Kpop Girl Group War 2022 - JYP, HYBE, YG, IVE, KEP1ER,

• What are your thoughts on the great kpop gg war we are about to witness from 2021-2022? We all know it's gonna be a bloodbath. Here's my thoughts on them so far:

IVE - was expecting much more from the song. wasn't bad but could've been a MUCH much better chorus. However THAT PRECHORUS THO with Wonyoung and Liz's vocals!!! Blew me away and saved the song. All the members stand out and are great on stage presence which surprised me because i think everyone was expecting wonyoung and yujin to just completely overshadow the other girls but that did not happen which is great. they already achieved a lot of things and just yesterday they became the fastest girl group in history to receive their first music show win in only 7 days. 'eleven' is also climbing up the charts..the gp are obviously tuning in to them. i can tell they've got a bright future ahead of them, starsip can now find hope in their ggs after sistar again so they best treat them well. good luck to ive, i am proud of them.

HYBENGG - now when i say hybe new girl group, i am mainly talking about the bighit x min heejin one that will be under a new sub-label (ador), but if you do want to talk about the source music one with sakura,chaewon then go ahead.

first of all can we just congratulate the fact that we have a WOMEN CEO for like basically the FIRST time EVER?!?! This alone can make people tune into this gg, especially after seeing what min heejin has done with SM groups like SHINee, f(x), red velvet, SNSD, i can tell her creative direction and image she creates for this new hybe girl group will be amazing! I know 0 about the lineup but there have been some rumours of trainees who appeared in BTS' permission to dance mv back in July this year. they looked pretty and one of them had appeared in ador new girl groups' audition videos that were held in 2019. bighit always find some hidden talented gems and handsome idols so i just know this gg will be full of aces and visuals! knowing bighit artist's discographies and the producers they have, i believe this gg will have high quality music, their debut will for sure be a hit and they will have HIGH budget! seeing as it has been a decade since bighit's first girl group GLAM, we don't really know what to expect from a gg from hybe but i think they'll bring something fresh and unique that we haven't seen in the industry before. they will be debuting in early 2022 so lets look forward to that!

JYPNGG - ok i just saw the teaser video of them that was uploaded a couple of hours ago and it shows all 7 girls complete and ready for debut, this just makes everyone excited even more seeing them all in one frame looking so powerful. they are gonna slay. i just know jyp girl groups never flop, so i can trust them in that. so far from the pre-debut content we got, we've seen that they have some talented vocals right there!! and dancers too..i think jyp might become the powerhouse of kpop dancers because like the dance videos of jypn lately are insane. they have a LOT to offer y'all we aint ready for them. visually they all look stunning too, like i feel like jyp is going ALL out with this gg, they have so much faith and trust in them. i think i like jinni a lot tho, she just has overflowing charisma. knowing they are from jyp, their personalities and chemistry will be good like twice and itzy. honestly they have it all and they seem like they are well trained!

YGNGG - i havent been keeping up with them so i dont know many of the updates/rumours but i know they already have many fans. i jsut hope yg doesnt create another girl crush gg like 2ne1 and BlackPink...we are SO TIRED of that. idk i guess this is why i am worried about them and whether they'll do well or not considering YG always got some scandals going on...it's really not a good image. look how theya re treating treasure...literally 0 comeback this year and they are in their rookie year?? they did the same thing to blackpink too when they went on hiatus in 2017 when they were still rookies. yg managemnet sucks wbk but one thign we can't deny is they always find some talented hidden gems and they'll for sure get a lot of hype internationally. i heard many trainees already left yg so there are now 0 rumours or info on the possible lineup but i know they'll be a hit. maybe even gp might tune in bc the gp have always like yg artists..well that was before but it all changed when treasure debuted..i guess their music style doesn't match the gp taste or general kpop fan taste but i hope this enw gg gets a different producer to the one that makes blackpink music because we need something refreshing for once. honestly i hope they turn out well and good luck to them.

