Posts by mr1962

red velvet charted well after red flavor?

if you call ice cream cake, dumb dumb, russian roulette, and rookie flop then how flop all itzy's title track then? the only comeback that didnt do well was one of these night. how inconsistent red velvet was before red flavor?

I never said RV didn't chart well until Red Flavor. I said they were 3 years into their career when they got their biggest hit while Itzy's biggest hit was their debut song. That's why I don't think RV or Itzy are comparable - Itzy debuted with the biggest hype they ever had and slowly lost it to due to different reasons while RV always had GP interest, certain songs just didn't do as well because they were too experimental.

For people making the comparison, I don't think ITZY are similar to Red Velvet at all actually. Red Velvet were inconsistent since debut in terms of Korean charting. It took them three years to get their first massive hit (Red Flavor), and they had a period of charting really well afterwards with Bad Boy, Peek-A-Boo, and Power Up. Even when they were in their flop streak, they still had a decent amount of hype - even Zimzalabim debuted straight at top 3 on Melon. The GP always knew who they were and still checked out their songs, it was just that a lot of the songs they were releasing before Psycho were way too experimental to really take off. Red Velvet as a group and the individual members also still rank pretty high on brand reputation each month. Joy is pretty well-known, and Irene used to be an it-girl. In terms of public recognition, RV is up there, whereas ITZY is not.

For ITZY, they debuted with a lot of hype and their debut song was a big hit. Then every following release before LOCO fell into that weird "not a hit, but not really a flop either" criteria and they slowly started to lose hype. Loco was their first real miss, probably because of a combination of Lia's controversy and competition from Aespa. ITZY not charting as well doesn't really have anything to do with skills or their music quality (if anything, LOCO is significantly better than ICY or Not Shy), it's just a combination of competition, marketing, and the fact that ITZY never really solidified themselves with the Korean GP. I really think solo promotion for some of the members like Yuna could have gone a long way.

That being said, ITZY can sell 500K and chart well on Spotify Global and US BB200 so people who call them flops are delusional. They are all amazing performers and I actually like all the girls a lot, even if the music is not my taste

I don't understand how YG has a group like Blackpink yet chooses to do absolutely nothing with them. If this new rumor about Bp comeback being delayed to allow YG to debut their new girl group is true, I feel horrible for those girls because blinks will actually go crazy. It would honestly be such a set up for their new gg

I think the existing version is just a demo so the actual song could sound very different :eyes: Hopefully they fix that drop because it's um...

I like RFL too but I still don't think it's title track worthy. I can see them releasing it as the lead b-side on their mini this year and it performing similarly to Forever Young in Korea

I haven't properly watched a kdrama in a year or two, but I decided to give this one a shot because of I've liked both the leads in other stuff I've seen them in. The first eight episodes were great, but now I feel like they're dragging the episodes and putting in unnecessary second lead drama...

It seems like people's main criticism was that they believed that Snowdrop would glorify the NSA, even though they brutally tortured student protestors, and make it look it was actually North Koreans leading the pro-democracy movement. I don't see how anyone who isn't inherently biased would watch the second episode of the drama and think that the NSA is being glorified in any way. They are clearly the bad guys. Perhaps the extent of the NSA's violence/torture is not shown exactly, but Snowdrop is not meant to be a documentary and they probably don't want to make the show overly graphic since it's being aired on cable television and Disney+. They even post a disclaimer at the start of every episode about the show being a work of fiction.

As long as it's clear that the NSA are the real villains and they hurt innocent people, I'm not really sure what the issue is. Also the second episode is in accordance with JTBC's statement that the main historical backdrop for the drama is not the student protests but the 1987 presidential election

Jennie is currently the face of every big Korean CF a female idol could possibly land and she earned over $5M this year from SK advertisements alone

She also got named one of the most influential celebrities this year by industry insiders above even IU and her own group

Jennie is like one of the worst examples of ever of brand ranking not holding true for actual popularity lol

Some blinks, like myself, are not on kpop Twitter at all and had literally no idea what OP is referring to when we first opened this thread. It's not like I keep up with what BTS members post either. Imagine being labeled as transphobic and homophobic for something you're completely clueless about. What people said about Jimin is fucked up, but fight those battles on Twitter instead of bringing it to people who have nothing to do with it

OP has a history of being cringe and problematic and weaponizing important issues such as racism and now transphobia apparently for fanwars so not surprised to see who made this thread

Wait, so this is a troll on instagram?

The way some of the posts here are worded, it really seemed like someone here on AKP was slutshaming her. I hope everyone here knows that ARMY don't usually read Jennie's instagram and most of us seemed confused about what was going on because we literally did not do that nor saw anyone doing it nor understood what exactly was happening.

I think all the threads are about the slut shaming on Twitter and Instagram. I get that you're not aware of it. But saying it's not happening just because you don't happen to see it is not it either (especially when it's happening in a place where Jennie herself will actually see it). There's hate going around on both sides with both blinks and armys to blame. I have no problem acknowledging blinks are saying things about V too so I don't really appreciate your co-stan claiming it's only BP akgaes hating on Jennie when it's obviously not. Especially when she was just minding her own business lol

Who tf is taeluvu and are you actually taking troll posts from newbies is representation of Armys..assuming this is an incident from AKP.

This is just from a five second scroll through her Instagram comments LOL and ah yes the usual "trolls" and "newbies" deflection when someone points out armys are not the innocent victim in every situation ever

So you are telling me she is getting no hate from akgaes of other BP members? Legit that what you are saying? That it is only Armys?

Every Blackpink member gets hate every day from akgaes this is nothing new. What is a new development is users with the username taeluvu123 and a Jungkook profile picture calling her a slut and telling her to stay away from your fave... I don't think V should say anything because it was a mistake but you acting like there are no armys slut shaming her at all is just being obtuse

Bro your faves akgaes have literally sent more hate to Jennie through her career than any delusional BTS fangirls so how about you go remedying that first.

Pretty sure this thread is about the hate Jennie is currently receiving because YOUR fave made a mistake while she literally did nothing. Maybe stop deflecting things onto other fandoms for once and realize your kind are not angels either?