LET’S REVIEW: the top vocalists of 4th gen

• Who are the best vocalists of the 4th gen? Let’s figure it out! I don’t know every idol so I’ll be going off of your replies for most of this. I’ll edit this post as we bring up more idols.

—-

IN PROGRESS:

Top 4th gen vocalists:

Top 4th gen female vocalists:

1. Monday of Weeekly

2. Ella of Pixy

3. Ning Ning of Aespa

4. Bora of Cherry Bullet

5. Haeyoon of Cherry Bullet

Top 4th gen male vocalists:

1. Jongho of Ateez

2. Yonghoon of Onewe

3. Sangyeon of The Boyz

4. Yedam of Treasure

5. New of The Boyz

HONORABLE MENTION:

Yuri of IZONE. (disbanded) One of the best 4th gen vocalists.

Didn’t make the list but it wouldn’t be a conversation about best vocals in the gen if we left them out:

Goeun of Purple Kiss

Winter of Aespa

————

Ella of Pixy

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

link proof but keep it to like 2 videos please, so the thread doesn’t get clogged. or use spoilers.

Edited 8 times, last by euentbug ().

• Yuri IZ*ONE

:lover2::lover2:

Also, she just debuted but Chowon from LIGHTSUM has some real vocal chops this is her singing a ballad

• I’ll be adding Yuri in first place (for now) and Chowon behind Ella and Yuri but she may not stay. There’s not as much content of her vocals + she’s not quite as strong as the others but still very talented

EDIT: I won’t be adding Yuri :( Izone isnt active so I’ll list her in her own category

• I’ll be adding Yuri in first place (for now) and Chowon behind Ella and Yuri but she may not stay. There’s not as much content of her vocals + she’s not quite as strong as the others but still very talented

EDIT: I won’t be adding Yuri :( Izone isnt active so I’ll list her in her own category

NOOO MY YURI

:pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

• For main vocalists, even though I'm not like a stan, I nominate Ateez Jongho as the best

• Weeekly's Monday

External Content www.youtube.com

(check the pinned comment)

• Ning Ning

• Just gonna nominate Yonghoon

• Cherry Bullet Haeyoon and Bora are strong vocalists. People always forgot them while speaking about 4th generation top vocalists. Bora is probably a bit better than Haeyoon.

8zf-yB.gif   

Edited once, last by Eldeweiss ().

• Bang Yedam

• New from The Boyz

Sangyeon from The Boyz

Both of them have such a big potential, I wish for the opportunities for them to showcase their vocals more.

• Some of the 4th gen groups have too little live material to judge the main vocalists by.

It'd be nice if there was sortlike vocal analyses for 4th gen vocalists as there used to be for 2nd and 3rd gen vocalists :/

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• For main vocalists, even though I'm not like a stan, I nominate Ateez Jongho as the best

I’ll be adding him for sure. I’ve heard of his vocals, he’s known for it. I might move names around but I expect he’ll be in the final list

• Winter of aespa , she's better than a lot of main vocalist from most 4rth gen groups minus Weeekly and SN and aespa ofc

• idk cherry bullet that well, i’ve tentatively listed Ning Ning of Aespa at 3rd with Bora and Haeyoon taking up 4th and 5th.

since i don’t know them well, idk if the two of them should be above her or not. is there anything else you can send me of them? (or share your opinion if you know all 3 vocalists well, please)

• idk cherry bullet that well, i’ve tentatively listed Ning Ning of Aespa at 3rd with Bora and Haeyoon taking up 4th and 5th.

since i don’t know them well, idk if the two of them should be above her or not. is there anything else you can send me of them? (or share your opinion if you know all 3 vocalists well, please)

I will post others videos of them.

Haeyoon :

Haeyoon and Bora :

Bora :

8zf-yB.gif   

• Just wanna add my girls in case they make it to the list.

Purple Kiss

Swan (love the tone of her voice!)

Na Eun

• I would say Goeun is below Ningning but above Winter.

Usually I wait a few years before doing full analyses. My rule is at least 3 years. Most people have that rule so that is why there are less analyses of newer gen singers. I think Bora and Haeyoon are a bit below Ningning but overall there is no super ahead vocalist out of the ones everyone mentioned (so not like a Luna-Krystal gap) I do think Pink Fantasy's Yechan is probably at the top and Monday after but it's not super big.

