Is there any brother/sister group pair that is more similar in success than Rocket Punch and Drippin

• I don't think I know something like that because many companies have total different results

The biggest differency in a company is most likly WM Entertainment. Everyone thinks this was the company who only has Oh My Girl, forgetting that ONF is also signed to the same company, wich is quit sad.

Another company who sucks butt is MLD Entertainment. They could've make TFN super famous but ruined it trought the name-change, because they had debuted as T1419 and were one of the most watched rookies of 2021 but than however MLD thought to change their name and ruined their career with it, and thats something they seem to be good in since they also ruined MOMOLAND's career. And IDK whats even going with MLD's newest girlgroup Lapilus.

Another one who has a big difference in their groups is Jellyfish Entertainment, because VIXX used to be one of the most popular boygroups as they had debuted but now didn't released any new music in over 4 years and than just disbanded gugudan for no reason. At the moment only VERIVERY is a group in that company who is active and they almost floped as they had debuted since people were not liking that they had so many retro-style releases in their first year.

Also RBW sucks with their groups since many people only recognize the company trought MAMAMOO, and only a few people know about the other artists, where the newest girlgroup Purple Kiss seems to be the most underrated one of them all followed by the band ONEWE. Some member of ONEWE even stated how pissed they are of not being promoted good enough and Yonghoon even said that if nothing changes he might leaves the band someday, wich is super sad.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Brave Girls and DKB. Both get messed up by Brave ent.

rollin ruined it. Please give DKB also a reversal.

Brave sucks, they had a Japanese girlgroup that got randomly disbanded by the Japanese partner-company without that the girls even knew why. As one of the girls posted about getting kicked out she even wrote she had no idea what happend and that she was only told to never come back, shortly after the whole group got disbanded and Brave never even said anything

• Brave sucks, they had a Japanese girlgroup that got randomly disbanded by the Japanese partner-company without that the girls even knew why. As one of the girls posted about getting kicked out she even wrote she had no idea what happend and that she was only told to never come back, shortly after the whole group got disbanded and Brave never even said anything

Yeah true, its similar with Brave Girls. Only if we make headlines we get an standard answer that they will take care of everything, then continue doing nothing.

Even DKB get's neglected. But at least they get something. Their weibo get's updated regularly while Brave girls last update is from minyoungs birthday 2020. BE cant take care of more than one group at the time.

At least he make good music and dont treat the idols harshly. Unlike many other groups they talk, eat and act freely.

• Yeah true, its similar with Brave Girls. Only if we make headlines we get an standard answer that they will take care of everything, then continue doing nothing.

Even DKB get's neglected. But at least they get something. Their weibo get's updated regularly while Brave girls last update is from minyoungs birthday 2020. BE cant take care of more than one group at the time.

At least he make good music and dont treat the idols harshly. Unlike many other groups they talk, eat and act freely.

Back as Brave had their Japanese group, they btw snatched one of the trainees of of FNC. So basicly they had no own trainees at that time and worked a lot with FNC's group AOA. They later on noticed a few trainees who hung up with AOA a lot during training and so he asked the trainees and one of them than joined his Japanese group. The girl is called Lena and is btw Thai but grew up in China and can speak 5 languages. The other girls were found trought a audition in Japan, but the line up was changed a few times and only the first girl that I mentioned was still there till the end. The group existed for 4 years and it looked kinda promissing with their debut-track but they ended up as an very underated group in Japan and mostly only performed free concerts in malls or other public areas and never even had been on Japanese TV.

Acording to the YT-channel of the Japanese partner company the girls (or at least some of them) did a kind of reunion-thing but they only just performed some of their old songs. It feels so weird to watch the clip about it on YT since there is Nene and Nene was the girl who got kicked out and told to never come back. She wrote in her letter to the fans that the "you should never come back" sounded like a threat to her back than and that she was very sad since she had no idea what she even did wrong to get told to just stay away from the group. But maybe the girls wanted another chance wich is why they came back 2 years after what had happend. Acording to some comments it makes fans quit sad to watch the reunion-video since they all know that the group has disbanded and will never release new music again

This was their debut MV

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And this was the last MV they released

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Arrrghh. I just checked their history. if i would have knew you would give me a more detailed cummulation here.😅🙈

You have the video of their reunion?

