Is it safe to say NCT are top 2 BG now ???

• IOI manged to release 2 eps in 7 months with members promoting in other groups, they just need better schedule, SM didn't arranged their schedules good enough and they always prioritize everything 127 over anything Dream for Haechan and MK, like any random YouTube show will be prioritized aver any kind Dream schedule, even awards show. A unit with the rest of the members and better individual activities would a worked too.

If their schedules were managed better, they wouldn't end with 25 songs in over 4 years and lots of hiatus, it clearly mismanagememt a big time and SM paying not attention to Dream.

• always base your info on Gaon numbers they don't lie

and the last Update of NCT

said that NCT part 1 sold 1.5M

and NCT part 2 sold 1.3M

Yep I figured it out eventually.

It’s really crazy growth considering how much less NCT127 sold barely 1 million at the beginning of the year. That’s why I want to wait and see how this comeback plays out. Was Resonances simply an exception or a new trend for NCT.

• Users in those forums always overreact like always. I miss floppy and all the others trolls with their fun threads these were 100x better than these kind of thread with fans who just overrate their faves achievements and spread fake numbers to feel superior.

SKZ good Spotify streams are becoming overrated because their fans.

The same with nct stans with digital performance being 32# on melon and Yt adds dosent make them a digital monster.

The same with svt.

All these groups don't have any big achievements but their fans fighting each others for their live.

• Users in those forums always overreact like always. I miss floppy and all the others trolls with their fun threads these were 100x better than these kind of thread with fans who just overrate their faves achievements and spread fake numbers to feel superior.

SKZ good Spotify streams are becoming overrated because their fans.

The same with nct stans with digital performance being 32# on melon and Yt adds dosent make them a digital monster.

The same with svt.

All these groups don't have any big achievements but their fans fighting each others for their live.

1.7M pre-orders are not a big achievement ?

Ok...

• 2ne1 were good in digitals (even their b-sides charted), physicals (for a girl group) and were able to sell out concerts they had world/asian tours you can't put them in the same category with sistar that weren't good with physical sales and barely sell out concerts if you were around that time you'll know that was one of the things they struggled with

i get what you are saying and obviously some metrics is given more importance than other and in some cases rightfully so.

If we consider your example, I think snsd will be on top without a doubt. Tara, kara and wondergirls would come second for me for their impact and results in China, japan and US respectively.

I would place 2ne1 and sistar in the same place cause of digitals but 2ne1 might have a lead cause of their recognition outside of korea which sistar lacked.

This isn't for this thread, actually, since this one is about NCT and bg's.

But I wanted to react, because the principle is the same for gg's and bg's: it depends on what metrics are included (or not) and what weight each metric will be given.

For the mentioned groups, I'd say it's like this (but correct me if I'm wrong):

* WG: peak early 2nd gen era, great digitals, great (but short) domestic popularity, ok (but short) international popularity, low physical sales

* T-ARA: great digitals, good (but short) domestic popularity, low/ok physical sales, ok international popularity

* KARA: ok-good digitals, ok domestic popularity, great physical sales (due to Japan), ok international popularity

* Sistar: great digitals, good/great domestic popularity, low physical sales, low/ok international popularity

* 2NE1: good/great digitals, ok domestic popularity, ok physical sales, good/great international popularity

Which one's regarded bigger depends on what people find more important, since each group had its own strengths: 2NE1 has the other 4 girl groups above beat in international popularity, Wonder Girls had a short, but impactful peak in early 2nd gen and together with Sistar, good popularity with the general public in SK, Sistar had consistently solid digitals, while KARA dwarfed all others in physical sales.

• you tend to downplay girl groups that aren't your faves. I remember how you used to put red velvet higher than blackpink so I won't take you seriously

ok domestic popularity? they were big domestically (after snsd) one of the few groups that had their b-sides chart digitally. Yg groups back then were liked with the general public. I think you don't know what you are talking about tbh and their physical sales were good actually especially back then (when girl groups didn't sell much) to anyone 175K, 2ne1 180k , 2ne1 Nolza 120K only crush were about 80K. kara had an advantage over 2ne1 when it comes to touring especially in Japan but 2ne1 has also world (asian) tours so they did good as well.

T-ara did good digitally but had lower physical sales then 2ne1.

