My album ranking of 2022 (January and February)

• :!: This "ranking" is made according to my personal tastes and only concerns the albums, if your favorite group is ranked last it does not mean that I hate them. I just didn't like the album. I choose to do this ranking now before more popular artist returns to give more attention to more unrecognized artists :!:

Feel free to share your opinions, your own ranking and be respectful to each other & every artist :pepelove1:

Quote from S Tier : My favorite albums: each song is a favorite

None at the moment, I'm waiting to see over time if I still like some tier A albums so much.

Quote from A Tier : Albums that I really appreciate, every song is very good

Taeyeon - INVU

Wheein - WHEE

Moonbyul – 6equence

ENHYPEN – DIMENSION : ANSWER

Quote from D Tier : Album I didn't like, I liked a song or two but I think the album is forgettable

StayC - YoungLuv.com

Billie - the collective soul and unconscious : chapter one

Viviz - Beam of Prism

Fromis_9Midnight guest

PENTAGON - IN:VITE U

Top 15 Songs in no order :

• '' D Tier : Album I didn't like, I liked a song or two but I think the album is forgettable

Billie - the collective soul and unconscious : chapter one ''

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• '' D Tier : Album I didn't like, I liked a song or two but I think the album is forgettable

Billie - the collective soul and unconscious : chapter one ''

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

iu-cute.gif

• Tier ???: Album that you never listened to

External Content open.spotify.com

• Tier ???: Album that you never listened to

External Content open.spotify.com

Added to my list for listen thanks. I follow any BG so it's hard for me to follow every comeback, i missed a lot of comeback i guess :pepe-notes:

• Added to my list for listen thanks. I follow any BG so it's hard for me to follow every comeback, i missed a lot of comeback i guess :pepe-notes:

My favourite from the album

:pepecute::pepecute:

External Content youtu.be

• My favourite from the album

:pepecute::pepecute:

External Content youtu.be

Are you trying to influence the judges with a live version? :pepe-cut:

• damn it

even journalists and youtubers are sayin STAYC released early album of the year candidate

yet citron-icy here be like

that USSR scientists debating about Chernobyl reactor fire

:pepe-notes:

• I haven't had much interest in kpop lately. I think my honeymoon phase with the genre might be over. I can't bother checking every release like I used to do.

I understand what you mean. I think we all have times when we are more in affinity with a certain style of music. I too had this problem with kpop before, but found more interest by looking for more artists with more mature styles.

• What's your top 10 songs in 2022 ? :pepelove2:

142466-2x-56-gif

So far:

• I can't hate you for up10tion, but Novella is like top tier for me, also p1harmony outdid themselves so i agree with your b-rating, omega x is really good too but those are groups i'm really into so i will always think high of their music. However, onewe, i love them they were never a miss for me UNTIL this recent album, i only like one or 2 songs and it's not even worth re-listening to, it's quite sad to me, because usually i can't stop listening to their music. I need to listen to btob's new album i'm so behind, but if you put it at that rating it must be really good so i definitely need to check it out!

• Idk at all about Max Changmin & Pentagon, i add their album to my list. :pepe-notes:

For Billlie and Apink my fav track are :

• I can't hate you for up10tion, but Novella is like top tier for me, also p1harmony outdid themselves so i agree with your b-rating, omega x is really good too but those are groups i'm really into so i will always think high of their music.

I will not blame you for this, when i've put Moonbyul & Wheein in 'A'. I don't have a lesson to teach to anyone about how biased i am :pepe-hehe:

However, onewe, i love them they were never a miss for me UNTIL this recent album, i only like one or 2 songs and it's not even worth re-listening to, it's quite sad to me, because usually i can't stop listening to their music.

I don't know the group very well. I'm just a casual listener but their album last year was very good and I had placed it in my tops of the year. I was quite disappointed with the new one, maybe my expectations were too high, so I found myself disappointed.

I need to listen to btob's new album i'm so behind, but if you put it at that rating it must be really good so i definitely need to check it out!

Regarding the BTOB album I had a little trouble with the first songs of the album but then the music is very good and with varied styles I was pleasantly surprised. :pepemusic:

• firstly :pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut:

:peperun:

3 albums that I did not know, I will add them to my list thanks :pepe-notes:

You are a lot to have Pentagon in your lists, I really will have to listen to it soon enough this album looks promising :pepegrin:

• You are a lot to have Pentagon in your lists, I really will have to listen to it soon enough this album looks promising :pepegrin:

It's really good! The only thing keeping it out of my top albums right now is that their last album Love or Take is one of my all time faves and I just don't quite think this was as strong. I really thought not having Hui involved was going to hurt them, but they delivered!

• I will not blame you for this, when i've put Moonbyul & Wheein in 'A'. I don't have a lesson to teach to anyone about how biased i am :pepe-hehe:

I don't know the group very well. I'm just a casual listener but their album last year was very good and I had placed it in my tops of the year. I was quite disappointed with the new one, maybe my expectations were too high, so I found myself disappointed.

