Posts by mr1962

Thread made by a once, minion and NewJeans stans here before most blinks...wow, I have not missed this forum lol

Anyway, just logging back in to say I'm glad it's finally confirmed (even though it was lowkey obvious they would renew)! I'm guessing they got everything they wanted in those new contracts. For solos, Rosé probably renewed, Jennie's one-man company rumor was probably true (both her managers have left YG but are still with her), Jisoo is either with YG Stage or managing herself (either way, acting is clearly her priority), and Lisa ??

Next year will be Jennie's solo, regardless of whether she is still with YG. I don't expect any group activities until a new album and world tour in 2025, which was to be expected even if their contracts hadn't been renegotiated lol

I think Blackpink stopped giving a shit what Pann girlies think of them ways ago lol

Lisa is a grown woman, and she's free to do whatever she wants. From what I've read, the amount of exposure was to the extent of wearing a bikini anyway so knetz and some of her c-fans can calm tf down

I'm glad they went to support her. I wonder what them showing up to Lisa's show with that huge ass bouquet (and Jisoo and Rose spending half their time in Paris at each other's hotels) means for akgae and anti narratives that BP hates e/o and were just coworkers all along lol

Not sure why a certain fandom is crying here lol. If you actually read the article, the reporter quite literally says "IF you add the festivals," and makes a distinction between the actual world tour numbers (1.8M) and the festivals (around 300k). The Coachella number may be an estimation, but for Hyde Park, you buy tickets for a specific artist, so, yes, 65K people most likely did buy tickets to see Blackpink. The Rolling Stones also included Hyde Park as part of their official touring numbers last year.

BP could have easily boosted attendance to 1.9M by touring in Latam, but YG chose not to for an obscure reason. In any case, Born Pink will still end up the highest-grossing KPOP tour in history by many millions.

It's funny reading the responses here when the article title does not even mention the 2.1M and the article itself only talks about BP setting a new record for KPOP GIRL GROUPS as a whole. It does not so much as reference the certain bg whose fans are camping here. Also, this is the first Korean media report about Bp's touring numbers in a whole year, pretty much the bare minimum for "media play" when BP is doing unprecedented things for girl groups in kpop

The fact that you only singled out each member of BP individually and your commentary is word-for-word TikTok/Twitter KPOP stan hive mentality about BP concerts tells me everything I need to know lol

I literally just went to BP's most recent show at Metlife, and it was super fun. Definitely worth every cent I spent and I would see them again. All the girls did great and, actually, OP, Jennie and Jisoo's solo stages were the most memorable out of the four for me

The way it's been nine consecutive months of kpop stans barking and BP has still sold 1.8M tickets and will claim the highest-grossing KPOP tour when all is said and done... I get it, OP, I would be mad too

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's at 390K now ~ I think it'll get over 400K for the first 24 hour ULs

I can't with PV rising so much in ULs too and blocking SD from #2 on both Melon and Flo though :pepe-life-support:

I think it's very pop. It doesn't sound like a KPOP album at all except for Pink Venom, which I personally like. But people who only like BP for their bangers would be less of a fan of Born Pink compared to The Album.

Honestly, the only songs from TA I still listen to regularly are HYLT and LSG. TA had some very obvious duds, which Born Pink does not so overall I like this release much better. The one thing I will say is that while SD is good, it is a bit monotonous. But I do get why it was chosen for the title out of all the other songs.

I remember that when TA was released there were many threads about it sounding exactly like every other BP release ever and how their sound was getting old. Now that they have changed it up, people are saying their new stuff is boring. I guess BP will never fully satisfy anyone, but I do think from general reactions most actual blinks seem to prefer Born Pink to TA

Anons can't seem to stop talking about blinks and BP lately lol...the obsession

I truly don't understand the theory that blinks stream BP's music because they want to be BP. It's as if these weirdos have decided that just because they think BP's music is shit, everyone else must think it too and blinks are only streaming because we're all brainwashed self-inserts with no actual opinions

TLDR :danceb:

(I was also upset this morning, but this is doing too much. If you don't want to support BP anymore, then...don't? YG has treated their female groups like this since the beginning of time, nothing will change that. Not buying or streaming means bye-bye BP, hello YGNGG - not radical change in how BP is treated by YG lol)

I seriously don't understand why YG wouldn't release the song he worked on when they only put 8 songs on the album and two of those are RFL and Pink Venom. Clearly, the bar for quality is not awfully high lol

If his name shows up in the credits for YGNGG's first EP early next year it will be funny tho

Armys on AKP (using their mains, anons are a different story) were actually chill...Twitter is so embarrassing them for them though lol

I'm glad BP didn't win since it's true that they were not active during the eligibility window. They deserve to win fair and square. I'm just happy we got a great performance and a very deserved Lisa win. The pinks also seemed to have a great time

Yes, IVE and Idle both had high ULs before promotions but it was promotions/performances like Water Bomb going viral that pushed both Love Dive and Tomboy to the top of the charts. BP also have very high ULs without promo (PV just the 4th kpop song to break 500K ULs on Melon this year) and were reaching new peaks every day until the weekend, but they don't have anything to push them to the top since they are not really promoting in SK.

The gap between the top 3 in ULs is not massive- it's 60K ULs between Attention and PV, and 25k ULs between PV and After Like. BP would not have to gain massively to overtake IVE, but they have nothing to push them over that gap because they are not promoting at all in SK, 1 Inkigayo performance is not going to change anything and Koreans are not tuning into an international award show. This is BP/YG's own fault, but I wouldn't discount the role of promotions in pushing groups with already high ULs to the top

Kind of shocked to see Attention make the playlist before any Twice, RV, or IVE song...

I'm not really sure how playlisting works - if it were up just up to companies cashing a check we'd probably be seeing a lot more KPOP on the playlist. I guess it depends both on how much companies are willing to pay and how the song is doing streams-wise. Not shocked to see BP at #1 for example, as PV is so high on Spotify Global, but not sure how Attention made it into the list before The Feels or even After Like

Honestly not sure if PV will get that number 1 tbh. Just checked the latest UL's and PV was 474k newjeans was on 543k. BP's ULs are steadily going up, but more by hundreds than thousands and newjeans is gaining the same amount of UL's so the gap seems to be staying the same rather than closing.

The gap was 90K on Monday morning, it's now 67K so it's definitely closing. Attention isn't losing any ULs, so PV will just have to close the gap. They may still not get that #1 or IVE may surpass them after promotions, but the ULs peaking yesterday with no promo at all is a good sign for PV stability at least

I didn't even see the original thread that led to the ban until an hour ago, but I'm glad Mona is already back as she's one of the most unproblematic, active, and chill users on here. We definitely need more blinks like her with how messy our fandom can be :oops:

I do agree with a lot of points in this thread about the moderation on AKP. I had no idea that DrewB's creepy ass was back on here and mods are okay with this, that should be evidence enough of how fucked up the moderation is on this forum. It really shouldn't be this hard to find mods who can be unbiased and not take things personally. Objectivity should be the first requirement for being staff on here, not what fandom you're a part of and who you're friends with