Will smaller KPop girl groups promoting in the West translate into money?

• Brave Girls in NYC

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Lightsum in Vienna

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(Don't ask me why LS , left for dead by Cube, made it to Vienna.)

Lightsum was received well by the women fans while male fans largely ignored them. Apparently in that part of Europe there are not enough music for women to enjoy and LS appears to fill the gap.

But, will these be enough to sustain these acts?

Now the Big Boss of KPop has entered a semi-permanent hiatus, and the 1,343 years old deadweight about to suffocate all of Korean Pop scene and acts from major companies fight gigantic battles for supremacy, smaller players have to find a niche when there is time, which is running out quite quickly.

Whyknock has to ask this question. Will the smaller acts trying to find a niche outside of K-O-R-E-A be able to find enough success to sustain themselves?

Tiffany Young tried to promote in USA. Being an American she knew how things operated and she was not ambitious. But she eventually ended up back in K-O-R-E-A.

A similar story occurred to A.Leean. She tried to debut in secret but Amber Liu shot her from the back by revealing her identity.

Alexa Schneidermann is doing better for now, but how much better, no one really knows. And she is no longer considered KPop.

Several lesser known girl groups will join KCon to try their luck in the West.

I applaud their efforts to do something outside of Asia. They already contributed more to Kpop than a certain 1,343 years old , but I myself do not see their efforts paying off within the relevant time period. ( I have written several times that six years after debut, any activity by a non-major act becomes unprofitable, no matter what.)

• Dreamcatcher touring numbers were close to Itzy during 2019 and they did not sell more than 30k at that time. They were touring even in Europe.

External Content twitter.com

• Dreamcatcher touring numbers were close to Itzy during 2019 and they did not sell more than 30k at that time. They were touring even in Europe.

External Content twitter.com

Spice girls went on tour in 2019?

I did not know that.

• there are so much more factors to consider than merely the size of the group itself...

both BP and twice do really well and they are miles apart in terms of group numbers...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!