Seo Shinae spoke about the Soojin bullying rumors + one bully from sj alleged iljin group apologized

• Actress Seo Shin Ae speaks up regarding her time attending middle school with (G)I-DLE's Soojin

AKP STAFF 1616725448-20210325-seoshinae.jpg

On March 26, after nearly a month of silence, child actress Seo Shin Ae has finally spoken up regarding her time attending Wawoo Middle School with (G)I-DLE's Soojin.

The actress wrote:

————————————

I don’t know but I do not think that a public actress with a career of over 10 years would lie easily about this or what do you think? I would like to stay neutral since Cube has taken this to court but this is controversy has taken quite a turn

• So basically this actress is just salty that soojin allegedly called her unpretty behind her back 10 years ago when they were kids in middle school?

Where's the school violence, physical assault, stealing, planting cigarettes and what not rumors that were spread about soojin just because of this actress's past vague cryptic posts, in the end it all comes down to "she allegedly taked behind my back and called me unpretty behind my back bla bla bla".

• So basically this actress is just salty that soojin allegedly called her unpretty behind her back 10 years ago when they were kids in middle school?

Where's the school violence, physical assault, stealing, planting cigarette etc rumors that were spread about soojin just because of this actress's past vague cryptic posts, in the end it all comes down to "she called me unpretty behind my back bla bla bla".

Verbal assault is a thing? It was the worst part when I was bullied so stop trying to be a “suck it up” person. I do not even want to talk about soojin but in general

• So from what I get from her post, this is just some petty high school shit talks that happened between teenagers. She’s clever for not mentioning SJ and kept it vague enough for people to understand her post that way, she wouldn’t get sued by Cube.

• Then the accusations should have been like this since the bbeginning and not of false school violence, Physical violence, extorting money and stealing etc

But she never said that herself? I do not get it why you use a 3rd person’s testimonies who have nothing to do with her post to invalidate her post. Yes, some accusers might have said wrong things (as pointed out by both parties in the end) but this case still has taken a turn. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth when people throw away their morals just to defend someone. Not saying that she is a bully (Seriously I could care less) but the accusations itself (not including her or anyone but just the actions itself) should be faced seriously and not with a “suck it up” or whatever.

• A public figure going against her like that.. I don’t think soojin can recover from this unless she can prove %100 that this actress is lying and this part: “I don't know what sort of 'evidence' or 'witness testimonies' they claim to have, but I question whether that individual's selective memory is truth enough capable of covering everything up. ” Shut down anything that can come out from soojin side.

I also worry for soojin mental health.. idk I hope they can all sit together and discuss this matter

• A public figure going against her like that.. I don’t think soojin can recover from this unless she can prove %100 that this actress is lying and this part: “I don't know what sort of 'evidence' or 'witness testimonies' they claim to have, but I question whether that individual's selective memory is truth enough capable of covering everything up. ” Shut down anything that can come out from soojin side.

I also worry for soojin mental health.. idk I hope they can all sit together and discuss this matter

I agree with you. I am actually looking forward to the law suit since it is going back and forth and there is a lot in the unclear.

• Verbal assault is a thing?

Yes it is i'm agree with that. Victims of harassment remain scarred for life and this should not be taken lightly. However 10 years ago, Soojin was 13 years old. Do we condemn someone their whole life for doing bullshit when they were young? I don't want to side with anyone. Victims of harassment remain scarred for life and have difficulty recovering from it. But I like to believe that humans evolve throughout their life, and that they can change for good or bad, and for this reason everyone has the right to have a second chance I think.

I don't know if Soojin did anything during her youth, or how this actress experienced this harassment. All I know is that these stories took place at an age where we are still far from maturity. I think the two sides should meet in order to close this chapter once and for all, and allow everyone to move forward in the right direction by becoming better people.

Where's the school violence, physical assault, stealing, planting cigarettes and what not rumors that were spread about soojin just because of this actress's past vague cryptic posts, in the end it all comes down to "she allegedly taked behind my back and called me unpretty behind my back bla bla bla".

I guess Soojin and her fans deserve each other

• Yes it is i'm agree with that. Victims of harassment remain scarred for life and this should not be taken lightly. However 10 years ago, Soojin was 13 years old. Do we condemn someone their whole life for doing bullshit when they were young? I don't want to side with anyone. Victims of harassment remain scarred for life and have difficulty recovering from it. But I like to believe that humans evolve throughout their life, and that they can change for good or bad, and for this reason everyone has the right to have a second chance I think.

I don't know if Soojin did anything during her youth, or how this actress experienced this harassment. All I know is that these stories took place at an age where we are still far from maturity. I think the two sides should meet in order to close this chapter once and for all, and allow everyone to move forward in the right direction by becoming better people.

There is a clear difference for me between judging someone for their old actions and a public person being a bully. I mean, as I said before I have nothing against g-idle. I actually have a lot of their songs on spotify and I check their videos out and so on. What I hate in this controversy is how some people try to turn the allegations around (not saying who is right or wrong) into a “the victim is wrong” narrative. I have lost a lot of dear friends due to bullying where people said the same about them. I am against cancel culture but a bully being a public person especially in Korea where bullying is just ignored and not prosecuted, gives a wrong signal to all those people who live in fear and have a lot of mental problems from young on. I can only remember about 10% from my youth and that not because I forget things easily (i don’t) no it is because I have a long time trauma because some kids bullied me.

Edit:

Also thanks for stating your opinion in a very respectful manner. I want to know other opinions

I’m not saying that what is outlined above is true, but as someone who was bullied for years in school I’ve been left an insecure wreck at the age of 24 because my classmates and teachers would constantly put me down verbally, verbal abuse is just as damaging as physical

That’s all I wanted to say

🍹 My champagne, my wine, I drink with my eyes 🍹

3c7ccd5b0ac19dbafd760e35b7b8ce063fa57486.gifvd3d6d450bdb1c8016a5b47df011f1e6497e9ef8a.gifvcfdbe03970dddac6ef61a7e3edc23336838069d0.gifv

• But she never said that herself? I do not get it why you use a 3rd person’s testimonies who have nothing to do with her post to invalidate her post. Yes, some accusers might have said wrong things (as pointed out by both parties in the end) but this case still has taken a turn. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth when people throw away their morals just to defend someone. Not saying that she is a bully (Seriously I could care less) but the accusations itself (not including her or anyone but just the actions itself) should be faced seriously and not with a “suck it up” or whatever.

If soojin did shit talked about actress behind her back like calling her not pretty then it was definitely wrong and inappropriate but thing which makes me pissed off is the way this actress handled the issue.

If the accusations were just direct and straight up like this since beginning that soojin talked bad about actress behind her back instead of being vague and cryptic then this situation wouldn't had blown so much. Soojin would had just apologized for her mean behaviour and everyone would had moved on.

The thing which made this issue so big is the false accusations of school violence, physical assault, stealing etc were being made on her because of which soojin can't even apologize because those weren't even true. If that actress actually came forward and clarified the issue then it wouldn't had got so ugly.

Trying to destroy someone's career just because they allegedly talked bad about you behind your back 10 years ago when they were just kids is also not right in any way

• I’m not saying that what is outlined above is true, but as someone who was bullied for years in school I’ve been left an insecure wreck at the age of 24 because my classmates and teachers would constantly put me down verbally, verbal abuse is just as damaging as physical

That’s all I wanted to say

Same, I have had to struggle a longtime with mental health problems even after my bullies apologized. This whole controversy is opening old wounds when I see how some people belittle bullying

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!