Can non big 3 ggs finally surpass big 3 ggs during 4th gen?

• Bigbang become big before YG was not part of big 3 and Big Hit was small hut before BTS.

Leading GGs have always coming from big companies like SNSD is from SM , Twice is from JYP and Blackpink is from YG.

Do you think non big 3 gg can finally surpass big3 and take the lead during 4th gen?

• Official Post

GIDLE maybe...???

The difference with BigBang, BTS, Seventeen, etc's rise is that they had a stable fanbase able to take them to greater heights(cmiiw for BigBang I wasn't around at that time). Groups can come from a small company, but it's always the fans that get them there. Girl groups don't typically have that said fanbase, and if they do, they're most likely from the big 3. Not to mention general public interest in idol groups has reached an all-time low. GIDLE could be an exception to this but other than that, no I don't think so.

I mean you never know but it's highly unlikely.

• Yes indeed, I really see it.

1. Itzy....they’re amazing honestly but they’re not top like twice was in their second year. So it’s possible but you never know. They’ll need hit songs and wow factor since korea seems to criticize their looks 24/7 (i wish this was irrelevant but it plays a part in korea 😓). They’re stage presence and dances are really amazing compared to YG/SM ngg.

2. Aespa like any other sm gg well do well no mattee what they do, for they have the automatic popularity privilege like all big3 groups (yes itzy too and the next yg gg). But they’re great vocalists and they seem popular with koreans but they’ll need hit songs to be top. (Side comment: the ae thing could be a positive or a negative in the long run)

3. Yg ngg, at this rate this group is gonna debut with the fifth gen cause they have 0 promotions and bp was promoted for years before they’re debut i believe (I've heard but can’t confirm). From YG treasure box their was a thing that said “baby monster”, i swear to god they better not name them that shit. No person in the world could argue that’s a good name. They’ll do well but I’m not sure if YG wants to continue the “girl crush” concept...they’ll be called bp wannabes...i mean they haven’t debuted and they’re already hated by alot of blinks. But you never know anyone could be toppp.

I think I’ve noticed alot of smaller company groups being mentioned by knetz and the album sales of smaller company groups, especially for the boys, is really really good compared to the past. But eith all honesty, people are becoming more and more open with smaller company groups especially koreans who, from my experience, always except big3 to debut the best idols. Every big3 has an “image” and they’re groups generally follow that image but smaller groups don’t and bring more to the table tbh, smaller companies are also less restrictive compared to the big3 at least imo but thats not always the case (stares at TS 🌝).

Theres only 3 gg from the big3 and tons of other groups from smaller companies, soooo you can expect some to bring big competition. I just hope they manage and promote them well.

Overall, good luck and let the GAMES BEGIN!

• It will be harder and harder as consolidation of the industry is the norm. What small companies can do is look for cracks no one is exploring and getting in there like Mamamoo. Mid level companies like Cube will always have contenders.

• 3. Yg ngg, at this rate this group is gonna debut with the fifth gen cause they have 0 promotions and bp was promoted for years before they’re debut i believe (I've heard but can’t confirm). From YG treasure box their was a thing that said “baby monster”, i swear to god they better not name them that shit. No person in the world could argue that’s a good name. They’ll do well but I’m not sure if YG wants to continue the “girl crush” concept...they’ll be called bp wannabes...i mean they haven’t debuted and they’re already hated by alot of blinks. But you never know anyone could be toppp.

this makes me sad as every single Female artist from YG except Big Mama, Blue D and AKMU have been girl crush artists :shyr: that's like their whole thing for female artists.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• this makes me sad as every single Female artist from YG except Big Mama, Blue D and AKMU have been girl crush artists :shyr: that's like their whole thing for female artists.

Were twlking bout kpop girl group. AKMU isnt a gg but a sibling duo who produce their own music. Big Mama is a vocal group and wasn’t catered like a kpop girl group, sure they sang pop sometimes but they were heavy on gospel and rnb too. Blue D was a soloist thst lasted for only 1 year that is labelled as a hiphop/rap artist not a kpop girl group under YG? So why mention them?

• Official Post

Maybe. Arguably, (G)idle and Everglow are as popular as Itzy and Aespa. So other 4th gen ggs from non-big 3 companies that are yet to debut or just did have a chance.

In what world is Everglow as popular as ITZY......maybe internationally? But in Korea I don't think so.

If the OP post is taking into consideration international fame, then yes I defo think so! But in Korea maybe not.

• That depends on how strong 4th gen grps from the big3 are in the future. Aespa and ITZY has been decent but they're rookie years are not comparable to leaders in the previous gen like Bp and Twice in their rookie years/debut esp in korea.

Also ITZY is 2 years old and should not even be called rookies. But i guess since idol culture is dying in korea 4th gen ggs will most likely be battling out on international achievements.

• Everglow is definitely on the rise. They got a fair share of publicity after many media praised their last comeback. Also, their album sales have been increasing along with their vlive views.

Get ready for their next comeback because it has been hinted and will come out soon.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• Out of all 4th gen GGs, Gidle is the most promising. They have the international appeal, their discogrpahy is diverse, they have multinational support (china, taiwan, thailand). Most importantly, they are talented. They have songwriter like Soyeon, Minnie and Yuqi. They also have visuals like Miyeon and shuhua. Versatile dancer like Soojin.

For those who claim Gidle is nowhere near ITZY, u need a reality check. So far, Gidle has proven themselves with 2 back to back hits. Lets see how ITZY perform on the reformed chart before claiming ITZY is superior cause their last release wasnt that promising

• Probably you need a reality check. GIDLE is up there alongside ITZY in term of chart performance. and you dont ask people to sit down without giving adequate proof that ITZY and aespa are on different league.

Itzy toured in the US as rookies. They also lead in terms of streaming numbers and overall international popularity. They also are waaay ahead in Japan

Aespa is easily up there too. They just need to get a hit in SK

I’ve been there too, trust me. It’s a little bit frustrating how non big3 ggs have to work their asses off to get to a similar level to other groups from renowned companies. But it is what it is

• Isn’t aespa known for being a flop group? You cannot put them in the same sentence as itzy or Idle, it’s laughable

How is aespa a flop group when they have better charting and streaming than most 4rth gen groups besides itzy and idle and some 3rd gen groups? Y'all are so weird, mind you with only 2 singles and not a single album and only 3 months in their debut its so obvious they're gonna surpass other groups and shoot right next to itzy and idle

• How is aespa a flop group when they have better charting and streaming than most 4rth gen groups besides itzy and idle and some 3rd gen groups? Y'all are so weird, mind you with only 2 singles and not a single album and only 3 months in their debut its so obvious they're gonna surpass other groups and shoot right next to itzy and idle

SM artists usually go the trajectory of flop debut to gradual rise. And it’s not really much of a brag to say they have better charting and streaming than other groups from small company when they had all that hype. Not to sound mean, I think they’ll be very successful but I’m telling this to the user who said they’re bigger than idle, they’re not. Not even close. It’s almost insulting to say that.

• Itzy toured in the US as rookies. They also lead in terms of streaming numbers and overall international popularity. They also are waaay ahead in Japan

Aespa is easily up there too. They just need to get a hit in SK

I’ve been there too, trust me. It’s a little bit frustrating how non big3 ggs have to work their asses off to get to a similar level to other groups from renowned companies. But it is what it is

Besides international popularity, i dont see ITZY outperforming much over GIDLE considering their debut was so huge. The growth is quite stagnant.

For aespa, lets discuss when they get a real HIT. This claim is too premature for now.

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!