Can non big 3 ggs finally surpass big 3 ggs during 4th gen?

• Maybe. Arguably, (G)idle and Everglow are as popular as Itzy and Aespa. So other 4th gen ggs from non-big 3 companies that are yet to debut or just did have a chance.

In what world is Everglow as popular as ITZY......maybe internationally? But in Korea I don't think so.

If the OP post is taking into consideration international fame, then yes I defo think so! But in Korea maybe not.

simple is best, less is more, you know?

11e516a792150f6540d90d53678de41ace1e44b8.gifv

f40054c42e9ef85c6e47a82e59ba888596baed05.gifv

169143a18b386a11b1c962f3a6fe08f8a19ca8cc.gifv

2fb23437a8bd5515cd73f2a8aeef04526e998de7.gifv

• That depends on how strong 4th gen grps from the big3 are in the future. Aespa and ITZY has been decent but they're rookie years are not comparable to leaders in the previous gen like Bp and Twice in their rookie years/debut esp in korea.

Also ITZY is 2 years old and should not even be called rookies. But i guess since idol culture is dying in korea 4th gen ggs will most likely be battling out on international achievements.

• I mean it happened with BTS in 3rd gen, and groups such as Kara and Tara really put up a show during 2nd gen so it sis definitely possible. Before it was risky to debut a girlgroup in small companies cz they are usually less profitable and sell less. Nowadays its easier and the market is more open than ever so i can see a girlgroup reaching that status

• Everglow is definitely on the rise. They got a fair share of publicity after many media praised their last comeback. Also, their album sales have been increasing along with their vlive views.

Get ready for their next comeback because it has been hinted and will come out soon.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• Out of all 4th gen GGs, Gidle is the most promising. They have the international appeal, their discogrpahy is diverse, they have multinational support (china, taiwan, thailand). Most importantly, they are talented. They have songwriter like Soyeon, Minnie and Yuqi. They also have visuals like Miyeon and shuhua. Versatile dancer like Soojin.

For those who claim Gidle is nowhere near ITZY, u need a reality check. So far, Gidle has proven themselves with 2 back to back hits. Lets see how ITZY perform on the reformed chart before claiming ITZY is superior cause their last release wasnt that promising

• Probably you need a reality check. GIDLE is up there alongside ITZY in term of chart performance. and you dont ask people to sit down without giving adequate proof that ITZY and aespa are on different league.

Itzy toured in the US as rookies. They also lead in terms of streaming numbers and overall international popularity. They also are waaay ahead in Japan

Aespa is easily up there too. They just need to get a hit in SK

I’ve been there too, trust me. It’s a little bit frustrating how non big3 ggs have to work their asses off to get to a similar level to other groups from renowned companies. But it is what it is

• Isn’t aespa known for being a flop group? You cannot put them in the same sentence as itzy or Idle, it’s laughable

How is aespa a flop group when they have better charting and streaming than most 4rth gen groups besides itzy and idle and some 3rd gen groups? Y'all are so weird, mind you with only 2 singles and not a single album and only 3 months in their debut its so obvious they're gonna surpass other groups and shoot right next to itzy and idle

• How is aespa a flop group when they have better charting and streaming than most 4rth gen groups besides itzy and idle and some 3rd gen groups? Y'all are so weird, mind you with only 2 singles and not a single album and only 3 months in their debut its so obvious they're gonna surpass other groups and shoot right next to itzy and idle

SM artists usually go the trajectory of flop debut to gradual rise. And it’s not really much of a brag to say they have better charting and streaming than other groups from small company when they had all that hype. Not to sound mean, I think they’ll be very successful but I’m telling this to the user who said they’re bigger than idle, they’re not. Not even close. It’s almost insulting to say that.

• Itzy toured in the US as rookies. They also lead in terms of streaming numbers and overall international popularity. They also are waaay ahead in Japan

Aespa is easily up there too. They just need to get a hit in SK

I’ve been there too, trust me. It’s a little bit frustrating how non big3 ggs have to work their asses off to get to a similar level to other groups from renowned companies. But it is what it is

Besides international popularity, i dont see ITZY outperforming much over GIDLE considering their debut was so huge. The growth is quite stagnant.

For aespa, lets discuss when they get a real HIT. This claim is too premature for now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!