What are the trainees who were rigged out of Produce 101 doing now?

• So these are the trainees that the court confirmed were rigged out. Some were rigged out in earlier rounds, which means they could've ended in the final lineup but we can't know that for sure, but some were genuinely taken out of the debut group, which is horrible.

Produce 101 Season One (1st round of voting): Kim Suhyun (MYSTIC Entertainment), Seo Hyelin (SS Entertainment)

Suhyun - Billie's Suhyeon

영상] Jong-Shin Yoon's girl group 'Billie',

Suhyeon (stage name), has acted in a few dramas, competed on MixNine and made it to the debut lineup but the girl group lost over the boy group and most recently, Suhyeon debuted with Billie!

Seo Hyelin

TcelIJH.png

Hyelin was a member of SS Ent's group LHEA but the group disbanded shortly before debuting, after announcing their first single, which is quite unfortunate. SS Ent closed down (the story is pretty complicated and not good for the trainees and artists under the company - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Entertainment - you can read more here) and she left the company.

She has a YouTube channel now that has 3.3 thousand subscribers.

서혜린 HYELIN
    www.youtube.com

Produce 101 Season Two (1st round of voting): Seong Hyunwoo (Limitless A.M)

Hyunwoo

Jang Moon Bok And Seong Hyun Woo From “Produce 101 Season 2” To Release New  Single | Jang moon bok, Hyun woo, Produce 101

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hyunwoo debuted with Limitless with Moonvok and Heeseok from the same season of Produce 101, but their company shut down, although the group hasn't disbanded. He's still working on and releasing his music from what I can tell. Heeseok left the group prior to this.

Hyunwoo wrote a post about how the rigging affected him. It's quite sad.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/11/limitless-am-sung-hyun-woo-responds-to-unfair-elimination-from-produce-101-season-2

Produce 101 Season Two (4th round of voting): Kang Dongho (NU’EST Baekho)

Baekho

THROWBACK: When NU'EST alum Baekho shared why he romanticizes the little  things in life | PINKVILLA

Still hot, still killing it with NU'EST. I'm a happy fan. Working on music, writing, producing, singing and acting in musicals!

He's undoubtedly one of the biggest victims of the whole Produce series. Rigged out, his mental health used against him to justify it, evil edited to the max despite every other trainee revealing how good of a person he is, great mentor, hardworking etc. Had his whole career almost ruined by a false accusation, his father passed shortly after, used to be e-bullied because of Broduce.

Produce 48 (4th round of voting): Lee Gaeun (Pledis Entertainment), Han Chowon (Cube Entertainment) [Real final rankings: 5th Lee Gaeun, 6th Han Chowon]

Gaeun

YfbgwLD.png

Another extreme victim of the rigging scandal. She deserved that fifth spot. I don't care what anyone says, she would've fit the final group perfectly, no 'rigged in trainees fit the group better than she ever could' BS allowed in this thread. It was unfair and you know it. Gauen deserves so much better.

Lee Ga Eun Explains Why She No Longer Strives To Stand On Stage As A  Singer, Picks Her Role Model, And More | Soompi

Gauen completely gave up on her dream as a singer after this. But it's not all grim. She booked two dramas in 2021 and played main role in one of them and supporting in the other.

Lee Ka Eun
    Lee Ka Eun is a former member of the South Korean girl group After School.
    mydramalist.com

Han Chowon

el2Rx9F.png

The North remembers Han Chowon. Rightful owner of the sixth place in the debut lineup, the legend that jumped from 88th place to 6h.

LIGHTSUM's Han Chowon wants to make sure you know she finished 6th on  'PD48', not 13th – Asian Junkie

She is right and should be allowed to say it! Chowon debuted with Cube's new girl group Lightsum in 2021 and I just hope they'll manage them better than they did CLC.

