Posts by oxygone

HI FRIENDS

Yesterday the 3rd episode of NCT Universe : LASTART aired. It was good !!!

Training ! trainees struggling ! SM mentors ! Taemin, Donghae, Ryewook !

One 100% live performance ! SHINEE Lucifer cover !!!! no pre record vocals !!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It was soooooo good !

Yushi & Sion are definitively center, aces, and carried the perf.

Jungmin strong vocals are a need. Ryo did a ok job.

Anderson didn't make his part very impactful but he did great to me.
    Sadly, I think Heitetsu and Kassho cannot fit the standard to be able to debut.

I can't wait for next week Team B Super Junior "U" !

Next performances will also include ; EXO Electric Kiss, NCT Boss & 90s love, NCT 127 Simon says, Keep your head down and Candy !

All of these songs are hard as hell to cover. But at least, they don't cover Wolf or Mirotic....

Since you touched on f(x) and Aespa so well I'm curious your overall take on Red Velvet.

girl I could write a thesis on them

RV is an awesome group, I would say a bit between fx and aespa

I think they also had a huge marketing/concept team

their music is also unique/iconic

they were def not niche like fx, sm wanted hit summer songs and they got it

their niche songs are the best imo, like Automatic, oots, ...

I remember their concept was having no concept except mature(velvet) and cute(red)

because f(x) was so unique, they had of course producers and artistic directors that made them and created their concept... but the girls were just avant-gardiste, and nobody can ever copy them

aespa is great but I bet 150 analysts and marketing ppl worked on their story / concept (which I love

f(x) is a vibe, a world, it was just "they are"

Kpop lose a lot when f(x) disapparead

I still have a hope some f(x) songs will be covered in girls survival shows ! red light was my favorite

I usually don't watch bg survival show

But considering it was NCT i tried to give it a chance

But i didn't like the format

We don't see them train, we don't see them struggling etc... I just see performance

yup its SM 1st survival show, its very a small format (no more than 8 episodes I guess)

we will see them struggling in the next episode, episode 3, they will have mentors (Taemin, Donghae, Taeyong, etc etc)

hi friends

Bad promotions, no hype for their new survival shows...and no treads on this forum...so Im just gonna make it.

Now, SM is preparing their last unit, NCT Tokyo, that will be Japan oriented (with some Korean members.)

Because there is no hype, SM is incapable of doing promotions, I will tell you what will happen.

main trailer :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

THE CONCEPT : 2 smrookies that are already set to debut (YUSHI (JP) & SION (KR)) ; 10 trainees that will compete to debut : 4 places : a final unit of 6 members. (yes, 6, a very bizarre number..)

Anyway.

FIRST & SECOND EP : DUO PERFORMANCES

SMROOKIES : Yushi (pink) & Sion (blue)

trained 4-5 years, are quite ready to debut, even tho Yushi is better. Sion is JAEHYUN CHILD. Like him, 5 years younger.

Anderson & Haruta (trained less than 6 months) :

Anderson is sure to debut cause he's English fluent. (Canada). and a good expressive dancer. He looks like Huening kai too. Haruta is forgettable.

Jungmin & Minjae (the Korean duo of group)

they sing well. Jungmin has a unique voice, he's gonna debut, but I bet he doesn't speak Japanese at all. gonna see him singing in Japanese to see what's he capable. NO STAGE PRESENCE

Kassho & Heitetsu (trained around 1 year)

the worst perf, did a poor job, perf wasn't good at all. not gonna debut except a miracle. Kassho has incredible visuals but that's all. I even forget their performance.

Riku & Ryu. Ryu has less than 2 weeks of training in SM (he trained in Japan before) and he's half JP-Filipino and the younger brother of a exile member.

THE BEST PERF SO FAR. Riku is an absolute judge/fans favorite, 100% gonna debut.

I love Ryu, he's my favorite, remind me of Jonghyun/Xiaojun a lot, he can be a excellent vocalist with SM training

I beg SM don't be stupid

SAkuya & Ryo

enjoyable perf but Ryo didn't deserve 4th place.

kids are born in 2007. would be stupid to make them debut over Ryu imo.

