Why do some people refuse to believe NewJeans music is their biggest driver?

• In all my years following kpop, I’ve never seen a groups music so universally liked off the bat yet some salty kpop fans low-key act like they’re an industry plant :pepe-narrow-eyes:

You see that reflected in different kpop fandom channels such as AKP, Reddit, Twitter, Tiktok (where OMG is currently going viral) etc, in every country that is big on kpop their songs are doing well (South Korea, Japan, SEA, China etc). Their songs are letting them tick every box and you see that in the numbers they pull.

Some of the reasons used to downplay their successes are pure :drinktears:

• It’s called copium lol peeps can’t deal with nj’s success and it shows :violinist-pepe: You gotta be extra delusional and in denial to believe that nj blew up only thanks to hybe stans and spotify and “nothing else special” about them :violinist-pepe:

• Many people use terms like "playlists" and "Payola" to dismiss them to make them feel better but they fail to recognize the traction that NJ's music is gaining, which, of course, gives them stability and longevity on the charts.

• Some people will stretch their braincells to hell and back to discredit someone's success.It's truly a phenomena.

The pure volume of praise on so many different channels should make it obvious for even the dumbest people that their music is just hitting on a different level. ;judgingpepe:

My recent favourite one is people finding their YouTube views “strange”, saying they don’t match their streams (ignoring the multiple MV’s and long length). Some fans in shambles that a group is liked for their music above visuals and expensive sets by a lot of people :pepe-joy:

• Its because they're from HYBE.

Doesn't really matter how big the company is, if peple don't like your song, you won't be successful.

It’s the same for any product. Marketing only gets you so far. There are multiple box office flops that underperform versus their marketing. You still need to deliver a quality product or every big four group would be pulling their numbers :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• My recent favourite one is people finding their YouTube views “strange”, saying they don’t match their streams (ignoring the multiple MV’s and long length). Some fans in shambles that a group is liked for their music above visuals and expensive sets by a lot of people :pepe-joy:

Those people are also conveniently ignoring the fact that nj’s audio vids on youtube are all pulling a lot more views than the actual multiple mvs lol hype boy’s audio is at like 120m views which is 4 times higher than their most watched mv :pepe-joy: But of course the music doesn’t matter at all people are only stanning bc of big 4 privilege duh :pepe-clown-gear:

• music alone can't carry you on top
    especially in this gen

also their comeback song success most likely
    not due to music alone
    it more on hype created by their their debut + solo stans
    their debut songs is miles better than comeback

their freshness appeal cant materialize if the Newjeans members are not in their teens

• Those people are also conveniently ignoring the fact that nj’s audio vids on youtube are all pulling a lot more views than the actual multiple mvs lol hype boy’s audio is at like 120m views which is 4 times higher than their most watched mv :pepe-joy: But of course the music doesn’t matter at all people are only stanning bc of big 4 privilege duh :pepe-clown-gear:

It’s always the same types of fans on this business as well, massively insecure fans about their faves success, trying to find any reason their favourites can’t match up. Which obviously must be through unfair or paid for means, ignoring what’s slapping them in the face which is music that’s clearly resonating with a lot of people :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• Ive asked this before and ill ask this again.

If MHJ had left Hybe in 2021, took the five girls with her, and started up her own label completely independent and financed with zero Hybe involvement, and had come out with the exact same songs, concepts and aesthetics, MVs, and rollout...do you honestly think they would be even 20 percent as successful? :pepe-use-head:

They would be Weeekly/Everglow/Billllie level AT BEST. :pepe-popcorn:

• Some pretty big groups routinely release some pretty horrible music - and get away with it because of their marketing budgets. People listening to NewJeans and liking what they hear? Yeah, I guess that's threatening to those groups' fans.

If MHJ had left Hybe in 2021, took the five girls with her, and started up her own label completely independent and financed with zero Hybe involvement, and had come out with the exact same songs, concepts and aesthetics, MVs, and rollout...do you honestly think they would be even 20 percent as successful? :pepe-use-head:

No one with a brain ever said that nj didn’t benefit from debuting under hybe. But also no one with a brain can deny that nj’s music helped catapult them from being just another big 4 debut out of a dozen to hanging out with bts and bp on some metrics now, as a rookie. These 2 things aren’t mutually exclusive so stop bringing up irrelevant rebuttal points that don’t actually have any point at all i beg yall :facepalm:

This is so stupid and I'm getting kinda sick of you constantly bringing it up as some sort of gotcha moment when people mention NewJean's overwhelming success. Obviously, NewJeans wouldn't be as big as they are now without HYBE's reputation and financial backing, but that doesn't change the fact that a large amount of their success is attributed to their amazing music. If NewJeans were only successful because they are part of a large company then tell me why ITZY, aespa, IVE, NMIXX, and Le sserafim haven't even cracked the bubbling under chart while NewJeans are predicted to have two songs on the Billboard Hot 100 next week? Why don't these other girl groups have 400+ PAK's, 18 million spotify monthly listeners, and all of South Korea from Lee Hyori to your average listener wrapped around their fingers? Because, like it or not, their songs are good and easy to listen to, and a majority of people like that in music.

