any time soon. Maybe if they cover some GFriend songs.

We need some subunits comeback ASAP !

• Have you ever heard DreamNote? :pepemusic:

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!