CONCLUSION :

- Top 2 is gonna be : Anderson (fluent English), Riku (most talented obviously) -> will 100% debut

- I hope SM are not incredible imbeciles to no debut Ryu. Like please SM ????? you got one job, im SCARED for him

- Not a fan of having Jungmin, he got a good voice but he's Korean, bro gonna not understand a thing

- Yushi & Sion gonna perform ALL performances so its good to see the Neo vibe check & chemistry

- i personaly don't enjoy seing very young kid debut so I hope the older ones gonna debut over the kids

Let me know if you watched it too. !

He's going solo and is still under sm entertainment. It is clown world funny though about fans 🤡🤡🤡 pure hypocrite shit they coo and awee at male idols saying how sexy etc he is as a fuckboy/frat boy. X idol actually is this now fans are upset 🤡🤡🤡🤡 bruh how can you say you want a "bad boy" then cry when that person is exactly what you wished for?🤡🤡🤡

Im also upset like you, I get what you mean.

I also think that he shouldn't be canceled for this behavior, but overall, its a BAD behavior. As an idol, SM prove us it is not acceptable. We cannot do anything about that !

This is sad and we'll never know what happened inside SM.

This is the best business and overall decision for both parties tho.

Looks like Lucas will go solo. He got a lot of solo fans (Lumis) and +12M followers Insta, influence power, strong visuals... if bro is getting his shit together (I guess bad habits, f-boys behaviors??) he can be a big big solo star.

He got international fans, Chinese and maybe Thai. He can grab money if he behaves well !!!!

Im sad for OT23 but def The best path for him

hope he will not do a Kris lol

My friends, thank you all for you answers.

I understand that *almost nobody* can buy clothes from luxury brands.

But brand awareness is more than that : maybe someone will buy DIOR lipstick, which is a accessible luxury good ! its the whole strategy for luxury brands, to attract new clients with accessories, mini bags, Make up, perfume...you can buy a part of the dream for less than 100$. (esp perfumes)

But that was very interesting ! and the new fashion announcement makes me excited !!

I’m poor but i want to buy a luxury bag a day either LV or Dior.

thats a good choice ! me too honestly

Yeah, they made me realise how ugly some fashion brand can be.

yeah agree hahaha

yeah you got a very right point. especially the whole Prada communication, they all had the same, so I felt a bit bad for the "true (?)" ambassadors that were kinda Sana & Jaehyun that all of them received the same sponsored bag. somehow we overestimate Kpop idols influence since Kpop is not that well see in GP...

I've read fashion magazines since I was very young, so I already knew all these brands names. I don't usually buy high fashion clothes, I'm more into a casual style (the most expensive shoes I've ever bought are Converse, Vans or Timberland lol), and while I enjoy knowing what clothes are idols wearing, I don't buy them, unless I really really love a piece of clothing, and I can afford it of course.

yeah, high fashion looks cool on idols but its unlikely for us to go to buy it. But they can be other things, and far more accessible, like cosmetics, perfumes and fine jewelry !

do you have some numbers? because dior has always been HUGE. everyone knows dior, even people who couldn't care less about fashion brands have heard of dior

i heard about celine thanks to V, he wore celine t shirts in few of his lives. i don't follow blackpink and i had no idea lisa is endorsing the brand

back to topic; i have no idea which idol endorses what brand but i have heard of all the brands they endorse apart from above mentioned celine. i don't have money to buy them but if i did idols would have no impact on my choice

actually its VERY hard to find exact numbers, bcs Jisoo influence is difficult to quantify, especially during the fashion week, when her apperacene generated millions of likes and views, trends, and nobody can really tell how much it impacted DIOR turnover. I guess only ppl working here kinda know, but its huge. I only can tell that DIOR is now a 7 billion $ firm, grew x3 in 5 years, Asia and SK played a important role in that, so Jisoo is def a big factor of it. it was already well know in SK ofc, but her and Yuna Kim made it even more younger, relevant, and desirable

Its true that V wore a lot of Celine ! he played a big role in Celine awareness with Bogum for male fashion...and I guess for female too. Lisa is the human Celine today, and it is estimated that she is responsible for 80-90% of the brand image awareness.

and I see, you're not influenced but idols, after all they wear a lot of expensive things so we cannot really relate and afford

I agree, with the whole new money vibe. and they have stylists also that coordinate everything to make It look coherent. Customer outfits are def something unique in Kpop and I love It to !!

my current fave

External Content twitter.com

wtf

yeah, idk what they were thinking with these edgy clothes. overall LV has clothes for 30yo mature women. Im sure they targeting teenagers with Hyein, that will buy fine jewelry, bags and accessories, not clothes, this has to be their strategy.