Im fearless. I can take any sadness or pain.

• Arrrghh. I just checked their history. if i would have knew you would give me a more detailed cummulation here.😅🙈

You have the video of their reunion?

Im fearless. I can take any sadness or pain.

External Content www.youtube.com

It's just 4 of the girls in the video

• External Content www.youtube.com

It's just 4 of the girls in the video

Thanks. Yeah its not sad if you have not been a fan of them in the past. Just a normal performance.

the harsh kick out sounds unfamiliar to Brave ent. Maybe that have something to do with the japanese supsidiary. Usuall they seem to care so less about their artists that instead of disband them, they forget they still have looked some artists in their dungeon.

• Yeah I meant the title, in contrast to groups under the same company with a big difference between them, especially if they debuted in the same generation

Another one is CIX (2019) cignature (2020) Epex (2021), all 4th generation from C9. However since cignature is under a sub-label of C9, they might have significantly less resources invested towards them from the start.

About WM, yeah ONF is basically non existent to me

Although I associate the name WM more with Lee Chaeyeon than Oh My Girl

Cannot talk that much on Momoland and Gugudan, although I just know from the outside Momoland members left

About RBW yeah I knew them as Mamamoo company too.

But Oneus seems to be on the known end out of current active boy groups (like Victon, The Boyz)

I actually think almost everyone knows about Purple Kiss, since they debuted 2021 and had a lot of activities in 2022

Onewe complains about not being promoted, that surprises me cause I thought they were simply used being not popular because they're a band instead of a idol group, nothing to do with lack of promotion

Play my thread game in arcade

Edited once, last by Help1: Being not popular , not being popular ().

• SUJU + SNSD?

Ok

I will believe it since I was not experiencing either of their reigns

Brave sucks, they had a Japanese girlgroup that got randomly disbanded by the Japanese partner-company without that the girls even knew why. As one of the girls posted about getting kicked out she even wrote she had no idea what happend and that she was only told to never come back, shortly after the whole group got disbanded and Brave never even said anything

I am confused on how they just tell them to leave without explaining, gugudan too

If you would have worked with these members for some time, years of training, and then decided that the group is to disband soon, it is not like it would hurt to explain it to the members and give them closure.

But I guess the company would be under a lot of stress, so that's possible.

I know one time in school I quietly dissolved a club that I ran with 3 other people, because it had no members joining, and I was already feeling under stress from no one joining, so I didn't bother to officially tell the 3 others we were not doing the club anymore and just quietly stopped talking to them, no one asked like "What about the the next meeting", and through our unspoken agreement there were no more meetings

This is not really equivalent to disbanding a band with members though

• I'm not a full expert, but I am curious how kard and mirae stack up.

I'm think kard is more successful as they are more established and have a good international presence. They make most of their money through touring. They are also the more known group overall.

However, neither groups are unfortunately that known are are on the Korean gp's radar... which makes sense as Kard is a co-ed group and Koreans don't care enough about co-ed groups, and Mirae being a non-big 4 bg means they will be overlooked as well. However, I do think they have the potential to gain more fandom power than Kard with time.

It is unfortunate that the post-produce hype didn't help much, but I think that's to be expected. x1 didn't last long enough to really help the members grow and gain a prescense like iz*one.

Looking at it from an album sales standpoint. Mirae is already selling more with their last couple albums nearing 50k sales. However, there isn't much growth between the last two releases (49,560[ ---> 49,188). So we'll have to see if they will grow more or remain stagnant.

Meanwhile, Kard's last album was about 26k which is half the amount of Mirae, but if you compare to their previous release, they had around 11k so that's more than double. It will be interesting to see how much they will grow and how fast they will grow.

As it stands, I would still consider kard the more successful group through reputation and tour money. But it will be interesting to see how they compare down the line.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Both are active at relatively the same time frame rate at their peak (2009-2014).
    Both had their career breakthrough in the same year (2009). Suju with Sorry Sorry and SNSD with Gee and Genie.

Both winning their first daesang in 2009

• Kard doubled their album sales, after a 2 year break for someone enlisting, that is unexpected. They completely dropped out of my consciousness and I didn't even know they came back until a couple months after the fact

Kard has 3.47 million youtube subscribers, that's so much

Yes I agree what you said, it will be interesting to see how much and how quickly they grow

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!