Genuinely asking why Baemon's Sheesh achievement is always in "debut" category. Isn't it unfair?

• I mean, I dont stan gg and and idc about how you guys brawling about charts/achievements. Didnt they already debut in 2023? And they won ROTY already. It's kind of funny to see how they desperately want to act like Sheesh is a debut song/album just because there's Ahyeon. Even Red Velvet (if I'm not mistaken) didn't say Ice Cream Cake was their debut song

Just genuinely curious cuz it's kinda become a normalized misleading title

Horanghae:p

• Neurotic02

Changed the title of the thread from “Genuinely asking why Baemon's achievement is always in "debut" category. Isn't it unfair?” to “Genuinely asking why Baemon's Sheesh achievement is always in "debut" category. Isn't it unfair?”.
  • But why are people so obsessed over it? I believe that some of you just couldn't accept it because pf the achievements/charts. Kpop stans shpuld stop obsessing over the charts, i dont even gaf if yg calls this as their debut lr not.

• But why are people so obsessed over it? I believe that some of you just couldn't accept it because pf the achievements/charts. Kpop stans shpuld stop obsessing over the charts, i dont even gaf if yg calls this as their debut lr not.

Kpop fandoms have always talked about numbers/achievements. Using a non-debut numbers for a debut ruins the validity of the comparisons made to other groups.

I feel like Baemon stan’s are being willfully dense. If all NCTzens just started calling NCT Dreams Smoothie comeback as their debut and just started claiming #1 in every 3rd gen debut category, people would call the fandom crazy.

So i don’t think it’s about being obsessed, it’s an appropriate response to a fandom being crazy.

I shit on Baemon because Batter Up was trash. Sheesh is way better, but their fans are burning hella bridges and annoying so many other fandoms, that ultimately this “re-debut” is gonna do more harm than good.

• Batter Up is their debut they even posted it as such on their instagram

Anyone who says otherwise (including YG themselves) are just trying to erase the fact that their debut did badly compared to what was expected of the group

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• they kinda did this with ikon. but then my type got kinda big that they kinda backpedal and say it is their debut.
    idk why they dont do that ?? like release batter up as a pre-debut ?? is it coz they already have dreams ?? but tecnically you can label multiple release as pre-debut.

it's confusing but my headcanon is batter up is rushed to reassure fans they the group is "debuting" when they could wait for ahyeon returns altogether. but then it's gonna be too long and they're afraid it's gonna be like treasure where the debut takes too long after the survival show and alot of hype is kinda gone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!