which current top gg do you think will be effected the most by the influx of girl groups that will be coming out in the next month and into 2022

• ? 91

1. black pink (7) 8%
    2. twice (13) 14%
    3. aespa (17) 19%
    4. itzy (23) 25%
    5. oh my girl (1) 1%
    6. g-idle (17) 19%
    7. stayc (7) 8%
    8. brave girls (6) 7%

who's fandom will experience the most migration?

who's your favorite artist?

• Brave girls, idk it seems as if their hype is over. They should return with a solid comeback.

Maybe StayC but that depends on their next comeback and they are really loved by Korea (more internationally) so that a lot of people underestimate their success. Another ASAP or Dumhrdum-like track and maybe more visibility in main stream variety shows and they could stabilize their position.

• Brave girls, idk it seems as if their hype is over. They should return with a solid comeback.

Maybe StayC but that depends on their next comeback and they are really loved by Korea (more internationally) so that a lot of people underestimate their success. Another ASAP or Dumhrdum-like track and maybe more visibility in main stream variety shows and they could stabilize their position.

I think stayc and brave girls are safe because they don't rely solely on fandom base on well asap and stereotype are doing as long they keep doing well on chart they'll keep a great longevity

GG who are doing not well on charts and have great physicals means they focus more on fandom power so when people will see new gg who will attract them more to stan they'll be the GG who will be the most hurt by the migration of fans

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I think the 3rd gen groups have all peaked and are riding off into the sunset, one by one. I dont think they're relevant in this discussion.

I think the first wave groups of 4th gen are the ones that have to be the most concerned. They're still young enough and should be entering their peak years now, but their growth and popularity could be threatened by Ivy, Kessler, Hybe NGG, and JYPNGG.

Everglow

Loona

Idle

I think Aespa, Itzy and StayC are solid and growing and dont have to worry about the new groups. The have established fanbases and enough GP recognition to remain viable and strong.

• How the fuck aespa didn't have no competition

what is itzy,gidle,stayc,etc...-_-

The way you're trying so hard since their debut to discredit them

tbf almost none of these groups were aespa's direct competition at debut and now they are a tier above them thanks to next level and savage. aespa is more on par with twice and bp than those below them in terms of digitals imo

who's your favorite artist?

• Gg who are doing less good than they did in the past

I think stayc and brave girls are safe because they don't rely solely on fandom base on well asap and stereotype are doing as long they keep doing well on chart they'll keep a great longevity

GG who are doing not well on charts and have great physicals means they focus more on fandom power so when people will see new gg who will attract them more to stan they'll be the GG who will be the most hurt by the migration of fans

Do u have any groups in mind

:whatb:

• tbf almost none of these groups were aespa's direct competition at debut and now they are a tier above them thanks to next level and savage. aespa is more on par with twice and bp than those below them in terms of digitals imo

that's my point Aespa is already above some of the GG in the list in term of fandom and digital power

so saying they are the one who will be the most affected is delusional imo

when a GG like g-idle will be the most effected especially after losing so much fan after the scandal

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

Brave Girls never had a big fandom that could migrate to another group in the first place.

With the recent success they gained a small but relative well off and dedicated fanbase of mostly men around 30.

the hype was made by korean GP. They werent that successful international and the GP allways moves on fast.

Nevertheless they reached an audience far outside the usual kpop scene. So they are still much more popular in korea than many other groups even if people dont vote, mass buy albums or beat otherwise drums for them.

For example a few days ago the got a big add on times square from a korean hanbok company. nobody on this forum talked about it while we surely talk about it if aespa or somi get one from spotify.

Fazit: They wont be affected by another kids group, because they aim at a different fanbase and demographic.

Its the 4th gen groups and the biggest groups like blackpink and twice that will mainly have to face new competition.

• smh bp is going stronger even if they haven't had a comeback this year

loona have been around since 2016 with subunits and they have a long discography so I wouldn't include them in the wave of groups of 4th gen and they were never big either

• People voting Aespa like they aren't the trend, have the korean gp and just started selling 500k lol

I think Itzy will struggle to grow much more, popular since the start but I see them getting stagnant soon, even more with the amount of groups debuting. G-Idle since the Soojin situation is on the decline but nothing to do with new groups debuting... Oh my girl and Brave Girls are much more GP focused so I don't think they'll be as affected unless the GP just gets tired of them. Idk much about StayC and their fandom so that's a question mark

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• I think stayc and brave girls are safe because they don't rely solely on fandom base on well asap and stereotype are doing as long they keep doing well on chart they'll keep a great longevity

StayC is currently building their fandom and have a big fandom (look at their album sales) in Korea. So I would not say that they are not relying on their fandom. They are currently building one and this is an essential phase for a kpop group.

