Do we finally have an 4th gen BG leader? TxT vs Skz

• The top 4th gen Bg??? 59

1. TxT (33) 56%
    2. Stray Kids (26) 44%

Looks like SKZ could possibly outsell TxT with their newest album, which looks to be a wide enough gap in album sales to say SKZ wins when it comes to Physicals.

Both their charting seems to be meh in terms of Korea (tho melon changes make it hard to compare)

• Giving my unbiased opinion, I don't think there's a leader yet (If will ever have). Because, neither Stray Kids or TXT are dominating all the possible metrics (or almost of them) in comparison. And everything that one has an advantage, the other one is not far behind.

People will say "TXT" or "Stray Kids" based on their personal random criterias, but in the end of the day, the reality is that they are in the same level at the moment. And, deep inside, I feel everyone is seeing that too, that's why "who's bigger" between them is always debatable and If someone choose one above other, no one see it as a big deal.

• I don't think there's a 4th gen leader yet

but for the moment TXT seems like the front runner

there's currently 4 strong contenders for the BG leader of 4th gen ( TXT, Stray Kids, The Boyz and Enhypen)

Enhypen sure doesn't have sales as strong than TXT and Stray kids, but they are the most recent BG and are rising really fast and are doing not so bad internationnally

Same for the Boyz, their sales are not as strong than Txt and Stray Kids but they are i think the most relevant BG of all 4 in korea

Stray kids is the one who seems to do the best internationally and physically but they are irrelevant in Korea even after kingdom in comparisons of other groups, they are the 4th gen group with the most songs but they are also the #5 in terms of streaming in korea, with the boyz and txt above them with a gap of more than 100M

and finally TXT, they are not too far from SKZ in term of physicals , they are doing really really well internationally

and they are also doing well in korea being the most stream 4th gen group and also the 4th gen BG who's doing the best in the chart considering that they were one of the few BG to enter Melon 24hits and did it again with their latest comeback

so TXT is for the moment the 4th gen BG because they seems to be the only 4th gen group to have find a right middle between local popularity and international popularity

and this will increase only with the time

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• None for now. Also you should have added enhypen, Boyz and ateez to the voting options.

While stray kids have now crossed 1 million which is awesome - TXT will also likely do that with their next comeback judging by their trajectory (they are a year younger I believe).

I think the first group out of all of the above to have a modest general hit (charting in melon top 100) for at least a month and able to do it consistently will be the winner....

TXT had 2 great public friendly singles this year and still were not able to chart well so I really do not know what it would take to make it happen since song quality was not the issue there.........

• imo

there is still no front runner.

TXT (and likely Enhypen) could potentially cross 1M sales with their upcoming albums imo. TXT managed to do over 800k with only 3 vers and than probably 600-700k with a repack.... which is insane....

Enhyepn have sold over 600k of only their 2nd album (literally their first cb after debut)..... and they've had huge growth since than since Fever went viral and so on.

Internationally....i'd personally say SKZ and TXT are pretty even with both groups having their area's of the world they do better in. I do think TXT does slightly better than SKZ in North America and some parts of Europe & Japan while SKZ does better in SEA (as seen with their MV views) & some parts of europe and south america.

TXT remains to be the only bg other than BTS to chart on the US Spotify Daily Chart, as well as having charted an album for 10 weeks on the BB200 with a peak of #5.

myaza might have some more data about Spotify and stuff between the two acts to compare. But imo... internationally they are pretty equal

Than of course there is korea where obviously none are doing exceptionely well. However, TXT and The Boyz lead there. TXT seems to have more ULs than the other BGs in Korea as they have higher peaks on old melon (24hits) and Flo (Lovesong peaked in the 50s of Flo iirc). TXT are also the most streamed 4th gen bg on Melon iirc.

So imo right now its

TXT/SKZ

Enhypen

The Boyz/Ateez

for 4th gen BGs

• On Spotify its TXT>SKZ>>Enhypen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>others

pasted-from-clipboard.png

TXT is the only one who charts in US/Canada, in Europe its a mix of TXT/SKZ/Enhypen (yes, Enhypen does the best in some countries), except in Russia/Unkraine where SKZ has a bigger lead, in SEA SKZ and TXT seem quite equal and Enypen isnt that far behind, In India its only TXT, SKZ seems to do better in Latin America.

TXT and Enhypen also both had viral b-sides.

So I agree SKZ/TXT are quite equal, Enhypen is 3rd and growing quickly.

• Here we go again. They both have strong points and with the latest comebacks I'd say it's again in the middle. I'll detail a bit to settle this.

Spotify: TXT

TXT got impressive Spotify increases but skz is rather good too.

