Posts by Kouss

Honestly, i don't know why people were taking Bang/HYBE side to begin with. MHJ always seemed more credible. Her statements were cooperate double speak, she has obviously from the beginning, tried to be as transparent as possible. She believes what she is doing is right and HYBE is just being dirty/trying to smear her. Honesty always win in the end.

I think its also is a benefit that shes a women who produced a teen group. I think the situation goes alot differently if its a man ceo. Its wholesome seeing a motherly figure get thrown out from a group she nurtured into the top group in the country.

I just wanna point out how much better these boys have trained. There definitely are parts where they aren’t as confident (you can see it in their face and lower voice volume), but instead of just lowering their voice or completely singing out of key. They just decide to sing off key in a more comfortable range so they can actually hit a stable note and not strain.

ItILL’s problem was they decided to completely go quiet or strain a note, they knew they couldn’t hit and ended up sounding hella unstable and unpolished.

LSFM were dancing and a lot more adrenaline then a music show encore, so a little bit of instability is excusable.

Really happy for BND because they definitely are talented and their training shows.

problem is even if hybe copied nj so what? everybody knows that and still supporting them. but mhj claiming that its something bigger aka “cultural achievements” is way too over dramatic. her ideas and concept for nj are nothing original . she did not invent it . and its not as nj is not “copying” bp too in terms of being influencers or trendsetters . whole kpop industry is a rip off of us and jp music.

I just think it’s a little different when it’s under the same company versus a competing company. And again, we don’t know how interconnected HYBE labels are. It’s possible Belift has access to internal documents that show concepts passed over or M/V ideas, or even songs they were considering for albums. If Belift is literally using Ador documents to create ItILL then yeah, it’s just not a rip off, but actual theft. So HYBE is already getting money from the original, why do they need to be so greedy to get money from a knock-off as well?

Like everyone commended LSFM and NJ because although they are promoting at the same time, they are respecting eachother’s lane.

Every GG tries to be unique because that’s how you get fans. Having similar concepts, style, and music reduces the uniqueness of NJ and may pull away fans.

Yes no one is credited NJ for being 100% original, but they definitly revived a type of GG, when girl crush and harder/girl positive music was the main genre. So yes, they cornered a market that was basically getting ignored, so they should be seen as somewhat of a “cultural achievement” because they did change the culture of GGs at the time.

It could also be that when she was found out by Hybe of trying to buy them out, she felt that she was going to be fired anyways and she is just setting the place on fire before she goes.

I could agree with this, except her allegations aren’t random lol. She didn’t say Bang does drugs and is abusive.

She literally made allegations, that kpop fans without any insider knowledge can see. Everyone and their mom thought ItILL was a NJ knock-off. Ador just confirmed what everyone already knew.

Hence why i don’t think this is a simple “light things on fire”. I think both can be true. Ador Ceo could have started the process of independence AFTER seeing that her intellectual property (that technically is owned by hybe) isn’t being respected. Her point about short term profits over impact is true. Hybe decided to make a cheap copy-cat not realizing how that could be damaging to the original group.

So yes, i think Ador has been frustrated with HYBE, maybe because of HYBE management or maybe because they saw internal documents and evidence of HYBE copying NJ. Which after that, Ador CEO started thinking of ways to gain independence.

Both can be true and either way it makes HYBE look bad.

But i think the core issue is actually management rights. She may not be able to buy Ador of by herself (or at last a big part of it), but she wants management control.

Probably because she tought she was being sabotaged or at last hindered by Bang at the profit of his own acts. Which is very likely btw. Is that actually problematic in itself? :pepewhat:

It has to be WAY and i mean WAY deeper than this. a CEO of a company doesnt just come out and claim plagiarism with evidence. Im assuming BeLift/Hybe has an actual plan, like direction of the group, was to copy NJ. I think any creative director of a group would be annoyed with this.

My thinking is, there was a explicit policy to copy NJ. Who knows if because they are under Hybe, Belift has access to M/V ideas, concept photo ideas, old songs that were passed over etc etc.

I don't think any CEO would openly go to war like this, unless they felt like they were LITERALLY being disrespected and plagiarized.

Actually, yeah, we can call people out for rotten behavior.

That's part of the "real world" too.

Not once did i say you guys can’t criticize mean ppl online lol. But if you think you can “call people out” and eradicate hateful comments online that way or stop mean comments online (which some users suggested), you are delusional.

I simply made the point, that you guys (kpop fans) and LSFM aren’t brand new to kpop. Kpop idols have always gotten hate. They will probably always get hate. Celebrities all around the world get hate. Public figures around the world all get hate. Doesn’t matter if it’s justified or not. That is a constant. Unless you’re in favor of very draconian censorship laws.

So instead of living in a fantasy and thinking you can control 7 billion people, you should control the things you can control. How much you are exposed to the hate, how much you care about the hate, and make sure you have support when the hate ruins your mood.