Produce X 101 (1st round of voting): Timothée Anzardi

Timothée

Zwvn60Q.png

Timothée is still working as a model, he recently competed in Wild Idol with some other Produce alumni (Seo Sunghyuk - won the show and is debuting in T.A.N, Yoon Jaechan, from season 2, and Park Yuri, Park Siwoo, Jeong Jaehun, season 4, and Baek Jin's brother).

Although, he was still lacking as an idol during his season, rigging him out because he was becoming really popular and was speculated to be the second coming of Sohye, was disgusting and inappropriate. So many young people have had their dreams trampled by Mnet.

Produce X 101 (3rd round of voting): Kim Kookheon (B.O.Y Kookheon), Lee Jinwoo (GHOST9 Jinwoo)

Kookheon

cUtchzN.png

Former member of MYTEEN (disbanded), competed on MixNine, former member of B.O.Y (also disbanded). This boy has had seriously no luck at all. He's very talented and it makes me mad that he can't catch a break.

After Yubin left the company, Kookheon left Music works as well and things took a turn for the worse because he was diagnosed with severe social anxiety afterwards and has been receiving treatment for it.

He made a really thoughtful statement about his condition and departure from the company, which you can read the translation of at this link.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/09/boys-kim-kook-heon-reveals-he-has-been-receiving-treatment-for-social-anxiety-since-leaving-his-label-music-works

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Most recently he posted about a modeling gig he got for a brand (along with former Pristin Yuha/Hinapia Gyeongwon).

Lee Jinwoo

46mKQmt.png

S7TRmUm.png

Jinwoo was only fourteen when he competed on Produce X 101 and when he was rigged out of the show. He was one of the babies on the show and I always had a really soft spot for all of them because I felt they were way too young to be thrust into the spotlight on such a ruthless show.

He debuted in Maroo Ent's GHOST9 in 2020, but a lot of fans think that the company is overworking the group. They had 4 albums released in less than a year and recently, two crucial members have left without anyone expecting it so I have no idea what's going on with the group but I wish them the best. The members are all so young and hardworking.

Produce X 101 (4th round of voting): Koo Jungmo (CRAVITY Jungmo), Lee Jinhyuk (UP10TION Jinhyuk), Keum Donghyun (C9 Entertainment) [Real final rankings: 6th Koo Jungmo, 7th Lee Jinhyuk, 8th Keum Donghyun]

Jungmo

oWkQmO1.png

Mnet stole his 6th place from him. He genuinely has everything to offer as an idol, which proves that the rigging in season 4 was more about companies making agreements with Mnet like it was suspected for that season, and less the trainees 'not fitting the image of the group' that was claimed for previous seasons. Jungmo should've debuted, regardless.

Thankfully he did, with Cravity, in 2020. X1 former members Minhee and Hyeongjun, and Produce X 101 contestant Wonjin, are also in the group. I actually checked them out earlier this year and I found songs that I like and discovered how good they're at performing. I'm keeping my eye on them.

Jinhyuk

Lee Jin Hyuk | Lee, Jin, Jinhyuk pdx101

It's utter bollocks that Jinhyuk didn't debut. After the competition ended, he was in such a strange situation with Up10tion. His new akgaes wanted him to leave the group and go solo and even tried making him the victim of false bullying accusations against the rest of the members.

Currently, both him and Wooseok are inactive from the group :peperain:along with the leader of the group Jinhoo, who is on hiatus due to his military service. Jinhyuk was promoting as a solo. The problem is that his and Wooseok's akgaes don't want to se ethem together with their group and demand solo activities for both and the company is caving and promoting them + the group separately and trying to make bank while their original fans suffer.

UP10TION will release their 10th mini album in January. No Jinhyuk and Wooseok in the group teaser photos again. If anyone remembers season 2, this is what Minhyun's akgaes wanted but didn't succeed in bullying Pledis into, and Sungwoon's akgaes got (and HOTSHOT ended up disbanding and breaking my heart afterwards).

External Content twitter.com

The worst part is that, like in the Sungwoon situation, the company refuses to address anything and is very likely preventing the members from speaking out as well.

