Luxury brands in KPOP : has it ever impacted you ?

• Hi buddies !

Its been a while (more or less 4 years) that luxurious brands began to target the whole Kpop communities.

From ultra luxe to premium, from high fashion to cosmetics, idols are now big ambassadors of some very big names, and no serious brands can avoid that, given the fact that is isn't just the South Korean market but a worldwide market. And this strategy isn't going to stop, as we can see with Newjeans, each of 5 girls have already been selected as brand ambassadors for 5 different brands...

It is well known that several brands have grown considerably thanks to their asian ambassadors : Kris wu made Burberry rose from 20% (at that time), Lisa literally made CELINE relevant and trendy, Jisoo played a big role in DIOR strong growth...

So im curious. Do you care about it ? did it ever raise your brands awareness ? did you begin to like a brand because of your idol wearing it ? did you ever buy a product that was endorsed by your idol ?

For me, I began being interested in luxury brands with aespa and Givenchy. I also like Bvlgari because of Lisa !

UPDATE : so many interesting ambassador announcement !

BTS contract with LV is ending. I guess each member will have a luxury brand affiliate,

-> IVE Yujjn FENDI

-> Taeyang GIVENCHY

-> Jimin DIOR

-> Suga VALENTINO

-> Jhope likely still LV I guess

-> Eunwoo DIOR beauty - perfumes - cosmetics

-> Somi PRADA (she was LV before)

(oh & English is my first langage).

NCT1_HIRES-3-1024x547.jpg

NEO

CULTURE

TECHNOLOGY

Edited once, last by oxygone ().

• i have a nice pair of loafers that i try to wear a lot that are a bit precious, couldn't tell you that it was inspired by any specific idol for sure

owww i see. their style and fashion influence us I guess, even when were not that into that

I’ve never been a luxury brands girl. I have awareness enough of when I like things, and I like to look at them and see the styling, but I’m not fussed.

I’m just glad for our faves that they’re getting represented in the wider sphere.

i see ! this is interesting and I like your point ! its true that idols work hard, they deserve to have sponsors, sometimes that's even their main stream of incomes.

NEO

CULTURE

TECHNOLOGY

• oxygone

Changed the title of the thread from “Luxurious brands in KPOP : has it ever impacted you ?” to “Luxury brands in KPOP : has it ever impacted you ?”.
  • I don’t really support high-end brands - it’s ok if you can afford it but even if I had the money, I would want to invest it in something else more meaningful (fashion isn’t all that important to me). I don’t mind celebs being brand ambassadors, it is part of their job and many are good at it! Every once in a blue moon, I do take inspirations from some designs I really love and buy a more reasonable, similar items.

• girl, I'm poor ;judgingpepe:

im poor too... but still i allow me to dream hehe

I am a broke ass

And most brands they wear in the videos do not look like things I would even wear

same broke ass here, but I see, a lot of "high fashion" can be weird and only looks good on Kpop performance but not when we want to wear it xd

wonyoung made me notice miu miu, so if they were going for brand awareness they succeeded with me lol

yes same for me and Miu miu, so I guess it worked a lot ! haha

NEO

CULTURE

TECHNOLOGY

• no

and honestly I've noticed few things that people don't talk about much

actually all those big companies have multiple shops in Seoul

I don't mean multiple brands have just 1 shop

I'm talking that Louis Vuitton has at least 3, Dior the same

etc.

so honestly they just target Korean actors and kpop idols because there is 50M Koreans,

South Korea is rich country, and it makes sense

of course when you have situation when brand will ask for BTS or BP member then it kinds of means more

but other than that not really

from other groups the big things if I remember well was when Sana and Chaeyoung from Twice attended fashion show

and also aespa when NingNing flied in separate flight and she looked pissed off later xD

other than that when you have 25-30 male and female Idols posting photo on instagram with same bag...

it really makes no sense because then item kind of loses it's exclusiveness...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've read fashion magazines since I was very young, so I already knew all these brands names. I don't usually buy high fashion clothes, I'm more into a casual style (the most expensive shoes I've ever bought are Converse, Vans or Timberland lol), and while I enjoy knowing what clothes are idols wearing, I don't buy them, unless I really really love a piece of clothing, and I can afford it of course.

