Pristin

• 7290d554bd958339190c408ca031a539f97aa70d_hq.jpg

I. Introduction

Pristin, previously known as Pledis Girlz, is a South Korean 10-member girl group under Pledis Entertainment, consisting Nayoung, Roa, Yuha, Eunwoo, Rena, Kyulkyung, Yehana, Sungyeon, Xiyeon, and Kyla. Pristin debuted on March 21, 2017 and disbanded as of May 24, 2019 with Nayoung, Roa, Yuha, Eunwoo, Rena, Xiyeon, and Kyla terminating their contracts, while Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon continuing under Pledis Entertainment.

II. Career

III. Predebut

The members worked with their company on multiple instances before the debut-

• In 2010, Xiyeon appeared in labelmate and senior group After School music video for Bang! as the girl dancing in the beginning.
    • In 2014, all members made a cameo on labelmate and senior group Orange Caramel music video for My Copycat as the girls dancing on a stage.
    • In 2015, Eunwoo, Rena, and Kyulkyung made cameos on labelmate and senior group SEVENTEEN music video for Mansae as classmates of the group.
    • In 2016, members Nayoung, Kyulkyung, Roa, Eunwoo, Yuha, Rena, and Xiyeon represented their agency in Mnet's survival television show, Produce 101. While five of the members were eliminated, Nayoung and Kyulkyung became part of the final line-up for the project girl group I.O.I.

On March 23, 2016, the group was officially announced as Pledis Girlz by Pledis Entertainment and they held concerts from May 14 to September 10, 2016, in which the members performed weekly, with the exception of Nayoung and Kyulkyung, who were promoting with I.O.I at the time. On June 27, Pledis Girlz released the promotional single We, which was written by Roa, Eunwoo, Sungyeon and Xiyeon which the music video for the song being used to introduce the members' profiles. They held their last concert as Pledis Girlz, entitled Bye & Hi, on January 6, 2017, and then renamed to Pristin.

IIII. Debut

Pristin debuted and released their first mini album Hi! Pristin which the members either composed or wrote the lyrics to every track, with the title track Wee Woo.

• On March 2, the group released a teaser through their social media and confirmed their debut.
    • On March 7, the they released their schedule for promos.
    • On March 9, Pristin revealed concept photos for members, with each image featuring an English word that appears to describe their individual concept.
    • On March 14, they released their track list.
    • On March 15, the group released their highlight medley. The concept of their album is said to be 'power and pretty', which illustrates the powerful energy in their beauty.
    • On March 21, Pristin debuted live on Mnet which They became the first rookie girl group to perform their debut song on a live broadcast, holding a debut showcase later on the same day.
    • On May 19, a remixed version of Black Widow was released as the album's second and final single, which was performed on a few music shows in order to conclude Hi Pristin's promotions.

Pristin was also part of the line-up for the KCON festival held in Japan on May 19. On June 3, they performed at the 2017 Dream Concert at the Seoul World Cup Stadium. The second mini album Schxxl Out was released on August 23, along with the single We Like. It was announced on October 12 that Kyla would take a break from the group's activities and returned temporarily to the United States to receive treatment for a concussion and focus on her recovery.

IIIII. Pristin V

After over a year with no activity, Pledis Entertainment announced the creation of a new five-member sub unit named Pristin V with members Nayoung, Roa, Eunwoo, Rena and Kyulkyung and they debuted with single album, Like a V on May 28, 2018.

IIIV. Disbandment

On May 24, it was announced by Pledis that the group has disbanded following the termination of contract of members Nayoung, Roa, Yuha, Eunwoo, Rena, Xiyeon, and Kyla. Members Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon would remain in the agency. Pledis announced their decision to close Pristin's social media accounts and official fan cafe on July 1.

III. Members

Nayoung
    December 18, 1995 (Seoul, South Korea)
    Leader, Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Vocalist
    Roa
    July 29, 1997 (Chuncheon, South Korea)
    Sub-Leader, Lead Vocalist, Visual
    Yuha
    November 5, 1997 (Gwangju, South Korea)
    Lead Vocalist
    Eunwoo
    July 1, 1998 (Bucheon, South Korea)
    Main Vocalist
    Rena
    October 19, 1998 (Ilsan, South Korea)
    Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist
    Kyulkyung
    December 16, 1998 (Shanghai, China)
    Main Dancer, Vocalist, Visual, Face of the Group
    Yehana
    February 22, 1999 (Ilsan, South Korea)
    Main Vocalist
    Sungyeon
    May 25, 1999 (Seoul, South Korea)
    Main Vocalist
    Xiyeon
    November 14, 2000 (Anyang, South Korea)
    Lead Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Lead Rapper, Visual, Center
    Kyla
    December 26, 2001 (Indiana, USA)
    Lead Rapper, Vocalist, Maknae

IV. Discography

IVI. EPs

220px-Pristin_Hi_Pristin%21_cover.jpg Hi! Pristin Extended Play March 21, 2017
    220px-SchxxlOutOutVersion.jpg Schxxl Out Extended Play August 23, 2017

IVII. Promotional Singles

220px-PledisGirlzWe.jpg We Single June 27, 2016
    Black Widow (Remix ver.) Single May 19, 2017

V. Awards & Nominations

VI. Asia Artist Awards

Year Award Result
    2017 Rookie Award Won
    2017 Popularity Award Nominated
    2018 Popularity Award Nominated

VII. Gaon Chart Music Awards

Year Award Result
    2018 New Artist of the Year (Song) Nominated

VIII. Golden Disc Awards

Year Award Result
    2018 New Artist of the Year Nominated
    2018 Global Popularity Award Nominated

VIV. Melon Music Awards

Year Award Result
    2017 Best New Artist Nominated

VV. Mnet Asian Music Awards

Year Award Result
    2017 Best New Female Artist Won
    2017 Artist of the Year Nominated

VVI. Seoul Music Awards

Year Award Result
    2018 New Artist Award Won
    2018 Popularity Award Nominated
    2018 Hallyu Special Award Nominated

VVII. V Live Awards

[hl=2][/hl]
    Year Award Result
    2018 Global Rookie Top 5 Won

VI. Concerts

VII. Pledis Girlz Concert

Date Member Day Special Guest(s)
    May 14 Rena N/A
    May 21 Xiyeon N/A
    May 28 Sungyeon N/A
    June 4 Eunwoo N/A
    June 11 Yehana N/A
    June 18 Kyla N/A
    June 25 Yuha N/A
    July 2 Roa N/A
    July 23 Sungyeon N/A
    July 30 Xiyeon Hwang In Sun
    August 6 Yehana Park So Yeon
    August 13 Eunwoo D.A.L, Kim Da Jung and Kim Ji Sung
    August 20 Kyla An Ye Seul
    August 27 Rena Yoon Seo Hyung
    September 3 Yuha I.O.I
    September 10 Roa Han Dong Geun

VII. Trivia

• Pristin was known for writing and composing their own music.
    • Their name was a mix of the words "prismatic" (bright and clear) and "elastin" (flawless strength).
    • Seven out of ten of them (Nayoung, Roa, Yuha, Eunwoo, Rena, Kyulkyung, Xiyeon) appeared on the television show Produce 101 and, Nayoung and Kyulkyung went on to debut as part of the project girl group I.O.I, before reuniting with the other members to debut as Pristin.