Today is "Orchestra" 6th anniversary! BiSH's breakthrough song that took them from a small indie act to one of the biggest groups in Japan

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

more than 5 years of being their fan and this is still my favorite BiSH song, i wouldn't necessarily call it their best song because across their vast and diverse discography it would be really hard to even make a top 5

what i want to talk about is the impact it had in the members and fans, we are talking of a small indie group that was barely filling small club venues and yet in less than five years were standing at the Kōhaku Uta Gassen performing in from of millions and now is widely considered to be a top 10 J-girl group

i think the best comparison you could make would be with NIRVANA and their song "Smells Like Teen Spirit", not because "BiSh ArE BiGgEr ThAn KuRt CoBaIn" but because they had similar impacts in their respective music scenes, these days is really common to hear the term "alt idol / alternative idol" in mainstream J-media, BiSH didn't created the alt idol scene, you couldn't event call it a joint effort between multiple musical acts that renegaded from the mainstream, it just kinda happened and BiSH are simply the biggest act to be associated with it

the first BiSH's song i listened to was "Hontou Honki", also from the same album "KiLLER BiSH" which along "GUERiLLA BiSH" are still my favorites

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and you know what, is nice that their success is empowering smaller acts to try different things

as of 2022 any possible niche you can imagine is slowly getting fill up by new acts that have no interest in becoming the new "AKB48", they accept they are never going to be able to compete with them and have no interest in trying, they just want to do their own thing

from a girl claiming to be 444 year old ghost that haunts toilets, a middle aged buff guy joining a girl group that is otherwise completely normal, people carrying the name "ANAL SEX PENiS" with pride, you feel anything is possible, is kinda fitting that a group called "Brand new idol shit" (BiSH's full name) ended becoming the face of such movement

back to BiSH, they are disbanding next year, there is going to be plenty of time in the future to gauge the impact they had in the industry, i definitely believe that this is one of the best success stories you are going to find in the industry, in other countries they are similar stories and is always nice to heard about people that put faith in what they were doing finally get recognized for their hard work

also let me share a moment from when they still were still unknown and with nothing to prove, just friends having fun

back in 2015 BiSH held a concert, tickets sold out, members and fans are in the venue, just a normal concert

they start their concert by playing "Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni", which is their debut song

before continuing, nice lyrics and if you are curious, yes, that's horse poop, i love how the people that recorded that video ended getting one of the most viewed performances of Kōhaku Uta Gassen last year, Japan's most prestigious music event watched by dozens of millions

External Content twitter.com

back to the story, after playing the song they got ready for the next one "Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni",

fans are a little confused but didn't thought much about it, they finish playing and start the next song... "Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni"

see where is this going C5LjWk5.png

well they ended playing the song 13 times in a row (+ an encore)

01. 06:00 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

02. 10:43 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

03. 15:20 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

04. 19:57 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

05. 24:34 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

06. 29:11 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

07. 33:48 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

08. 38:25 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

09. 43:02 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

10. 47:39 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

11. 52:16 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

12. 56:52 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

13. 01:01:28 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

20. 01:44:58 BiSH-星が瞬く夜に- / Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni

again, they announced a normal set list with a variety of songs, just like any other concert is just that the members decided that it was better to play "Hoshi ga Matataku Yoru ni" again and again

some fans were angry, some confused, a few left and and other have the time of their lives, at the time they were still nobodies but yet managed to make a really memorable show

and for anyone that is still reading my ramblings, some BiSH MVs, not a "best videos" list just some of the ones i've been watching lately

• ...i still have more stuff to write about Orchestra but the post was starting to get too long, soon there is going to be another relevant day related to the song and so i'm going to use that as an excuse to talk about it a little more

there are 800+ words in this post just to barely talk about a song, that's why i would never ever try writting a history or summary about BiSH, to me that would as significant as writting a PhD essay

anyway, BiSH are really cool, you would be surprised but i kinda like this group

they are going to disband at some point in 2023, currently they are doing a 12 month single long project "BiSH iS OVER"

• stanBiSH

Changed the title of the thread from “Today is "Orchestra" 6th anniversary! BiSH's breakthrough song that took from a small indie act to one of the biggest groups in Japan” to “Today is "Orchestra" 6th anniversary! BiSH's breakthrough song that took them from a small indie act to one of the biggest groups in Japan”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!