Am i the only one uncomfortable by this about Lesserafim ???

• I finally had time to watch their performance so i started with the "Blue fame " performance

and something really made me uncomfortable watching it, i hope i'm not the only one who notice it

there's Two minors in the group and during a certain move, Hybe cameraman kept doing some very controversial angle to film the choregraphy

0:49 & 1:58

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

please tell me i'm not the only one who felt uncomfortable watching this performance during this moment '-'

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• I don’t think the camera man is doing anything weird. The skirts flair but they have shorts on. So Doesn’t seem overly sexual for me.

you dont think purposely going low to show more ass when they do that move is weird with 15 year olds?

• how is it "hybe's cameraman"? i doubt whoever shot that is a long-term hybe employee as a lot of these cameramen are contracted employees. also the angle isn't actually that low or revealing. not to invalidate your feelings or anything but

who's your favorite artist?

• personally, down to up angles like shown at the timestamps is really tapdancing on the line.

On one hand they do have precautions to prevent mishaps but on the other hand is it ok to do that in the first place?

Is hybe trying to reboot the Miss A concept?

the one thing that ticked me off the most was the punch zoom at 0:26 before the cut. just :pepe-cross:

• Honestly I don't know if it's just me, when watching the performances I didn't really pay attention to how the cameraman is "trying to sexualise" the members or the performance I was just enjoying the performance as a whole

I get it your opinions are valid if you point it out like that but it wasn't the first thing that came to my mind.

The thing is, I feel like everytime I see AKP comments on LE SSERAFIM people have certain things ingrained in their mind. Because of past controversy of photos or teaser pics, it's like everyone is "trying to lookout" for things that "make it look like" it is to sexualise the girls

It's like I didn't even notice it but now I'm purposely noticing it because someone pointed it out.

A lot of comments I've seen today about LE SSERAFIM seems to be confirmation bias to me

• I think we should kind of reverse our thinking

it would probably be bad this kind of angle shot if it will be filmed somewhere in high school in Europe during party or school festival

but in Kpop for so many years girls are wearing those packed safety shorts that I think no one is expecting to see anything there

you can compare it to LOONA's Shake It performance in Q2 when they were taking off clothes during performance yet no one would scream: "they are naked"

because it was obvious that there are clothes under :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Beside that humping the floor move which was over the line, I feel Hybe is tip toeing with this group and the entire concept, not crossing the line but stay at the edge, my only problem is that they shouldn't had debuted minors and go with the sexy concept they clearly wanted to show, there is a open space for sexy ggs

• SooYoung i hope you really feel concerned about this group and it’s not a weird way of using this as a weapon because its a Hybe Group and a new debuting GG.

I feel more uncomfortable that some of you are trying to create some sort of narrative to make others view something as inappropriate and uncomfortable even though they didn’t felt that way watching them.

If you look at this performance and the first thing you notice is something overly sexual, than maybe it’s more about your way of thinking and not others.

I don’t see any weird camera position, the minors skirts are longer than those of the adults and they all wear safety pants. Please stop it !

• And I don’t know if you are aware, but your own faves became victims of sexual harassment because their company failed to protect them, you should be more concerned about that. I haven’t seen you making any Thread about this.

• From your description I was expecting the worst but the actual video is normal. Such things are common with that type of skirt hence the safety shorts.. You can find stuff like this in pretty much every single girl group that’s ever worn such skirts. The camera angle wasn’t weirdly low or anything.

Your feelings are valid of course, but I just hope you had similar concerns with other girl groups this has happened to (literally every single gg I can think of).

• I think people are starting to nitpick and over think things with this group after the whole casting call trailer fiasco. Like, I understand the problems with that trailer but people now have obviously turned this into a witch-hunt and that's unfair to the girls, besides it dilutes the severity of a real issue.

• i find you being a man in your 20s and stanning every new debuted gg out there is the only creepy thing here.... gg stans are a disease and i stand by this opinion

• No it doesn’t look like an up skirt shot. There was no “ass” to be shown. Idk why people are behaving like this. Your comment is making me more uncomfortable than the video.

alls this tells me is you have normalized old men making young minor girls dance hyper sexually for profits, about all i need to know about you

if i had to guess, you probably think what happeen to aespa was fine as "boys will be boys"

• It seems to be confirmation bias more than anything problematic. It's nothing you haven't seen in the horde of new girl groups in the last few years.

Because of the whole sexualized and male gaze controversy in the beginning, some of yall are purposely seeing things as overtly sexual when it's just normal.

• I knew this group would be dragged as soon they released the first teaser. Some things could’ve been handled a little bit better I agree.

I’m supposed to take seriously when a man tell he’s uncomfortable by nothing vulgar.

For someone who stans aespa and know how they got dragged severely for less. Uts quite upsetting. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• I didn't see anything inappropriate here. That move is the same one Lisa is doing in her video with less clothes. 🤷‍♀️

Out of topic but Baekhyun look so badass in that gif :whatk:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• And I don’t know if you are aware, but your own faves became victims of sexual harassment because their company failed to protect them, you should be more concerned about that. I haven’t seen you making any Thread about this.

first yes i'm award

and second , why should i make a thread about it when there was already tons of thread already created by other users about this subject

:facepalm::facepalm:

• I didn't see anything inappropriate here. That move is the same one Lisa is doing in her video with less clothes. 🤷‍♀️

My problem isn't the move itself, the move is a usual move from a kpop dance

My problem is more on the fact that :

1. because it was always a problem in kpop that some weird men used to try to take pictures of girl group under their skirt when they were performing (safety pants or not)

2. the fact that they are going repetitively for the same low angle, at firt when i saw the first time this angle i was startle but i thought " OK maybe they are just trying to take the moves on different angle and the next angle it will be a more "normal" angle" but they kept going for the same different angle everytime and always when it was this move in particular

Like OK i get it but you can try different angle, i don't know try to capture the girls with a large angle on the face and higher you don't need to go for such low angle and always for this moves

3. I would have find this a little bit more acceptable if it was in the case of lisa for example and they were all older but the fact that they are going for such low angle in a girlgroup where 2 of the members are minor (16yo & 15yo)

i don't think it was a great decision

• I think your point is valid, this is in no way the fault of the members of the group, but of the men who put them in these situations. My mind flagged a red flag when I saw that the group's creative director had already posted an inappropriate photo of women on his instagram. Today watching the clip I saw that one step of Fearless' choreography has a movement that in my country is hypersexualized (which is a problem for a group with minors)

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!