Is Jennie more popular than V?

• ? 116

1. Yes (51) 44%
    2. No (65) 56%

Not a huge gap but i think so yes. what do y'all think?

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No they’re the same level. Jennie is more popular in SK and V is more popular in Japan. People forget BP performs poorly there and it’s one of the biggest music markets. If we start using instagram to compare then it’s silly, Jennie has more followers but she has had it longer and despite having slightly less followers, V has more likes. It’s like comparing followers of AG, Beyoncé, TS and Selena, Selena has wayyy more followers but is she as famous as her counter parts????

• She definitely bigger than him in korea by FAR !

Jennie debuted as a soloist 3 years after blackpink debut, when blackpink wasn't as big than they are right now in korea and worldwide and didn't start solo promotions and she got an allkill

Meanwhile V debuted 10 years after his debut, after getting tons of promotions in solo, did a tour, with the name of the biggest kpop group label to him and couldn't even enter melon top 5 when the chart is weaker right now than it was in 2019 and he even promoted his song

And on the other hand you also have jennie dropping a single out of nowhere, with no promo, no teasing and reaching #1 in few days

V probably have the biggest fandom thanks to Armys and BTS name

But overall as an individual Jennie is bigger than him

• No, he's clearly more popular than her and known too, despite the individual results each bts member is way more famous than the average kpop idol. You & me was very unsuccessful on global charts despite the heavy promo, any song from V will do better even if is just 100% his fandom support without any promo.

• No they’re the same level. Jennie is more popular in SK and V is more popular in Japan. People forget BP performs poorly there and it’s one of the biggest music markets. If we start using instagram to compare then it’s silly, Jennie has more followers but she has had it longer and despite having slightly less followers, V has more likes. It’s like comparing followers of AG, Beyoncé, TS and Selena, Selena has wayyy more followers but is she as famous as her counter parts????

How can a group who performed concertS in Tokyo Dome perform bady in Japan? If this is achievement unpopular groups can have then I fear of everything popular groups are capable of achieving.

• The madness, first drag tae and now Jk...like the world is not encapsulated in South Korea people...everything begins and ends in SK for some for obvious reasons

• Taehyung is obviously the bigger artist and the more popular

Blinks spamming their delusions are not going to change reality lol

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• I'm biased but doesn't mean I'm not objective like I said jungkook is more popular everywhere else but jennie's brand is really big in korea she is popular with all generations I think I made a thread recently and after 14 days people are lining up to get jennie's tamburin

People lining up for Golden x Godiva just to be informed they were sold out before opening. Be serious. Lol

• Think Jennie is currently better off. Boy group members have a tougher time being taken seriously as they get older and move on to other things. Jennie has the cool baddie thing going which will always do well with both men and women.

• And you are just delusional lol

No, and the numbers back it up

they released solo this year, one did well, one didn't

She has her face plastered all over korea with her ads, he was a reality show with famous idols and she still performed better with a single that was one year old

like it's right there, what else is left to say

• People lining up for Golden x Godiva just to be informed they were sold out before opening. Be serious. Lol

People comparing the selling power of thee Jeon Jungkook to anyone atp is so ridiculous...he literally made an unknown Kombucha brand become the brand of the year in SK, him using Downy caused its shortage in japan and SK...and this is not even current JK I am talking about but JK from years ago.

Comparing anyone to him now is a joke, Korea or elsewhere. He breathes and he trends on Korean youtube...literally breathes!!

And before people come at me with kcharts, he had an unpromoted soundcloud release (which does not even have a MV) from 3.5 years ago charting in top 15 of Melon for weeks. He probably has the most songs (6 in all) charting on Melon Weekly for an artist in SK as we speak and yes all unpromoted in SK of which 2 are bsides, one soundcloud song and one song with an explicit tag which majority of Melon users cannot even access. You will not catch him on any Korean variety show, he barely did 1 music show for each single of his and that too only for his fans sake.....he is not even promoting his music or himself to kgp and yet here we are.

Regarding global numbers, man is pulling streams on par with Taylor, Drake and Bad Bunny's albums, with half their number of songs....please spare him from these delusional takes. JK is the 2nd biggest Kpop act globally as things stand only behind BTS.

Edited 2 times, last by paradis ().

• Meanwhile V debuted 10 years after his debut, after getting tons of promotions in solo, did a tour, with the name of the biggest kpop group label to him and couldn't even enter melon top 5 when the chart is weaker right now than it was in 2019 and he even promoted his song

When did V do a tour lol

• People lining up for Golden x Godiva just to be informed they were sold out before opening. Be serious. Lol

this is only an example and it was 14 days after the opening she is literally in constant demand by companies she popularizes trends she i just liked by the gp

• a tour???? ur just talking atp.

hope on the street

(she/they/no her.) most sane hobi fan

• The madness, first drag tae and now Jk...like the world is not encapsulated in South Korea people...everything begins and ends in SK for some for obvious reasons

Not only are these people who don't even live in SK speaking for Koreans but they're also wrong just on objective data out and not "biased feels"

On Naver 2023

YDsIC7q.png

On YouTube South Korea 2023 (for third gen)

1. Jungkook

2. Jimin

3. V

4.Jisoo

5.Jennie

On Google Korea 2023 (for third gen)

1. Jungkook

2. V

3. Lisa

4. Jimin

5. Jennie

6. Jisoo

The absolute foolery of blinks saying Jennie is on par with Jungkook on ANY ground is insane. Even adding on to what you already said, Jungkook is the reason WHOLE governments are now holding K-cons in the Middle East (Qatar), his late-night snack is now being used by South Korean embassies overseas in SEA to spread cultural awareness. It's even more hilarious that they are saying this as foreigners living 1000+ miles away from SK but can't show one objective fact to prove otherwise.

• This thread contains 139 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!