• Goddamn, I already told myself that I won't be wasting my time in arguing with NCTzens like you here in this forum that kept on either being passive-aggressive or outright shady and petty towards Seventeen and their achievements. Alright, this will be my last reply to you.

If we were to go by your logic about your word 'nowadays' and since you included EXO in your thread, then does that mean NCT have also surpassed EXO now since NCT have sold more album sales with a single release, and how NCT have been doing better in the US Charts like BB200 compared to EXO? No. That's just outright dismissing EXO's past achievements.

Why do you think that even though both Seventeen and NCT have surpassed both SHINee and Super Junior in terms of album sales, those two 2nd gen bgs are still above them in terms of overall bg ranking? It's because of their past achievements during their time, those same achievements that did not go anywhere, wherein we have no reason at all to erase.

You're here outright making a conclusion for yourself and to a few of your fellow NCTzens here agreeing with you about this "Is it safe to say that NCT are Top 3 bg now?" when comparing NCT's current achievements to SVT's, while simultaneously dismissing both groups' past achievements, when 'overall including past achievements' is the valid way to compare and determine which group is actually doing better.

If you can bring up EXO in your thread about Top 3 bgs when they aren't even actively promoting as a group right now, which means you acknowledge their past achievements because they have no achievements right now as a group to compare to NCT, why you can't do the same thing towards Seventeen's past achievements while comparing them to NCT, when they're the ones who are actively promoting as a group? Absolutely ridiculous. You just made a fool out of yourself about that word of yours 'nowadays'.

You're not even a troll, yet this thread of yours makes you perceived as one. Therefore, don't be surprised if you see a few users/non-Carats here defending Seventeen and backing them up with stats.

• you tend to downplay girl groups that aren't your faves. I remember how you used to put red velvet higher than blackpink so I won't take you seriously

ok domestic popularity? they were big domestically (after snsd) one of the few groups that had their b-sides chart digitally. Yg groups back then were liked with the general public. I think you don't know what you are talking about tbh and their physical sales were good actually especially back then (when girl groups didn't sell much) to anyone 175K, 2ne1 180k , 2ne1 Nolza 120K only crush were about 80K. kara had an advantage over 2ne1 when it comes to touring especially in Japan but 2ne1 has also world (asian) tours so they did good as well.

T-ara did good digitally but had lower physical sales then 2ne1.

?

Like I said, totally depends on what metric you're checking. I'm pretty sure that BP doesn't surpass RV in every available aspect that someone can think of, so it all depends on what was being talked about back then.

As for the groups I mentioned, not sure what you consider 'downplaying': each of those groups had their strengths, like I mentioned.

Domestic popularity, meaning popularity with the general public in SK - outside of the K-pop music listening fanbase/audience - Gallup and sortlike reports were, are and will always be the best way to measure that based on the methodology that's being used.

As for digitals, Gaon is useful enough and there's no denying that Sistar and T-ARA (up till their scandal) did great with their title songs, Gaon's annual charts are insightful enough.

I quoted low/ok physical sales for T-ARA and ok physical sales for 2NE1, which is true: 2NE1 had better sales than T-ARA but T-ARA's were better than Sistar's.

• This was what I meant, and the same logic applies to BGs. Because there is so many metrics and different groups can excel in different areas, sometimes it's hard to really solidify who really is more popular.

And 23 pages in we see people bringing up various metrics and examples which their faves are leading to use that as justification to prove that their faves are higher

• People whose faves r fighting for 3rd place have no hit songs. Lol. If one did they would be #3 fixed.

■■■■■■■■□□□ 𝓢𝓔𝓔𝓤𝓝 □□□■■■■■■■■

0032d3e09166cb9a968ac75ab188ee513bc60563.gifv 6d8dfa2357ab0fdf5eaeb13dd6f7ce62bb23689d.gifv 83e7fb07461095e0251d47aebcc2c6cfcba8a272.gifv

• Android-robot-computer-notalent-voice-Yeonjun, is that you?

You're trying, I'll give you that.

TXT having dedicated haters means they're rising.

Nope, 2019

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Since it seems the thread is still going, I might as well promote one of my faves:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I know they aren't Kpop but please check them out!

I bias Mamechan

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!