[Let's talk] Is Treasure struggling ????

• First i don't stan or hate Treasure i'm talking from an exterior point of view, this thread is only to discuss so if you might get trigger that people might say that your favs aren't doing so well etc.. please leave this thread

we are here to talk so if you are here to quote everybody who doesn't praise your favs and turn this into a mess i don't think you should stay

Let me start :

before Treasure debut everybody was saying how Treasure will be one of the group leading the new generation with TXT, SKZ since they were the only big company BG who debuted in 4th gen

they had a lot of predebut coming out from a survival show, they are from YG a company who always had successfull BG since their debut, they had yearsof build up with yedam being expose as futur member for years before debuting

and their show make a lot of people hype their members skills and visual.

People were talking about how popular they were already in Japan and how they will be in Korea once they debut

they had content on youtube and uploaded a dance video who was well received during predebut

for all these reasons Treasure was always listed as one of the biggest competitor of 4th gen

now flashforward to now

they released 4 title track already , with 3 single album and 1 full album

none of their songs did well in Melon and it's comprehensible considering that it's hard to chart in melon

but none of their song charted in Gaon digital neither, for example even if you watch the charting of other 4th gen BG they all had a song charting in Gaon digital, the boyz, Ateez, enhypen, TXT even a BG like AB6IX who doesn't seem to be as popular than them and came from a much smaller company had every song charted in the gaon digital chart

and when you watch their physicals sales on Gaon even with 4 physicals release, their sales didn't made a big jump

i honestly always thought that they were doing really really well in physicals because a lot of people were saying this and it's true they are doing great

but when you watch their sales they didn't grow a lot at every release, their best selling physicals sold 290K if we doesn't count the kinho version with it

in comparison a BG like The Boyz who don't have the chance to be from a big company is already selling 367K

Ateez is selling 467K

and when you compare with other top agency BG of 4th gen

TXT already sold 700K in preorder

and when you take the example of a BG who debuted later than treasure and had less physicals release like Enhypen who already sold 622K

they seems behind in term of physicals compare to all the others 4th gen

even when talking about buzz among Kpop fans , i see very few fans of treasure in the other kpop forum in US and France

I see a lot more people talking about other 4th gen BG , that they are fan or just casual listener

seems like a lot of Kpop fans don't really take attention o Treasure

and honestly it seems like there was more buzz and talk about treasure duing their predebut than now

even in the koreans community, i see never any hot post about treasure or treasure member now in theqoo or pann etc...

while i used to see a lot during their predebut about mashiro visual

After this exposure of treasure performance, what do you think explain Treasure underwhelming performance in every area compare to other 4th gen BG ?

and what do you think YG should do to improve Treasure overall performance to make them more popular

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• SooYoung

Why do you constantly make threads about other groups and their supposed shortcomings when you get really passive aggressive when anyone mentions the shortfalls of SM groups especially aespa?

Am asking cuz its something i have observed...

• it hasnt been a year yet. look at UP10TION, they're struggling and they've been in the game for almost 6 years.

• SooYoung

Why do you constantly make threads about other groups and their supposed shortcomings when you get really passive aggressive when anyone mentions the shortfalls of SM groups especially aespa?

please make a thread about the shortcoming of aespa it'll be a pleasure to participate :)

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• it hasnt been a year yet. look at UP10TION, they're struggling and they've been in the game for almost 6 yeears

but Up10tion isn't from a big company like Big hit, sm , jyp or YG they are from top media

they don't have the level of exposure from a group from a big company

also Up10tion didn't have years of build up before debuting, neither a whole survival show to create hype around their debut

UP10tion wasn't as hype than treasure debut

and Up10tion didn't have 4 other successfull act before them to create a buzz around their debut

• Their reality show wasn't a huge success, they literally stayed one year on dungeon before officially debuting with losing a member pre debut. Comparing them to Enhypen isn't right as Mnet shows despite being rigged was always successful.

Their physical are great actually compared to YGE acts which makes more sense to compare....

Sure they seem "behind" others with more years of outcome, but I believe it's their music that should change.

They need better songs as their talent is already complete.

• SooYoung

and LMAOO when a come for coming talking about Aespa shortfalls is because they are saying that they aren't successfull or good vocalist with proof that it's not the case

my whole argumentation here is base on factual evidence and comparison of other 4th gen BG from less know agency or other big company BG to compare their performance

• Aren’t their albums sales good? And they’ll most likely continue to grow in that department. Digitally they’re doing bad but so is every other 4th gen boy group. Sure some are doing a bit better than the rest but ultimately the general public ain’t bothering with any of them let’s be real.