The crazy part is, we’re all literally identifying the same problem: hate comments. But some of you are suggesting a “fix” that is impossible and ultimately not help the girls (because you aren’t eradicating hate comments), while i’m advocating for something that can/will actually help them, but i’m the bad guy :pepe-clown-gear:

I mean, one of us just lives in the real world, while the other lives in a fairytale lol. You are never gonna get every human in the world to be nice to eachother. If you think you can, maybe you are the mentally ill one :pepestare:

idealism vs realism

We should be trying to control things we can, and ignore things we can’t. The girls should have support system and support from their company, because stopping all hate comments is impossible.

Being in the public eye doesn't suddenly make it okay for people to be an ass to you.

It's truly bizarre that you think it's better for a victim to get therapy rather than call out or prevent shitty behaviour.

I think you’re misrepresenting my words. The long hours Doctors work is not ok, but every doctor who decides to take that job, knows they will probably be working long hours. Is that ok? No, but it’s part of the job and everyone knows it is, before they take the job.

That’s my point. If you choose a job, that involves you being a public figure, AND THEY KNOW, idols get hate all the time, and they STILL choose that job, then there is some expectation on their part, that sometimes in their career, they are gonna get hate. Idols have consented to that. If they do not want that, they should choose a different career. It’s that simple. Or they have to mind control the whole world to never say anything mean, which is idiotic. It is literally no preventable, unless you’re in favor of a mass-censorship regime and strong penalties for speech.

I choose a job that works 12hr shifts. I knew that before i choose the job. I also work a job where i could get hit and have ppl upset with me. Should they hit me? No. Should people get upset with me? No. But that’s the fucking job. I knew what it was and i’m happy with it because i love it.

Idols aren’t babies. They aren’t stupid. Company tell them there will be hate comments before they debut. They KNEW they would get hate. And they choose the job.

It’s a part of the job. They aren’t the 1st group to get backlash from a performance and they won’t be the last. They can either leave the group or get therapy.

There are tons of stressful jobs out there and when people complain about their job, they either get a new one or reduce their hours. If the girls have a problem with being public figures, they need a new job. PERIOD.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I liked this song way better than Batter Up. So im not too sad, but the female Treasure allegations are looking less accurate. AM i gonna have to eat my hat?

Only time will tell. Maybe YG will be saved after all.

I honestly think its the style JYP wants them to sing. But for pronunciation there on par, if not better than most korean english songs. What is annoying is JYP has no idea what a US market wants. We want CUNT. Club tracks, dance anthems.

Like he was so close with the practice room, athletic wear, then he goes straight 15 year. Granted i don't know the ages of the members, but making them a knock-off kpop group, makes no sense, because what's the incentive to like the knock-off, when actual kpop groups are great.

He needed to mix the positives of kpop with a western group styling & music. But instead, hes choosing to fail.

Not my thing, but its nice to see a group basically gain popularity from fans actively promoting them. Easily one of the cool things about how integral fandoms are to each artist. Nugu artist in the west definitely don't have the opportunity to grow like that.

bro do not be sexist on an allkpop forum. saying that the group isn’t special bc only women like their music…

i’m not even a fan of them either, but i don’t talk shit about bands that men love and say they aren’t special or good bc men love them

My intention wasn't to be sexist. Just my observation, from male fans online and male kpop fans i see in person, typically G-idle songs don't get much of a reaction. G-idle doesn't seem special to me, because i don't find their music or aesthetic eye-catching or special. That thought is completely independent of the make-up of their fans. Those were two completely different thoughts.

There are tons of popular groups that don't seem special to me. That has little to do with their fans being primarily male or female. Heck, most kpop groups are majority female fans, because its a very female dominated genre. IF i was gonna shit on every group with more female fans, there probably wouldnt be a single group i'd be able to like LOL.

I regularly go to kpop club nights in my area, and there WAY, and i mean WAY fewer guys who attend than girls (easily 9-1), so the guys typically hangout and are pretty close. From my experience, Queencard comes on, and all the girls go crazy while the guys are just meh. I legit didn't even recognize the song at first. Just an observation, not saying women taste in kpop are less valid.

But why are people so obsessed over it? I believe that some of you just couldn't accept it because pf the achievements/charts. Kpop stans shpuld stop obsessing over the charts, i dont even gaf if yg calls this as their debut lr not.

Kpop fandoms have always talked about numbers/achievements. Using a non-debut numbers for a debut ruins the validity of the comparisons made to other groups.

I feel like Baemon stan’s are being willfully dense. If all NCTzens just started calling NCT Dreams Smoothie comeback as their debut and just started claiming #1 in every 3rd gen debut category, people would call the fandom crazy.

So i don’t think it’s about being obsessed, it’s an appropriate response to a fandom being crazy.

I shit on Baemon because Batter Up was trash. Sheesh is way better, but their fans are burning hella bridges and annoying so many other fandoms, that ultimately this “re-debut” is gonna do more harm than good.