• Jisoo played a big role in DIOR strong growth...

do you have some numbers? because dior has always been HUGE. everyone knows dior, even people who couldn't care less about fashion brands have heard of dior

i heard about celine thanks to V, he wore celine t shirts in few of his lives. i don't follow blackpink and i had no idea lisa is endorsing the brand

back to topic; i have no idea which idol endorses what brand but i have heard of all the brands they endorse apart from above mentioned celine. i don't have money to buy them but if i did idols would have no impact on my choice

• not really

Most luxury items kpop idols and influencers wear are very into your face, new money vibe.

They don't even look classy and pretty.

I much prefer stylists who make custom outfits for each comeback.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah, they made me realise how ugly some fashion brand can be.

my current fave

External Content twitter.com

wtf

• Well first of all they stood out to me more. Like when I see dior I think oh Jisoo is an ambassador for that brand or when I hear Louis Vuitton my mind immediately goes to BTS.

But I never thought about buying any of their products, way too expensive for me. My parents and me will stick to Coach, Michael Kors, Kate Spades and products on Costco thank you very much.

• do you have some numbers? because dior has always been HUGE. everyone knows dior, even people who couldn't care less about fashion brands have heard of dior

i heard about celine thanks to V, he wore celine t shirts in few of his lives. i don't follow blackpink and i had no idea lisa is endorsing the brand

back to topic; i have no idea which idol endorses what brand but i have heard of all the brands they endorse apart from above mentioned celine. i don't have money to buy them but if i did idols would have no impact on my choice

Dior has always been huge but Celine was a step behind especially in Korea, not everyone was promoting Celine 2-3 years ago so lisa made it relevant.

• Dior has always been huge but Celine was a step behind especially in Korea, not everyone was promoting Celine 2-3 years ago so lisa made it relevant.

i'm not denying it, i'm not denying her impact. i was trying to say that armys don't keep up with bp activities, why would we know that lisa is a brand ambassador. v's impact is also big and celine itself acknowledged it by inviting him to the party in paris despite him not being officially involved with the brand in any way

• Dior has always been huge but Celine was a step behind especially in Korea, not everyone was promoting Celine 2-3 years ago so lisa made it relevant.

Dior was rebranding by edi slimane same guy who working for Celine right now and Celine growing rapidly thanks to Hedi and Lisa.

Hedi make Dior men famous before he move to YSL

• Nope. I live in a Western country and I haven't seen any Kpop idol do some big impact for a brand here. I always knew about these brands from the internet

The reason why luxury hired many Kpop now because thiers impact on growing market in Asia especially China. That's why Blackpinks are superior in fashion world but hater love mocking Blackpink sea popularity lol. Sea country economy is fastest growing in this world right now

• Not at all, I’m not into high end fashion at all (I just wear what’s comfy or I think is cool) so I’m not their target audience anyway. Hell I never even heard some of these brands mentioned in this thread like celine or bvlgari (how do even pronounce that lol)

• facts. the richest people i know inherit a lot of their stuff (which is high quality) and/or dress pretty normal. there's no sense of aspiration to attract them to luxury clothes

If you can see a brand logo you know that it’s not for the rich lol. The more high quality but less recognizable by brand it is, that’s what actual rich people be buying.

• I have always known about luxury brands but most of them are not my type since they have huge in-your-face logos.

If I had the money, I would go for more classy brands like Moynat, Delvaux, Loro Piana, Roger Vivier, and Stuart Weitzman.

However, I do like a few pieces from popular luxury brands like the Celine classic box bag, YSL sac de jour, and Gucci horsebit 1955 shoulder bag(the brown leather one no monograms)

• I have always known about luxury brands but most of them are not my type since they have huge in-your-face logos.

If I had the money, I would go for more classy brands like Moynat, Delvaux, Loro Piana, Roger Vivier, and Stuart Weitzman.

However, I do like a few pieces from popular luxury brands like the Celine classic box bag, YSL sac de jour, and Gucci horsebit 1955 shoulder bag(the brown leather one no monograms)

Loro Piana is like crack to me, i know it's not great value but it's just so clean

• I like looking at the aesthetics these designers can create, so I pay attention to the high fashion spreads etc, but the most that happens is I take inspo by recreating something in a color combo or texture, or fit I liked with clothes that fit and flatter me and more importantly, that I was able to afford.

• Ive always loved lux, money and richness so all the high end / luxury brands are familiar to me. Idols dont affect my decision of purchasing something. Maybe in my early kpop years i bought some innisfree flops because of Yoona but not anymore.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!