• Boring thread

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i think them debuting with multiple singles before getting an album was a dumb move. it did get them good total sales but the sales didn’t seem to increase a lot because the comebacks were so close together.

the songs also weren’t as catchy as other yg artists are known for releasing. they’re also not promoted well which sucks because you need to push a new group a lot for the public to take notice of them

but they’re doing well on youtube. their reality show gets a lot of views and so do their mv’s. i think it’s just mismanagement that isn’t making things work out for them because they do seem to be extremely talented and have great personalities too that are the two main things that attract stans

• Their physical are great actually compared to YGE acts which makes more sense to compare....

Sure they seem "behind" others with more years of outcome, but I believe it's their music that should change.

They need better songs as their talent is already complete.

compare to other YG act who aren't Big bang or BP their physicals are pretty great, i told it in my OP

the difference is that they are really behind in term of physicals with other 4th gen BG, base on the talk around them their fandom doesn't seem to grow that much

and in comparisons of other YG act who lacked in Physicals and were very behind other BG of their generation

YG act could shrink the gap with their digital who were most of the time better than other BG who were selling better than them

but it's not the case of Treasure

tbh I thought they sold around the same as enhypen based on all the comparisons and such but then I saw the latter have their two releases above/near 500k while treasure albums are all around 300k, I didn't know the gap was getting that big

I honestly thought the same thing, because people were saying that they were a big selling BG, and their sales aren't bad

they are just lacking when you watch the sales of other 4th gen BG

especially with the big Boom that physicals had for the past years

• Official Post

that's why i took the example of enhypen too

who's more recent as a group but already doing much better in digital and physicals than treasure with less release

even if they are both from a survival show and both from a big company

Enhypen is not comparable though. Enhypen debuted a couple of months after I-LAND ended so the audience was still there. It was over a year after Treasure Box ended when Treasure debuted. Plus I-LAND had a much, much larger audience considering it was live streamed for free with English subtitles on YouTube. The only group who can be compared to Enhypen is X1's debut.

Also Treasure sold over 1 million copies of their single albums combined in five months so I think they're doing fine.

• i think them debuting with multiple singles before getting an album was a dumb move. it did get them good total sales but the sales didn’t seem to increase a lot because the comebacks were so close together.

the songs also weren’t as catchy as other yg artists are known for releasing. they’re also not promoted well which sucks because you need to push a new group a lot for the public to take notice of them

but they’re doing well on youtube. their reality show gets a lot of views and so do their mv’s. i think it’s just mismanagement that isn’t making things work out for them because they do seem to be extremely talented and have great personalities too that are the two main things that attract stans

don't they have a show on youtube to promote them frequently in comparison of other YG act ?

• The real tea is that My Treasure is one of the best boy group songs this year

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well they are new so some time must be given. They'll most probably sell more this comeback. Also releasing so many single albums kinda didn't help.

But Enhypen definitely became the bigger bg that debuted in 2020 without any trouble. Even in Japan I think Enhypen is bigger. Already top3 bgs of 4th gen imo.

Nothing shocking again. Outside of big bang none of yg bgs were big and very successful . Not saying treasure can't get bigger with time but there is a gap.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• Aren’t their albums sales good? And they’ll most likely continue to grow in that department. Digitally they’re doing bad but so is every other 4th gen boy group. Sure some are doing a bit better than the rest but ultimately the general public ain’t bothering with any of them let’s be real.

yeah that's what i said but at least all the 4th BG charted a song in gaon digital chart

for a BG from YG who is know for good digital performance even for their BG and after already 4 releases it's pretty surprising that they didn't chart any song in the gaon chart

• boring boring boring

can y'all stream Boy please

External Content youtu.be

• The real tea is that My Treasure is one of the best boy group songs this year

I prefer MMM it's their best title track

• they are from YG a company who always had successfull BG since their debut,

They only had one successful bg. Bigbang was mostly responsible for the success of the company. kinda like bts bighit situation. bg coming after bigbang were mostly hyped because they were younger brother groups of bigbang but weren’t able to live up to the success bigbang had.