Regarding the BTOB album I had a little trouble with the first songs of the album but then the music is very good and with varied styles I was pleasantly surprised. :pepemusic:

not biased at all (puts up10tion at #1 every time lol)

yeah i had their entire discography but i cut back since i'm moving and sold most of it, and every album i just loved so much and when they came out with the prior album to this one i was like oh yeah this is so good the guitar rifts, the vocals everything i had high expectations because onewe had never been a miss for me, but this album just wasn't it, and last album they seemed to make an m/v for every song nothing really for this one that i've seen

btob has such a good discography and i only got into them in kingdom aside from 2 songs i heard prior that i enjoyed so i'm used to 4 of them and now the others are back and i heard this song and i was like omg the vocals, they all look amazing. but i forgot to listen to the album lol

• Not a bad list. OX's, StayC, Billlie, and P1harmony's albums were on replay for me a lot. Nowadays, it's Tempest - It's ME, It's WE (which is a March release). I think so far 2022 is bringing some good things.

Also for January, I found myself enjoying Changmin's comeback (Mainly "Devil" though, the mini was alright), and Pentagon's "In:VITE U" also brought some good things to the table.

Speaking of "Liar" OX started to promote it recently, and gosh I'm so pleased. Honestly it's not just my favorite b-side from them, it's my favorite song from them, so this makes me super happy.

Seems "Pink Cloud" is popular among listeners to Wheein's mini, which I agree with. It's a sweet song.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Idk the group at all, can you give me some context pls. One member could not participate in the recording if I understood correctly? :woow:

oh lol... Hui writes and composes almost all their songs. There are other members who write too, but Hui is definitely the driving force of their music imo so I wasn't sure what to expect without him since he's enlisted.

• also reading through this thread is reminding me that I'm super behind on albums already and it's only March margeOop at 2x

• btob has such a good discography and i only got into them in kingdom aside from 2 songs i heard prior that i enjoyed so i'm used to 4 of them and now the others are back and i heard this song and i was like omg the vocals, they all look amazing. but i forgot to listen to the album lol

I don't know the groups either, I don't know much about boy bands actually. I have set myself the goal of listening to the albums of male artists this year as for the girls, but I must say that it is difficult, you have to be well organized to follow all these releases of new albums and new songs.

However, I knew that their vocals were very good, and I was not disappointed at this level when listening to the album. :pepe-grooving:

• Speaking of "Liar" OX started to promote it recently, and gosh I'm so pleased. Honestly it's not just my favorite b-side from them, it's my favorite song from them, so this makes me super happy.

First time i heard about this :woow:

I liked the light effects in the MV which follows the rhythm of the music. I liked the performance too, the choreography is slow but really smooth.

This guitar in intro is really addictive on this song, it literally carry us away :pepe-grooving:

• First time i heard about this :woow:

I liked the light effects in the MV which follows the rhythm of the music. I liked the performance too, the choreography is slow but really smooth.

This guitar in intro is really addictive on this song, it literally carry us away :pepe-grooving:

yuppp they first performed it in their showcase awhile back, and they played instruments which was such a delight to see!

I like the performance with the choreo though. It's smooth and their vocals sound fantastic!

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• oh lol... Hui writes and composes almost all their songs. There are other members who write too, but Hui is definitely the driving force of their music imo so I wasn't sure what to expect without him since he's enlisted.

Enlistment is truly the bane of BG fans. I think GG fans have the same problem later with idols expecting children ^^

also reading through this thread is reminding me that I'm super behind on albums already and it's only March margeOop at 2x

Don't tell me about it, it's really hard to follow all these comebacks. I always feel like I missed 10 when I listened to 1. And the worst is yet to come the next few weeks promise to be very busy with the return of the most popular idols :sweatr:

• yuppp they first performed it in their showcase awhile back, and they played instruments which was such a delight to see!

I like the performance with the choreo though. It's smooth and their vocals sound fantastic!

Why do companies always give away such poor quality record for such cool live stages :angryr:

But the performance is really good :waterr:

• I don't know the groups either, I don't know much about boy bands actually. I have set myself the goal of listening to the albums of male artists this year as for the girls, but I must say that it is difficult, you have to be well organized to follow all these releases of new albums and new songs.

However, I knew that their vocals were very good, and I was not disappointed at this level when listening to the album. :pepe-grooving:

They definitely make up for this recent album with their prior albums, hopefully the next one will be great and have more than one or two songs!

All i listen to are BG's i don't know how i keep up half the time either but i follow them on twitter and instagram and their fan cafe's mostly lol

• also reading through this thread is reminding me that I'm super behind on albums already and it's only March margeOop at 2x

Same here, I listen to like every title track but albums I am very behind.

As I can somewhat judge the song list as that's faster to google them and listen to them atm, there's some stuff I agree with on there(Ruby, In my World, Layin' Low, Young Luv, Fall(surprisingly good but I really should listen to more up10tion in terms of listening to their albums ) the rest are average for me(DM) or simply genres I generally can never get into(satellite, Pink Cloud).

I think my top ten songs of the year(with mvs of course it's easier) in no specific order(because I get really picky about that and I've honestly would need more time) atm would be

Love in Space

Run2U

Dilemma

Smiley

Chiquita

Super Yuppers

Bop Bop

Lxxk 2 U

Ruby

Yes the list is majority female, but honestly in terms of songs with male singers Ruby stands out the most for me rn.

• Chiquita. Rocket Punch did a really good comeback :yesr:

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!