Is it safe to say NCT are top 2 BG now ???

• oh lord. Will this end well.

OP, my one and only issue with this is how to count nct. Cause is it fair to say that they are all the same? Are they really one boy group? They operate under very different styles after all, and I don't know if they really are one. In this case, can we attribute nct dream's digitals to nct as a whole? This is my issue with these sweeping statements, the units have different standings and popularity and to say that any achievement is an achievement by nct as a whole creates issues because nct dream may not, for instance, be as popular in the us, whereas 127 is less popular in Korea, so to combine those achievements creates a false sense of popularity.

This was somewhat off topic. My apologies.

• kiniapurubudugumeaperaba oigeneupurubu lugumeaperaba

kiniapurubudugumeaperaba oigeneupurubu lugumeaperaba

Hot sauce gipi did that eh

nal ttara neon twist that eh
    Hot sauce taoreul ttae ooh
    ipmattaero golla ma dish

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think NCT is the clearcut #2 actually. I feel like the GP is making the transition from EXO to NCT, which is only natural since EXO is a 10 year old group now with half its members gone or in the military.

Obviously they're #2(along with SVT maybe) right now since EXO hasn't made a comeback in over a year. Maybe wait for their actual comeback first?

:whatr:

Overall, it's still BTS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EXO > NCT/SVT.

• OT: Wait for Seventeen's comeback to make a final decision.

but if we talk in term of number

NCT is rising faster

didn't Seveteen sales have been around 1.2M since 2019 ?

An ode (2019) with 5 version album sold 1.024M album

Hengare (June 2020) with 4 version sold 1.4M album

and their most recent album Semicolon (October 2020) , with 14 version sold 1.14M album

nobody deny that Seventeen might do well

but for the moment NCT seems to be the Top 3 BG

𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔤𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔞 𝔟𝔢 𝔟𝔬𝔩𝔡 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔧𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔨 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡

#irene from myjoys #aespa from ♡ æspa ♡ #irene from on the ground #aespa from ♡ æspa ♡

• Do other groups also have 10 versions, most of them super cheap?

And doesnt SM still give out those streaming coupons for Flo with albums? I think Melon is the only comparable platform.

I wouldnt say they have surpassed anyone, unless we take context into account. And if we look at Spotify, 4th gen is dominating there, I think before long they will take over.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Atleast 127 and Dream do. Last year 127 sold about 800k and Dream sold 600k. 127 and Dream’ sales have always been somewhat close. Then Resonance happened and Dream is selling like Resonance.

It would only be logical to think 127 will also sell as much as Resonance.

Yes but We all know that 127, Dream, and WayV promotes separately. So for this particular achievement, the one that achieved it is Dream not NCT as a whole. So for now I think it’s valid that NCT Dream is top 3 bg. Once every unit achieved the same achievement like Dream, then we can say that NCT as a whole is the top 3 bg. I’m not saying 127 and WayV can’t achieve what Dream can.

• oh lord. Will this end well.

OP, my one and only issue with this is how to count nct. Cause is it fair to say that they are all the same? Are they really one boy group? They operate under very different styles after all, and I don't know if they really are one. In this case, can we attribute nct dream's digitals to nct as a whole? This is my issue with these sweeping statements, the units have different standings and popularity and to say that any achievement is an achievement by nct as a whole creates issues because nct dream may not, for instance, be as popular in the us, whereas 127 is less popular in Korea, so to combine those achievements creates a false sense of popularity.

This was somewhat off topic. My apologies.

I understand your concern

But here is still the problem

Carats for example mocked NCT 2020, saying that even with 23 members they can't beat Seventeen which Means NCT will never do it

but now that the table have kind of turn it's no longer right to consider all the unit as one group because it's no longer fair

it's fair to compare groups to NCT as a whole when it's to mock or belittle NCT

but it's no longer fair to consider NCT as a whole when the table have turn

i find this "i pick the narrative that fits me" kind of hypocrite among the kpop community

𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔤𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔞 𝔟𝔢 𝔟𝔬𝔩𝔡 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔧𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔨 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡

#irene from myjoys #aespa from ♡ æspa ♡ #irene from on the ground #aespa from ♡ æspa ♡

• I think NCT is the clearcut #2 actually. I feel like the GP is making the transition from EXO to NCT, which is only natural since EXO is a 10 year old group now with half its members gone or in the military.

Disagree. How the gp can make a transition when they are not familiar with nct music especially in digital.

Also in 2020 gaon end chart Obsession was ranked higher than Kick it

• why do SM stans insist on putting the units together when they operate as seperate groups and the industry views them separately :pepefacepalm::pepefacepalm:

It's almost like they are all part of NCT. And depends on what you define as "the industry". Separating them won't make much difference anyways as they have 2 million seller units. They are at the top of the game even separating them.But anyways NCT is NCT. A 23 member-group and brand which took a lot of risks and paid off, and now that they are too succesfull it's suddenly unfair. Even if we were only talking about NCT as their yearly projects Resonance PT.1 alone became the best selling album ever under SM and with the part 2 Resonance sold +2,700,000 units. Acting like NCT isn't up there is just delusion at this point.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!