Let's Talk Classics: Wax

• External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cho Hye-ri (Hangul: 조혜리; born May 31, 1972), better known by her stage name Wax (Hangul: 왁스), is a South Korean pop singer and musical actress. Prior to starting her solo career, she was the main vocalist for the rock group DOG in 1998. After releasing only one album the band disbanded, and two years later in 2000 she made her solo debut with the song "Oppa", included on the album Eommaui Ilgi, which was a dance cover of Cyndi Lauper's "She Bop". In 2006 she debuted in Japan with the release of the single "Akai Ito". Her albums contain songs of a wide range of genres, from dance to ballads.

Wax, along with fellow solo female singer Lee Soo Young, is noted for continuing to have remarkably high record sales even when the Korean pop market is in a bit of a slump, earning the two of them the title of "Female singers who don't know the meaning of a recession"

Stage Name: Wax (왁스)
    Birth Name: Jo Hye Ri (조혜리)
    Birthdate: May 31, 1976 (age 44)
    Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
    Education: Kyung Hee University
    Hobbies: Watching Movies
    Favorite Food: Korean, Chinese, Western, Japanese
    Favorite Artists: The Beatles, Alanis Morissette, Madonna, Sarah McLachlan

dbc026d965fba88cc859c0af5cb2c359389e575b_00.jpg

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• Yep I remember Oppa

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yep I remember Oppa

External Content www.youtube.com

A classic song

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• A classic song

Yep and basically the format for Female Dance Tracks where you have the Rap and "lullaby/high note" bridges.

But more important is that there isn't a single Solo Female Singer of this era that has a MV as diverse that song.....

Anyway I'm not sure if that's Ha Jiwon in the MV but I know she appeared at a Live stage

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!