• This is so stupid and I'm getting kinda sick of you constantly bringing it up as some sort of gotcha moment when people mention NewJean's overwhelming success. Obviously, NewJeans wouldn't be as big as they are now without HYBE's reputation and financial backing, but that doesn't change the fact that a large amount of their success is attributed to their amazing music. If NewJeans were only successful because they are part of a large company then tell me why ITZY, aespa, IVE, NMIXX, and Le sserafim haven't even cracked the bubbling under chart while NewJeans are predicted to have two songs on the Billboard Hot 100 next week? Why don't these other girl groups have 400+ PAK's, 18 million spotify monthly listeners, and all of South Korea from Lee Hyori to your average listener wrapped around their fingers? Because, like it or not, their songs are good and easy to listen to, and a majority of people like that in music.

I'm sorry but i wont stop. Not until this cultural reset that NJ is engineering is stopped cold in its tracks. Someone needs to issue the clarion call to make Kpop great again, every day if need be, and if that task falls on me, so be it X( .

I mean you're a Twice stan, you should be just as concerned as i am, look at the absolute travesty known as Moonblight, and this is ALL because of New Jeans' cultural revolution. This reset will infect everything in Kpop at least for the immediate future, ruining literally the only good thing in modern pop music. Twice and Yena have already been ruined. Who is next? Stayc? Ive? Yuri? Eunbi? Aespa?

WE MUST BAND TOGETHER AND STOP THIS SCOURGE.

• They have released really good songs, and really good songs do well.

Now if they released an average song and metrics were off the charts and still months later the song is still top #5 in Melon, you would say sajaegi. wink wink.

• I'm sorry but i wont stop. Not until this cultural reset that NJ is engineering is stopped cold in its tracks. Someone needs to issue the clarion call to make Kpop great again, every day if need be, and if that task falls on me, so be it X( .

I mean you're a Twice stan, you should be just as concerned as i am, look at the absolute travesty known as Moonblight, and this is ALL because of New Jeans' cultural revolution. This reset will infect everything in Kpop at least for the immediate future, ruining literally the only good thing in modern pop music. Twice and Yena have already been ruined. Who is next? Stayc? Ive? Yuri? Eunbi? Aespa?

it won't bring izone back, im sorry

• I'm sorry but i wont stop. Not until this cultural reset that NJ is engineering is stopped cold in its tracks. Someone needs to issue the clarion call to make Kpop great again, every day if need be, and if that task falls on me, so be it X( .

pls stream Jo Yuri's music if u wanna make kpop great again :finger-heart:

• Its hilarious how they came out of nowhere and ended some groups.

... but xyz were meant to be the #1 gg of the 4th generation, we entitled. who are these nugus that ended us. boo hoo.

• Their newest album with Ditto and OMG is far from universally appealing. So I have no idea why people would listen to them other than because they have become popular from their previous album.

Even if we start with their first songs Attention and Hype Boy which are nice universal pop songs. I would say being nice universal pop songs just qualified the songs to be popular, it wasn't the main reason they're popular though. The main reason the songs are popular (and like I guess we mean streams and plays) is cause of the group's exposure not because they sound pretty good. Wouldn't it be the same for any artist's (K-pop, not k-pop) digital achievements? The artist is popular + the song is pretty good, or when a brand new artist on the scene suddenly becomes known with 1 song, it would be a combination of exposure + the song sounding pretty good.

Edit: Let me rephrase, like if a song of a totally unknown artist gets popular then it usually has something unique or special, however it would be wrong to say that that unique quality is the primary reason why the song became popular, it has to be interesting + many people have to know about it

Interesting with great reviews = "underrated" songs or movies, only when you add mass exposure it becomes a classic song, chart-topping song, world-conquering song, or a song with the illusion of being much more unique and special than all other songs, something that cannot even be questioned and untouchable

I think what I said might not make sense I am just thinking about it

It’s the same for any product. Marketing only gets you so far. There are multiple box office flops that underperform versus their marketing. You still need to deliver a quality product or every big four group would be pulling their numbers :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Yes, I totally agree about a quality product or something that anyone can get with and can then become popular. About other big 4 groups I feel like it is just a game of luck, like NJ music is pretty good but there are plenty of options for nice music and they somehow became a popular option

• so y'all collectively decided to forget that they come from hybe? cute.

I'll just let AI generate the response you'd love to get

hybe stan.png

• Probably it's not your usual kpop sound and many or us in Europe or US heard this kind of rnb songs many times and since many years ago

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Because only non-Big4 groups can succeed for their music and have organic accomplishments according to some K-pop stans logic.

Of course big company groups can have good music. The problem is that we cant know for sure how big the part of the music is. All we can do is assume. since we cant deny the influence of the industry and we cant know how big their part in the success is.

What we call viral hits of nugu groups are the only songs we can be sure that music matters since they are the only songs that succeed without a third party involved.

• Of course big company groups can have good music. The problem is that we cant know for sure how big the part of the music is. All we can do is assume. since we cant deny the influence of the industry and we cant know how big their part in the success is.

What we call viral hits of nugu groups are the only songs we can be sure that music matters since they are the only songs that succeed without a third party involved.

What kind of logic is this ;judgingpepe:

There are clearly certain levels of success from big labels, years/decades of it, that can be benchmarked against new groups to understand relative success.

What do you think the reason is that large differences in success can exist within the same big companies? :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!