KEP1ER - so i know they receieved a lot of debate and arguments over their lineup when gp999 finished but i actually watched them since the first episode until the final and wasn't shocked at the lineup. it was actually a decent lineup filled wiht 9 talented and pretty girls. we got (this isn't official positions btw) a great vocalist and center chaehyun, powerful main dancers dayeon and youngeun, visual xiaoting, lead vocalist, ace + face of group Bahiyyih, main rapper hikaru, reliable strong leader and lead vocal yujin, cute maknae all rounder yeseo, lead vocalist mashiro. they seem perfect to me. their concept photos for their debut album look so pretty. i can't tel whether they'll have an elegant, rich expensive concept like iz*one and wjsn or a teen crush, avril lavigne concept?? either way i am looking forward to their debut, their chemistry is really good judging by their vlives and reality show 'kep1er view'. i think they'll have more international fans than domestic but that doesn't mean they'll flop because their pre orders are already doing HUGE numbers and they have such a high following on social media already. they'll do great! oh and i heard their debut got postponed to January but was initially meant to be on th 14th of December! One of their staff caught covid and they also can't perform on MAMA anymore....i hope they stay safe and come back strong because many fans are highly anticipating their debut!

• we can be sure one thing

they will have good sales

we've already witnessed it with IVE debut, as well as with JYPn 'blind package' pre-order which sold 60k even tho people didn't know anything about group then.

Also we can also see that for now WIZ*ONE's are supporting IVE and they for sure support group with Sakura&Chaewon as well. Because honestly there is no way that new gg from Starship would get 150k sales in first week without WIZ*ONE support.

But... question is which group will be able to 'keep' fans of 'other members'. Will fans of Eunbi, Minju, Hitomi also buy multiple albums of Sakura&Chaewon group, or they will do it at fist time but then won't 'wave' and stick to IVE?

That's interesting thing to see.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wait.. the woman who worked on f(x) and SNSD and RV is now Hybe CEO???

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wait.. the woman who worked on f(x) and SNSD and RV is now Hybe CEO???

shes the ceo of a sublabel under HYBE if im right. its pretty much guaranteed the new gg will be good :froghype:

she worked on this and pretty much everything in SM during that time

External Content www.youtube.com

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Interesting

• based on precendent it'll be the same as it was all the previous years...

they'll be fights and my favs better than your favs etc etc

• I just want a complete group no fillers and jypn is giving that to me THANKYOU JYP APPA

how quickly will you drop them if they flop? :pepepizza:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• we will see bobs they’re talented they can give them a shit song but it will be a hit we have lily m mind your basic talent faves

even if they're talented they still need a good song, this is facts. so many groups with talented members will flop on charts because they were given a shit song ;(

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• you stopped using them for fanwars threads though :pepecute:

I keep mentioning them and I don’t need them to put on my fanwars why would I do that to my faves I know they’re still the best selling gg they can bark at them but overall we keep winnin. If you’re looking at my activities I’m defending them so I don’t know where you getting that from all I know lily can outsang all bp members combined

• I keep mentioning them and I don’t need them to put on my fanwars why would I do that to my faves I know they’re still the best selling gg they can bark at them but overall we keep winnin. If you’re looking at my activities I’m defending them so I don’t know where you getting that from all I know lily can outsang all bp members combined

im thrown off now because I never expected you to actually reply :pepewash: what an odd feeling

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• they still need a good song

what do you mean by good song?? there are some songs ppl think are straight garbo but they charted well? (not gonna name any names). some songs arent "gp friendly" but chart well. some songs have everything it needs to blow up yet didnt get to big in korea. what do you mean by this?

• what do you mean by good song?? there are some songs ppl think are straight garbo but they charted well? (not gonna name any names). some songs arent "gp friendly" but chart well. some songs have everything it needs to blow up yet didnt get to big in korea. what do you mean by this?

probably a song that won't be as "polarising" as the recent releases JYP has been giving itzy.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• what do you mean by good song?? there are some songs ppl think are straight garbo but they charted well? (not gonna name any names). some songs arent "gp friendly" but chart well. some songs have everything it needs to blow up yet didnt get to big in korea. what do you mean by this?

Basically they mean any girl group song can chart even if it’s bad like itzy‘s not shy, and asepa’s next level. The gp just like ggs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!