Posts by winniethepb

I spoke w/ someone who attended the festival in an hour long conversation. He isn't an Everglow fan but went there for the hype.

He said many people went there just for Everglow, especially a lot of influencers. Apparently, the festival was very disorganized on day 1 where it was too crowded and hectic, so many decided to miss a big portion of day 2 until Everglow's stage.

Most people don't purchase from KTown4U. In terms of bulk orders, Apple Music offers better specials.

Yena's sales will depend on how many Fansigns she'll have. I don't really follow Yena tightly but if she has a busy schedule with filming and other activities, she might have less Fansigns and less sales.

The situation isn't that big of a deal but she should have bowed. Cultural difference is bullshit unless its something seriously against your life like certain religion etc. The old saying " When in Rome do as the Romans do" applies heavily here. Properly greeting someone in their native form when you are in their country is a sign of respect. Everyone knows this or did we forget that? I'm suprised the woke crowd isn't dragging her considering that's the thing they bang on the most is race and respect of xyz culture. But seriously this is the most basic of common sense. That you greet others the correct way. You are free to do what you please at your home and in your own country but once you step foot in someone else's house and in their land you act respectfully. I hope she has brains in the future because we know in some places doing the wrong greeting can get you hurt, go fuck that up in Afghanistan and watch you get shot some places take disrespect way too seriously

That's the wrong take boy.

It's not like she's disrespecting their culture or she hasn't accepted their culture at all. There are certain things that goes against her values and her culture and it would be inappropriate for her to do so.

She isn't pulling the fucking Logan Paul who yelled and threw fish at people which cause a public disturbance in Japan. She doesn't want to kowtow cause in her culture it would be inappropriate to do so.

If Kpop wants to be global, they have to be open and able to accept different cultures around the world. They don't have to accept all but they must be understanding. It's like how the MC on weekly idol were understanding on why the two Chinese idols on Seventeen didn't kowtow.

Here is the problem that most people fail to acknowledge. What's more disgusting is the fact that she received thousands of hate comments and yet people who aren't even Chinese nor are Korean trying to judge the way she should've presented herself that day. This is the classic Red Herring Fallacy where people ignoring/avoiding the main issue at hand here. It's not what she did but it's how the knetz reacted and the racial discrimination she received. That's something the international community should discussing and potential condemning.

If you want to understand from for a Chinese perspective on this Kowtow issue, I spoke to a few C-forevers regarding to this topic and I shared their info on Twitter.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Producer/lyricist Yena and Everglow producers

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Time Magazine has "Pirate" and "After School" in their Best songs of 2021 and so do I.

Loco and PPT were all good songs...

Everglow > Weeekly > Itzy > Loona

Return of the Girl is hands down the undisputed best album.

External Content youtu.be

I also think that yuehua aren't really working to get them a fandom? unlike aespa or bp, groups with big hits and big companies that can manage to don't post content and still gain fans, everglow come from a small company and they started from zero. so the lack of fan content (youtube series, viral moments, lives) is affecting them.

I don't really follow groups like loona or g-idle but I see them on my timeline or youtube recs from time to time and they have many viral moments which attract more ifans. with everglow there's nothing a non-fan like me can see that could attract them to stan the group (other than music ofc but kpop isn't all about music)

That's a reason but not as impactful as not having a Korean fanbase due to xenophobia.

Regarding to your topic on lack of content.

There's been like a reorg at YH, after La Di Da era, some of Everglow's staff were changed to new ones while the veteran staffs moved to help Tempest (Speculation, I don't see some of the previous staff members and promotions since la Di da has been really messy, it just not the same team). Tempest, YH's new BG, was supposed to debut in 2020 or early 2021 , however, one of their main vocalist left the company for another, which delayed their debut to early next year. That said, YH has been very short of staff, particularly in the video editing department (Yiren said this), in fact, YH has been hiring since the being of this year (Apparently they are very picky and only hire people with previous experience). So why are they busy all the time? It's not like Everglow or Woodz has had many video content. It's because they are prioritizing on Tempest and Yena debut (money makers).

So, a combination of staff reorg and lack of employees plagued Everglow's content output.

There's a running joke, YH has a better time signing artists than employees. They signed Hanbin, recently this new top model (apparently first south Korean to be a Victoria secret model), and many trainees.

The biggest problem is they don't have a fanbase in Korea which prevents them from charting on Korean Charts.

Kpop is all built around hype and if a group can win a lot and chart well, more people will bandwagon. Some people would say, Look at Dreamcatcher, they don't have a strong Korean fanbase or wins, why do they have strong sales, etc. Dreamcatcher is in a niche Kpop sub-genre and has little to no competition whereas Everglow is in the Girl Crush market and has much competition. This competition has Everglow overshadowed by larger groups who often have fans taint Everglow because, for some odd reason, they think it's fun to do so...

In a nutshell...

Small Korean Fanbase = Relatively Low Album Sales and POOR charting = Poor or Ineffective Hype = Insignificant amount of invitations to TV Shows and radio

That's the main reason, nothing else. Even Koreans admit if they were under a different company they would be huge, yes, read Naver or Melon comments. Koreans do know Everglow but they don't want to stream them on their Korean APPs solely because their company is Chinese. Hence, why, if you look at YouTube Statistics, they stream there.

With more new GGs debuting and the tendency of the new generation of Kpop Stans not being loyal to their group (yes this is true because it wasn't like this before), Everglow's momentum will only diminish unless there is a catalyst.

Everglow truly lost momentum not after La Di Da era but after Dun Dun. Covid completely threw Everglow off track as members of their team, Sihyeon, and Yiren contracted covid. This delayed their comeback by a couple of months and their inability to post content for a couple months to retain and capture new fans.

Right now, Koreans are slowly starting to appreciate Everglow, the comments have been very positive unlike before. I only wish people can truly see how talented and charismatic this group is.