Well first of all they stood out to me more. Like when I see dior I think oh Jisoo is an ambassador for that brand or when I hear Louis Vuitton my mind immediately goes to BTS.

But I never thought about buying any of their products, way too expensive for me. My parents and me will stick to Coach, Michael Kors, Kate Spades and products on Costco thank you very much.

interesting ! and yeah, the brands use them as faces and ambassadors so it kinda worked on you. its clear that is so expensive. premium goods are a good compromise and good quality too.

Dior has always been huge but Celine was a step behind especially in Korea, not everyone was promoting Celine 2-3 years ago so lisa made it relevant.

Lisa made Celine relevant, especially in Asia, including a lot of Chinese young girls and women that now see the triomphe bag line as a classic. it also impacted the whole brand. Im in Paris, and a lot of tourists and even Parisian girls wear Celine. its timeless and chic, relevant again.

girl, I'm poor ;judgingpepe:

im poor too... but still i allow me to dream hehe

I am a broke ass

And most brands they wear in the videos do not look like things I would even wear

same broke ass here, but I see, a lot of "high fashion" can be weird and only looks good on Kpop performance but not when we want to wear it xd

wonyoung made me notice miu miu, so if they were going for brand awareness they succeeded with me lol

yes same for me and Miu miu, so I guess it worked a lot ! haha

i have a nice pair of loafers that i try to wear a lot that are a bit precious, couldn't tell you that it was inspired by any specific idol for sure

owww i see. their style and fashion influence us I guess, even when were not that into that

I’ve never been a luxury brands girl. I have awareness enough of when I like things, and I like to look at them and see the styling, but I’m not fussed.

I’m just glad for our faves that they’re getting represented in the wider sphere.

i see ! this is interesting and I like your point ! its true that idols work hard, they deserve to have sponsors, sometimes that's even their main stream of incomes.

Hi buddies !

Its been a while (more or less 4 years) that luxurious brands began to target the whole Kpop communities.

From ultra luxe to premium, from high fashion to cosmetics, idols are now big ambassadors of some very big names, and no serious brands can avoid that, given the fact that is isn't just the South Korean market but a worldwide market. And this strategy isn't going to stop, as we can see with Newjeans, each of 5 girls have already been selected as brand ambassadors for 5 different brands...

It is well known that several brands have grown considerably thanks to their asian ambassadors : Kris wu made Burberry rose from 20% (at that time), Lisa literally made CELINE relevant and trendy, Jisoo played a big role in DIOR strong growth...

So im curious. Do you care about it ? did it ever raise your brands awareness ? did you begin to like a brand because of your idol wearing it ? did you ever buy a product that was endorsed by your idol ?

For me, I began being interested in luxury brands with aespa and Givenchy. I also like Bvlgari because of Lisa !

UPDATE : so many interesting ambassador announcement !

BTS contract with LV is ending. I guess each member will have a luxury brand affiliate,

-> IVE Yujjn FENDI

-> Taeyang GIVENCHY

-> Jimin DIOR

-> Suga VALENTINO

-> Jhope likely still LV I guess

-> Eunwoo DIOR beauty - perfumes - cosmetics

-> Somi PRADA (she was LV before)

(oh & English is my first langage).

loooool

yeah these girls are not victims

cheating is bad but these girls really needed to have their moment of fame ?

90% of kpop male idols are fuckboys

NCT is also becoming very popular and NCT2021 is coming. I see that some fandoms are gonna be happy that this controversy happened.

public revenge..attention grab... so the 2/1 girls are bored god. Lucas apologized bcs SM want to preserve him hes the most popular members of all NCT... they better expose the entire industry because im sure that all korean actors, idols, males and females behave the same.

SO CAN WE EXPOSE THE WHOLE INDUSTRY LIKE THAT ? :))))