Donghyun

keum donghyun pics on Twitter: "behind the scenes of KEUM DONGHYUN'S  photoshoot for COSMOPOLITAN KOREA via c9 entertainment! #금동현 #KEUMDONGHYUN  #C9 https://t.co/QIBFSusG3h" / Twitter

Donghyun recently debuted with EPEX, under C9 Ent. Other groups under the company include CIX (Bae Jinyoung) and Cignature. How ironic that people accused Produce and C9 of rigging Donghyun's ranking to be in a better spot than he actually was and he got bullied for it to the point that his company threatened to sue, yet it turned out that the rigging happened the other way around and he was rigged out.

Donghyun also made his acting debut in 2019. I wish the best for him. Actually, I wish the best for everyone I've mentioned here. :peperain:

Am I the only one a little bit upset for the trainees that KProfiles and Produce Wikis refuse to update their real rankings? I don't care that there would be two people under the same ranking as them, as we don't know those persons actual rankings. The rigged out trainees deserve the recognition that was stolen from them.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

Edited once, last by Pinky_Peachy ().

• It took me a while to write this and find all of the information so I'm tagging some of my Peaches in case anyone followed the show or follows any of the people and groups mentioned!

mKl7Ghm.png

Edited once, last by Pinky_Peachy ().

• fuck mnet, their rigging and evil editing..

I feel bad for all the rigged members so bad everytime..

Gaeun deserved so much better.. they knew this was her last chance out of all the most and still decided to rig her out..

I am glad some of them like baekho and jinhyuk are doing well right now

Also I had no clue EPEX had donghyun? he wasnt my pick but he was really great on stage.. maybe I should check them out...

• I watched the shows, but i didnt follow them afterwards. its nice to know they have gone their way. :)

Most are doing well. Some :pepecry:

Wait all of these were confirmed?? Missed the Mixnine announcement completely

What do you mean? All of this is about Produce 101, MixNine is mentioned because some of the contestants were on both shows. MixNine winning group debut got cancelled, unfortunately. :peperain:

mKl7Ghm.png

• External Content www.youtube.com

I found that they're doing their own reality show right now! This is episode 1 and episode 10 just aired today.

mKl7Ghm.png

• sigh

The whole thing about survival shows are just unfair

The first and only survivl show I wtched was baby Kara and it ended up in a tragedy. I dont think I can ever get into them.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Most are doing well. Some :pepecry:

What do you mean? All of this is about Produce 101, MixNine is mentioned because some of the contestants were on both shows. MixNine winning group debut got cancelled, unfortunately. :peperain:

Ah then I understand. I thought they were rigged out of Mixnine

I wonder how they decided who to eliminate amongst the lower ranked contestants. For the final lineup I get it but wonder why they went "Oh you need to rank 62th instead of 43th".

• Chowon and Gaeun got so stolen it's not even funny. At least they got compensated when the whole thing blew over. But I doubt the money they got is enough to cover the fame they would've get otherwise.

The money they got probably can't compare to the money they would've earned if they debuted + their subsequent careers. They were really robbed, all of them.

Ah then I understand. I thought they were rigged out of Mixnine

I wonder how they decided who to eliminate amongst the lower ranked contestants. For the final lineup I get it but wonder why they went "Oh you need to rank 62th instead of 43th".

I'm wondering if the reason they chose them was like - we want this person in because we can still use them, but they wouldn't make it otherwise, so let's take one less-known trainee that we gave no attention to and whose company isn't influential to us. Except for Anzardi, I feel like they intentionally chose him because they didn't want him in the debut group.

mKl7Ghm.png

• I wasn't following any of the survival shows closely, just some news here and there but damn I still feel bad for these people

Anyway it's good Gaeun actually got into acting because acting career has usualy more longevity than idol career

Good luck to all of them!

• I am glad to see people did not forget them and are still talking about all the amazing things many of them are still doing now <3

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!