Posts by Kouss

Wait, they cant have prereleases and then a formal debut when the group present their Title track and the album? I remember MISAMO did something like that. Bah, in the end, whats the problem if this is their debut and not Batter up?

This is the heart of the problem. NO ONE is saying they couldn't do that. If YG had said, This is a pre-release and the girls will make their debut in April with a full line-up, everyone would have been fine with it.

But instead, YGE CHOOSE to DEBUT them with a subpar sound and unfinished line-up and instead of being honest about it, they called it a debut. So it looks like, YGE is upset with how their real debut performed and now is tryna juice numbers and change how their actual debut goes because they didn't like their real debut.

And to be real, it isn't really a problem in real life. Its a problem in terms of inter-fandom relationships. Baemon's fandom is running around using a non-debut stats as a debut to juice numbers. Does this matter in real life? No, but it terms of fandoms getting along in the broader kpop community, Baemon's fandom is starting with a target on their backs because it looks fake, cynical and success-obsessed.

This is what Kpop has been missing. Been into Kpop since 2011, and very much gives 2nd Gen.

It's kinda telling and ironic how people complain about the similarities with HYBE groups but put all the other big companies whom also have recycled sounds on the back burner because y'all are company biased and new Kpop fans. I remember people celebrating back in the day for HYBE getting big, now all people talk about is shitting on HYBE because they became one of the Big 3. Sorry.. YG is gone and I say this as a Kpop fan who came into this genre at 2011, the height of YGs success.

And Moka is stunning!

The critique is due to them being too similar. There’s a difference between, let’s say YG and ppl saying BP and 2NE1 are clones and sounds similar versus two groups close in age & same gen having the same sound.

No one would say RV and Aespa sounds super similar, or f(x). Twice and Itzy sounded very different. I think some Nmixx sounds (especially newer stuff) could be sung by Itzy. But these are all different gens.

Even SM, who promoted 127 and Dream at the same time, made an effort to give them distinct sounds. I think Dream is starting to sounds more like 127, but for the 1st 4 years of their career, definitely not.

So please stop trying that “whataboutism” this criticism or acting like it’s hate only because it’s Hybe. No one is saying LSFM and NJ sound the same or TxT and Enhypen….. Like maybe, that sounds are similar, it’s not just a hate boner for Hybe lol.

Gist is super talented and one of my favorite artist. Not only is he a gifted vocalist, but he also can hold his own when he raps. He’s definitely in a similar lane to Wonstein (both gifted vocally and rapping) and it’s why they’re both two of my favorites.

I didn’t like the album as much as previous releases. Emotion will always be my favorite, i remember i listened to it nonstop last year.

JYP wanted a global group to appeal to the west ig... which is so stupid bc kpop already appeals to the west so I dont get it either

EXACTLY. They created a group, for a market, that exist, but its already filled with kpop groups, so why not just make a kpop group? Or even go the XG route and be a kpop group, but release only english music?

The western members is only a good idea if they plan to strictly stay in the western eco system and promote like a tradtional GG, which hasn't been the case. Its crazy how people get paid to make these decision, but still don't understand kpop at all.

Their debut single didn’t chart at all in korea. This is in fact, and underlying problem that a new member won’t fix. Everyone heard the song, they just didn’t like it. No amount of Youtube Ads is gonna make them popular if they don’t show off an interesting concept & music. You can trash kpop fans all you want, but the results speak for themselves.

If you’re happy with them being female treasure, then ig there isn’t any problems.

Ahyeon just generate a bit more interest in the group.

It’s up to YG whether they will do well or not.

from people who knew who she is. I feel like a lot of kpop fans just checked them out because they were YG and after BP. But honestly a new member doesn’t fix underlying problems.

Here in the US, i heard ETA in a lower end Luxury brand store. I was pretty surprised and was trying to not noticeably sing along.

Not in a major city either, so also pretty surprising.

But i’ve also heard some BTS like Blackswan in my local grocery story in a town of 30k, so it’s really a mix. I live in conservative area with a really low asian population, so it’s a big difference from hearing it in my area vs SoCal

You want him to be gay so bad

It's perfectly possible that this means nothing

Let's not assume

I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy and gay erasure. Again, if this was. girl, no one would be making the argument “well who knows if he’s straight”. But when it’s a guy, magically it’s not related to dating and we can’t infer his sexuality. Again, it’s just a rumor so who knows and we might never know. Basically just a gossip thread, but getting a little annoyed with the dismissive nature, when that same thoughts aren’t brought up when it’s a guy and girl.