• People voting Aespa like they aren't the trend, have the korean gp and just started selling 500k lol

people clearly know that Aespa will not be as affected than some of the GG in the list

they just wish that aespa is the most affected in the future, because they can't support to live in a world where aespa is already doing better than their faves '-'

I think Itzy will struggle to grow much more, popular since the start but I see them getting stagnant soon, even more with the amount of groups debuting. G-Idle since the Soojin situation is on the decline but nothing to do with new groups debuting... Oh my girl and Brave Girls are much more GP focused so I don't think they'll be as affected unless the GP just gets tired of them. Idk much about StayC and their fandom so that's a question mark

The only think itzy are lacking is Korean digitals even if aespa didn’t have debuted their charts performance would have been the same

Guess who recorded 330k Sales and CIL sold 487k in the span of 5 months which show their growth their Spotify and YouTube are growing they were the 4th most streamed gg in both platforms

when itzy debuted it didn’t even affect twice at all

• Every time a group is at the top there will be some people saying that x group will end them and the x group end flopping

most of these 2022 groups are only talked on allkpop

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You're killing the vibe, i'm trying to be dramatic here X(.

• The only think itzy are lacking is Korean digitals even if aespa didn’t have debuted their charts performance would have been the same

Guess who recorded 330k Sales and CIL sold 487k in the span of 5 months which show their growth their Spotify and YouTube are growing they were the 4th most streamed gg in both platforms

when itzy debuted it didn’t even affect twice at all

I know how Itzy did last comeback, I'm refering to 2022/2023 with the big influx of gg coming, I don't see them growing much more

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• If a new group debuts, do people immediately forget about previous groups they liked? Most people don't "stan" groups - choosing one exclusively - they like many groups at once.

There is some danger for older groups if a younger group in the same company gets attention and starts sucking up all of the company's marketing budget. We've seen older groups get pushed aside all the time - most recently CLC. But that isn't about fans choosing to support groups exclusively.

Most of these little girl groups aren't going to amount to much. One or two of them might last long enough to have four or five comebacks. None will become bigger than aespa - who will always have SM's money and influence backing them.

• Rookie groups

Twice and BP have seen many girl groups debut over the course of their time and both groups only seem to be growing in fanbase size rather than losing fans to newer groups. BP have also had the opportunity to lose fans basically every year of their career with their lack of activity yet in 2021, their only year with zero group releases, they are the most streamed gg globally with a large margin. Blinks are a loyal bunch. I only see BP being affected if they get the 2NE1 treatment when YGNGG debuts

• I will say maybe Brave Girls or Oh My Girl because they mainly rely on general public and general public is very fickle. Gidle is a question mark because we don’t know how they’ll fair after the Soojin debacle and departure from the group.

As for the rest, StayC is very new but they all have already built a solid fanbase and they’re on the rise. Twice and Itzy might not be doing as well digitally as they used to but they have big fanbases so they don’t have anything to worry about. And Blackpink and Aespa are at the top so they ain’t going anywhere.

That said kpop has grown (and still is) so much globally that there’s enough room for everyone.

• Stayc maybe, Gidle and Itzy have already sort of fallen off in Korea.

Also thanks for proving my point.. competition is a group that can compete with them. I dont think these groups can.

Stayc first hit was like 6 months the reason why stereotype didn’t do well it’s because it didn’t live the hype from ASAP

gidle declined not because of the competition but of the scandal hwaa was doing good until the scandal

And itzy just didn’t have a hit like dalla dalla but they didn’t declined at all you just say anything

No one cares if x group debut lol

BP could have declined since 2016 but they didn’t despite being inactive most of the time

• I can only speak factually for my faves and say 100% they won't be hurt at all. TWICE have seen many groups come and go, had 'scandals' and been through just about all Kpop has to offer and here they are with a happy and healthy fandom and selling better than ever before.

Truth be told I don't think the newer groups are a threat at all to any true top 3rd generation girl groups fan bases.

The only group I could speculate at is (G)-Idle but only because they aren't even close to being a top group and debut really late in 3rd gen and didn't really have that 2-4 years of solid fandom building the older groups have and with ongoing events hurting the group and halting releases I don't think they picked up any new fans in 2021, certainly after Q1 anyway.

• This thread contains 32 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!