That is why I wait. Voices can change. Example Hyolyn was much better than Taeyeon at her peak but she regressed a bit after BUT she is rebounding again. Yuju who is my bias in Gfriend also had a regression problem. Many vocalists improve. I don't have enough material for a lot of these vocalists.

A lot of times people confuse stability with technical proficiency. For example, all of Gfriend except Yuju are probably weak singers, Eunha doesn't really have a strong vocal technique. They could do the high notes in their songs though. Gidle has a similar story, where the main vocalists, are not the strongest singers in the group, particularly Miyeon. Stayc is another huge case. BTS perhaps. ITZY are not vocally well rounded but that is okay. Dreamcatcher too.

Bang Yedam, when I saw kpop star I did think was kind of overrated, but he is a nice singer. Maybe I was just salty for AKMU. I have not kept up with him or any other boygroup after so I will not comment for him.

• I do think Goeun is below Ningning, Haeyoon, and Bora (Winter’s below them, as well).

I’m going to add them to the honorable mention category though because we couldn’t discuss 4th gen vocals without mentioning them.

I’ve seen a lot of people mention Yechan of Pink Fantasy but I’m waiting to add her until there’s some videos as reference (live vocals, you know?)

• I don’t know much about 4th gen boy group vocalists so I’ve added the only 5 boy group vocalists who’ve been mentioned so far in the thread.

I have to imagine there’s others in the running for best male vocalists of 4th gen...?

• I do think Goeun is below Ningning, Haeyoon, and Bora (Winter’s below them, as well).

I’m going to add them to the honorable mention category though because we couldn’t discuss 4th gen vocals without mentioning them.

I’ve seen a lot of people mention Yechan of Pink Fantasy but I’m waiting to add her until there’s some videos as reference (live vocals, you know?)

Yep I agree. Yechan is probably close to Monday. Swan and Ningning are also super close. Kinda iffy about Denise but I have not followed her enough. I always wait for some time for that reason.

There's no super outstanding vocal out of them all, but that's because several of them are rookies.

There's always some time needed to see.

• I don’t know much about 4th gen boy group vocalists so I’ve added the only 5 boy group vocalists who’ve been mentioned so far in the thread.

I have to imagine there’s others in the running for best male vocalists of 4th gen...?

Boy group music has lots of distortion and mixing. Like BTS's permission to dance recently. Not hate but it's harder to gauge from there. The Boyz has some nice singers. Taeil is very good. I think in terms of technique he is probably one of the top. I don't know if he's 3rd gen or 4th though. Doyoung and some other NCT boys are also really nice.

• Yep I agree. Yechan is probably close to Monday. Swan and Ningning are also super close. Kinda iffy about Denise but I have not followed her enough. I always wait for some time for that reason.

There's no super outstanding vocal out of them all, but that's because several of them are rookies.

There's always some time needed to see.

Someone else mentioned Denise as well but she’s another one where I haven’t seen any videos and no one has linked any so she’s not in consideration for now, I guess

I think Swan is below Ningning, and I also think she’s CURRENTLY below Haeyoon and Bora from a technical standpoint (At some point, I think she’ll surpass them)

Yah so I have a list here for potential competitors. I’m really shook some of them haven’t been mentioned already to be honest.

Seoho (Oneus):

(Red hair)

Keeho (P1Harmony):

Seunghun (CIX):

Woobin (Cravity):

Taehyun (TXT):

Seungmin (Stray Kids)

Heeseung (ENHYPEN)

• Time to promote my faves!

Choi Jieun of Bling Bling. Check her out since you probably don't know her.

Also, (G)I-DLE's main vocal line Miyeon & Minnie needs no introduction. You either know them already or you're simply not worthy.

Finally, main vocalist Soyeon. Because she can.

• Cool!

I love TXT but they don't have the best technical proficiency.

Seonho is very good, he's up there. I think he's probably at the top.

Enhypen and Stray Kids are also quite stylistic, but I don't know Heesung well enough. Woojin was by far the only developed singer in Stray Kids, they are pretty weak. Seungmin is pretty light and agile.

Ateez are all weak vocalists but for Jongho. Jongho is a bit strained in many high parts but he's still above average.

Woobin is a lot better than I thought! I would place him at 6th. He can get shouty, but not bad.

I don't know enough about the rest

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!