What's the end goal for JYPE pushing Twice west?

• What can JYP do? Twice lost their moments in Korea, JP is doing all right, slightly decline. The west shows some growth for Twice. JYP is smart, they should try something in the West and if it turns out kind of medium success, it would help Twice rise back in Korea.

• What can JYP do? Twice lost their moments in Korea, JP is doing all right, slightly decline. The west shows some growth for Twice. JYP is smart, they should try something in the West and if it turns out kind of medium success, it would help Twice rise back in Korea.

This makes no sense. Twice was using a sound Korea absolutely loved, it was their consistent music style they basically had since day 1 and that started to end in 2019, just after Yes or Yes their last number 1 and last song to get a PAK. Promotions were also much more Korea centric at that time.

In 2019 they moved their sound slightly away to Fancy and it did pretty good, it was different but people were on board. But they kind of didn't really promote. This time, 2019, was also the last time JYP seriously promoted Twice in Japan also.

As time went on Twice moved further and further from the sound Korea fell in love with, the music that made them darlings of Korea and Japan. The decline started due to group and company decisions. They moved from what made them great in East Asia in order to grow outside on platforms like Spotify and appeal to western fans and it worked, but cost them Korea and eventually Japan as the music got further and further away from what Twice were known for and their promotions became far less focused on Korea and almost non existent in Japan.

The change in Twice didn't happen as a response to decline in primary markets, rather it was the catalyst for it and for what? 50k sales in the US and 3 weeks on BB200? A possible chance at charting on BB100 for a week? They sacrificed Twice's domestic success for that? I mean what are Twice even doing these days?

• Well some akp ppl always copy reddit posts, now reddit doing same lol.

It's semi-tempting to create an account on there to respond but they're mainly just saying what people itt have said so no point. Reddit too vanilla in general with a superiority complex.

• Taste of Love sold around 80K in US, its even more than they did on Oricon. Of course they want to push there. Also english songs can work not only for US market, just look how Dynamite made BTS #1 music act in Japan.

• almost non existent in Japan

I don't care about whatever you were talking about but at least get your facts straight.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

+ A concert, a Japanese single and a whole album ALL in 2021. They promote in Japan more than they do in Korea or US.

• That was in 2021, when they started picking things back up. Doubtless in response to the exodus of fans from the year prior.

They had like 2 albums, compilations, Feel Special go viral, multiple singles and an online concert and you can count on one hand the ammount of meaningful promos they had in the last years. Also if you want to boast about the Twice in Wonderland please dont embarass yourself lnowing the issues people had with that and the half assed promo company JYPE and WMJ went with lmao.

• I think that JYPE has Itzy and Skz who are not only promoted domestically but a main part of their promotions are for the western market.

Twice's main focus is domestically but that doesn't mean they can't promote in the west. If you really think about it, Twice is probably the 3rd biggest and most successful group in KPOP. They have a larger international fanbase than people might initially think.

And who said their concept change was for western promotions. Twice said it themselves that it was their decision and every member voted on switching their concepts to more of a mature side.

They are still thriving in Korea and Japan. I think they need promos in the West.

I don't see a problem

• That was in 2021, when they started picking things back up. Doubtless in response to the exodus of fans from the year prior.

They had like 2 albums, compilations, Feel Special go viral, multiple singles and an online concert and you can count on one hand the ammount of meaningful promos they had in the last years. Also if you want to boast about the Twice in Wonderland please dont embarass yourself lnowing the issues people had with that and the half assed promo company JYPE and WMJ went with lmao.

I mean imagine doing this much promo in just one year and still have your sales decline. I would focus on another market too.

What meaningful promo? TWICE promote the same way every Kpop group does. And, its not me boasting about TWICE in Wonderland, its you dismissing their focus on SK/Japan to match your narrative. ONCEs attach half-assed promo to literally everything TWICE does these days. I wouldn't take that seriously.

Anyways, my point was TWICE do promote in Japan, doesn't matter if you think they only started to this year or whatever and I have proved that. I am out.

• I mean imagine doing this much promo in just one year and still have your sales decline. I would focus on another market too.

What meaningful promo? TWICE promote the same way every Kpop group does. And, its not me boasting about TWICE in Wonderland, its you dismissing their focus on SK/Japan to match your narrative. ONCEs attach half-assed promo to literally everything TWICE does these days. I wouldn't take that seriously.

Anyways, my point was TWICE do promote in Japan, doesn't matter if you think they only started to this year or whatever and I have proved that. I am out.

The promo came too late, after half assed releases and barely any promotion. Its manufactured decline, they started focussing away from Japan before the decline started my god. Jype stans.

• The promo came too late, after half assed releases and barely any promotion. Its manufactured decline, they started focussing away from Japan before the decline started my god. Jype stans.

It's hilarious how some stans act like they know everything that happens behind the scenes.

Also me, a JYPE stan? I have written multiple paras about what I would do if I managed them, have called their management out multiple times(even in this thread incase you're blind), have made threads about how they are sabotaging TWICE but yes, I am definitely a JYPE stan. The biggest on this forum.

• Well, you clearly haven't seen the threads about album distribution and stock being sold out, like this thread, this thread, this thread or this thread. The data is there if you want to research it. And it's a valid sign of mis-estimation of the market. I'm aware of specialized roles in a company, and I know it's not just one person who decides everything. Which is why when you initially protested that you had no data, I focused on stuff which you did seem to have something to talk about - music quality and musical style. And solo promotions.

My major point is - when you're not in the hot seat, it's very easy to criticize management. Because you may be thinking that they have all the access to all the data, and therefore should be making the best decisions. But if you clearly admit that you don't have the data, and don't have insight into what factors go into the decision-making process, then it doesn't make sense to criticize the person doing the job or call them incompetent for not doing what you think (based on your admitted lack of knowledge) to be the best options.

For example, how would promote, say, Chaeyoung's solo career? You should know what she stands for, what her current image is like - she's probably got the clearest individual brand of all the group members. Would you put her into the bright summer pop sub-unit you're proposing, or the R&B / ballad vocal-heavy group? Or would she do her own thing? If, as you say, they should give up U.S. and Japanese promotions and focus on Korean releases, then she's on home territory, no? How would you promote her, to which audience, to establish her own individual brand?

Or if you don't like Chaeyoung, then pick a member or subunit of your choice. Whoever you want to begin solo / subunit promotions first. I just want to see concrete plans with details, back up by solid argumentation with facts and sources, rather than accusations and criticisms based on sourceless claims.

• They are soon in their 30s, their sound needs to change. Also, Fancy and FS already happened, you can’t turn back in time. FS sound more like their old concept, but still not really successful. So why not try in the West?

• They are soon in their 30s, their sound needs to change. Also, Fancy and FS already happened, you can’t turn back in time. FS sound more like their old concept, but still not really successful. So why not try in the West?

Not one of them is close to 30..what are you talking about? When they dropped Feel Special none were above 25 even.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!