• yeah, they are obviously not doing bad and are so young that they can only grow from here onwards, but I was under the impression that they were leading 4th gen/2020 bgs based on all the talk here, yet the difference with enhyoen and other 4th gen bgs is noticeable. be it physicals, views, downloads, even spotify numbers. there's an increasing gap

• Treasure is quite a talented group, but their songs aren't good enough and the concepts and styling is way to safe. I prefer simple concepts more than the weird cringe stuff HYBE and SM usually do, but Treasure has been to generic so far. They remind me of all the produce groups without the produce hype.

Regarding the songs: YG relied to long on Teddy and G-Dragon and are now in a transition period. I think YG needs to buy more often from international producers.

• don't they have a show on youtube to promote them frequently in comparison of other YG act ?

they do but no one other than their fans and some other kpop stans are going to watch their reality show on youtube. we still have to keep in mind that they’re not a traditional yg group and that seems to hurt them because i don’t see many yg stans token stanning them like they have been doing. yg has a great reputation when it comes to groups because all of their groups have had great public recognition in korea. treasure don’t seem very yg so i think people just kinda lost interest in them.. they’re too young and too boyish for yg company stans

• I don't think they necessarily struggle, since they don't have even one year since their debut. Also, if I remember correctly, their debut was postponed a lot, so some of the hype was gone and also there were many scandals when they debuted and some boycotted YG.

As a personal opinion, coming from a big company is not a ticket for success. I didn't like Treasure's debut song, nor ITZY's, nor TXT's, but the next songs were good. Also, I think the boyish concept that YG is giving them is also a factor that doesn't help them. I think songs and concepts like the one from mmm are more suitable for them.

Another thing is that they are too many, the same problem with NCT. A group with too many members will automatically diminuate the spotlight for some of them and will give more to only 3-4 members. SM was smart to make subunits for NCT so in this way the ones who didn't receive the spotlight in one group/comeback, will receive in another. I'm lucky that I stan Haruto because I have the chance to see him often and he has lots of lines, but if I would stan someone who wouldn't receive enough spotlight, I might be frustrated.

Anyway, they have a lot of time, I will say that their sales aren't as big as the others because of their songs. Tbh, I don't feel attractive their concepts, I'm more into the "mature" ones (idk if that's the term), like enhypen's. But since they are young maybe YG tested the water and tried to approach a younger audience to see if they can get bigger profits.

• They only had one successful bg. Bigbang was mostly responsible for the success of the company. kinda like bts bighit situation. bg coming after were mostly hyped because they were younger brother groups of bigbang but weren’t able to live up to the success bigbang had.

i didn't say that they need to reach Big bang level of success it's almost impossible

but Winner debuted with a big boom, Empty was the fastest BG song to win in a music show and they achieve an All kill with their debut

Ikon debut song My type, reach #1 on Gaon, and got 18 melon roof hits

sure YG BG who debuted after Big bang didn't reach the success of big bang

or nevr sold as much than other BG of their generation but they were real contestant to them because even if they were lacking in Physicals sales

they were excelling in term of digital in comparisons of other BG

• yeah, they are obviously not doing bad and are so young that they can only grow from here onwards, but I was under the impression that they were leading 4th gen/2020 bgs based on all the talk here, yet the difference with enhyoen and other 4th gen bgs is noticeable. be it physicals, views, downloads, even spotify numbers. there's an increasing gap

thanks that's my point

they aren't doing bad

but for a big company BG they don't seem to be able to fight against the competition

and even if they keep grow other group are also growing as fast than them and increasing the gap

• egarding the songs: YG relied to long on Teddy and G-Dragon and are now in a transition period. I think YG needs to buy more often from international producers.

but aren't treasure song compose by them ?

I know that Ikon, Winner and Big bang started to compose their own song since Debut

i thought YG was using the same method with Treasure

• Official Post

Another thing is that they are too many, the same problem with NCT. A group with too many members will automatically diminuate the spotlight for some of them and will give more to only 3-4 members. SM was smart to make subunits for NCT so in this way the ones who didn't receive the spotlight in one group/comeback, will receive in another. I'm lucky that I stan Haruto because I have the chance to see him often and he has lots of lines, but if I would stan someone who wouldn't receive enough spotlight, I might be frustrated.

Having a lot of members didn't seem to hamper Super Junior... and that was back when no one did large groups. Not to mention Seventeen.

• but aren't treasure song compose by them ?

I know that Ikon, Winner and Big bang started to compose their own song since Debut

i thought YG was using the same method with Treasure

Mostly just the rap parts. There's a album track that is largely produced by the members but that's it. Most of the songs are still from R.Tee before he went to army in 2019.

• This thread contains 35 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!