Posts by chilltime

Min heejin's Antithesis concept for the girlgroup was focused solely on competing against Blackpink like groups if not bp. Sadly, blackpink was already done with kpop by that time. so aespa became the gg to step on for hybe. This wasn't a clash of girlgroups but a clash of concepts which hybe wanted to win on which jyp and sm failed to do when bp was around. hybe started supporting mhj's vision after successful debut of newjeans. it imploded fairly quickly after that.

It's naive to think that people don't want them to leave judging by all the comments here.

I have said again that the second most important thing for Hybe, after profits to satiate their greed, is public image and creating a legacy. All eyes will be on them and I think that the next couple of comebacks will be fine. Later on, no one can guarantee anything. I mean, even BTS had to deal with them half-assing stuff for years. And they are more important to the company than NJ and Illit together.

And this is not just a Hybe thing. This is what every fandom claims about the company of their faves. That not enough attention is paid to their faves. As a Blink you should know that pretty well yourself.

even though you claim to be a hybe hater, you speak like someone who has the company's best interests in their mind. It's nothing new to me as well because it happens when people we stan are in that company. But it is surely sweet for blinks now that they were right about mismanagement seeing how all members of blackpink set up their own agencies outside of yg. "half-assing" that doesn't lead to this outcome isn't really halfassing then imo. what say you?

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ?

who is this shaman lol. Seems they are right all the time because newjeans are on mhj's side in this conflict by comforting her. :pepe-cross:

Makes you wonder how much of Wonyoung hate campaigns were paid for by competitors

i have always believed hybe groups digitals especially spotify are fraudulent to make them look better but not many cared. does no one think illit is a joke? I'm sure min heejin does because all the marketing money from newjeans went to that girlgroup now. This is how things get started. The company doesn't really need to push too many buttons. only the right ones. Weird how it backfired and exploded from the inside like that. Too much toxicity in competition is never good. Keep it healthy should be the way to go for kpop companies.

ADOR statement had these lines

"In order to protect its artist, NewJeans, and for the healthy development of our country's music industry and culture,.."

"HYBE, a leading K-POP company, is blinded by short-term profits and copies successful cultural content without any hesitation, producing banality instead of showing novelty."

Right now, even though there is indifference from me towards listening to idol groups. BTS and Twice- it's not an understatement to say they have been diseases that ruined kpop forever by not only taking the k out of kpop but also setting unrealistic standards of what a kpop group should do at the tail end of their careers.

Ofcourse, the fans will defend them saying they can do whatever the fuck they want. hybe and jyp can do whatever they want to make money. But as top groups and companies, What happened to having a responsibility to preserve the identity of Kpop? Not just treat like it's a business. Kpop is not a genre. It's not just korean idol group pop music. It's not koreans making music. It is Korean music = Listening to Hangul. Can anyone read this? 미리 말할게 사과는 안 해. how the korean sounds to our ears.

But, I guess that's how it is now. I apologise for singling out only bts and twice because there are other artists who i can listen to like IU to understand the intricacies of korean language. The expert worldplay that is done from Akmu and many other korean artists and groups. But there is still a small feeling that doesn't go away from my heart, that even though these torch bearers of kpop (bts, twice etc.) have kickstarted a new hallyu wave, did they really fuck it up at the end of their careers chasing after short term profits. Did the long term appeal of kpop really not take a hit because of someone's greed? The sad thing is bts and twice were amazing but it feels like they tripped and fell right before they reached the finish line. They failed to leave a stellar musical legacy to look back on, not just for korean public but also for themselves.

Anyways, i'm rooting for newjeans to not get sucked into whatever kpop has become now and just be themselves. Even though their successful start seemed a bit fishy, especially on spotify, it doesn't really matter in the long term. People will only remember the most popular music they left as a top group of their generation. It would be a shame in my opinion if that music isn't really in korean language. <3 (idk why i typed so much lol. it's really nothing serious anyway. i hope no one takes too much offence reading this.)

It's really funny that success can sometimes ruin something as well. We just can't see it yet but slowly the whole shit unravels itself down the road.

Sigh...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

JH: If I wish to take ONCEs' side, I've got lots of things to say. We aren't staying silent of what ONCEs wish to say too! So let's win over it~

what does this even mean? what do onces want to say? what do y'all want to win over?