Enhypen too has been having impressive numbers for their "age", both for tts and b-sides.

Youtube: SKZ

No doubt there lol. Fans will say they are way beyond, antis will say it's ads, but they and jyp groups overall have impressive numbers with and without them.

Physicals: SKZ at the moment but tbh I expect them to have similar sales on the long term and not just the two groups.

Global: SKZ.

US : TXT.

Skz could do it with a label but yeah, TXT has amazing BB stats. They only need better Global 200 stats.

Japan: between the two TXT but Enhypen is getting an edge there. And SKZ is also rather good there.

Korea: TXT between the two but outside, the Boyz has probably the better recognition although TXT has more stable Fanbase, especially on Melon.

As you see, even if you take different criterias, it's rather even. That's why even though I'm proud of txt and will say they are the leaders (of my heart u . u), there's no definite answer.

That being said, there's something that's really certain:

listening to txt's Fight or Escape is a guarantee of good years to come ;-)

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Really? i thought skz had better streams than txt, just this year they had the 2nd biggest first week album debut on spotify and they are the 3rd most streamed bg on spotify right behind exo and bts :/

Anyways yeah even if skz is 1st in more categories it ain't by a lot so i'm afraid we still don't have a clear leader lol

Also f jyp for no us distribution, the boys need a us label too and radio play ||

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• Really? i thought skz had better streams than txt, just this year they had the 2nd biggest first week album debut on spotify and they are the 3rd most streamed bg on spotify right behind exo and bts :/

Anyways yeah even if skz is 1st in more categories it ain't by a lot so i'm afraid we still don't have a clear leader lol

Also f jyp for no us distribution, the boys need a us label too and radio play ||

They have one year apart and a couple more albums.

And their last album had 14 tracks.

It doesn't take out their achievements.

They are not that far from each other, I chose based on the global Spotify chart and myaza's chart above.

Their longevity for this year's albums remains to be seen!

• I don't see any charts posted above idk if it's bugging , but even when you look at albums individually go live and in life are the most streamed albums by 4th gen. They even hold the record for most streamed 4th gen song on Spotify with gods menu. I'm sorry but I can't say txt has better Spotify streams than skz. Their charting on the other hand is something skz doesn't have :peperain: we were happy they finally charted for the first time lol

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• I'd say SKZ cause of two constant Hits, Gods Menu and Back Door.

Gods menu is imo, the most popular songs by a 4th gen boy group.

But I love TXT's discography so much, So, I really expect them to grow.

• while you debate listen to the best BG bside of 2021 :pepepizza::pepepizza:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• TXT had a year disadvantage, but they're gonna cross 3M total sales in the August update along with SKZ. That's really impressive considering they have 6 albums.

And it's not like TXT has bad Spotify streams, plus their Korean charting is far better than SKZ's and so is their Japanese presence. The only thing they lack in is YT views, but when they can easily hit over 2.5M likes for comeback MVs, I don't think it's all bad.

We're all too easily ready to crown one group when TXT and SKZ are going to keep overlapping until one gets a real hit song.

Also people need to watch ENHYPEN. They could easily sell over 800k with the next album.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I feel like enhypen had good start alongside treasure and then nothing for a while?

I think they had the best debuts out of another of the 4th gen groups.

Treasure is on hiatus since 8 months though. Their last release was back in January. YG so not surprise.

I don't follow Enhypen but they sale a lot and rise really quick.

So I wouldn't remove them so easily. I think Gen 4 will be many groups at top. Stray Kids, TXT, Ateez, Enhypen and Treasure. (The boyz too but are they even from gen4. they debuted in 2017. Same year than Wanna One who was gen 3. Stray Kids could be argually gen 3.5 too)

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

• Treasure is on hiatus since 8 months though. Their last release was back in January. YG so not surprise.

I don't follow Enhypen but they sale a lot and rise really quick.

So I wouldn't remove them so easily. I think Gen 4 will be many groups at top. Stray Kids, TXT, Ateez, Enhypen and Treasure. (The boyz too but are they even from gen4. they debuted in 2017. Same year than Wanna One who was gen 3. Stray Kids could be argually gen 3.5 too)

Why are they on hiatus though? YG builds a fandom then leaves.. Boy group fans are not that loyal..

• I feel like enhypen had good start alongside treasure and then nothing for a while?

I think they had the best debuts out of another of the 4th gen groups.

Not an engene but enhypen is probably the 4th gen wildcard imo.

Honestly when you see their social media stats, album sales or spotify no's it's really hard to believe that they are a rookie group.

Imo skz are no. 1 rn closely followed by txt and then tbz, ateez, enhypen, treasure (in no particular order)

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!