What is more popular between V-pop and C-pop ?

• What is more popular between V-pop and C-pop ? 7

1. C-pop is more popular than V-pop. (7) 100%
    2. V-pop is more popular than C-pop. (0) 0%
    3. I don't know. (0) 0%

What is more popular between V-pop and C-pop ?

• C-Pop has a lot known survival shows and C-drama who's OST-songs sometimes get recognitions outside of the country. C-Pop has also a lot very famous artists as like G.E.M, Jay Chu, Jolin Tsai and many more. It is also known trought former KPop-idols as like Lu Han. People also do know the Chinese AKB48 groups.

V-Pop's only popularity outside of the country is Song Tung-MTP most of the time when you ask someone if they ever heard of a Vietnamese song before.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I have been a NCTzen, officially, for a year now and the one argument that seems to never go away is the WayV is only C-pop or is both. I wanna say that WayV is C-pop but WayV doesn't fit the C-pop norm if you will.

From what I've heard, (don't hold me to this on Twitter people were talking about this and this is what a C-pop Stan said <3) C-pop idols normally stay in groups for two years at least and then they go into solo careers. The other thing that gets me is that they promote in Korea. I don't know if they have promoted in China before and I wanna say they have but this is SM we are talking about.

Also, whilst in Korea when they sing their title tracks they sing the Chinese ver. but release Korean ver. of the title track songs. Bad alive english ver. was a mix of Chinese/Korean/English. They also seem to be more popular in Korea than in China.

It's just very Kunfusing. I love WayV but I feel like SM is a little lost on what to do with them. Which is crazy to me because SM was planning on releasing a NCT China unit from the beginning. WayV can do it all though and have shown great confidence and potential with what they are doing. I am just really confused about what they are supposed to be when it comes what genre and where they are marketing to.

SM did actually promote WayV in China, but it didn't really go anywhere. It also didn't help when Covid came around. SM's plan didn't work out and WayV kind of fell through in China which was supposed to be their main target, so they turned around to promote in Korea instead.

I used to love WayV's music back in 2019-2020 but I don't keep up with them nor NCT anymore like I used to so idk what's going on over there. But I saw that WinWin is now apparently completely active in China. And I think it's for the best. SM really left him in the dungeon in Korea, he's better off earning his coins in his home country where people actually appreciate him and not discriminate against him.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!